From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Suburban neighborhood south of main Astoria, along the eastern shore of Youngs River
- Mainly a bedroom community for Astoria, Warrenton and other areas in the vicinity. Has little local amenities beyond a small corner market and gas station, requiring most residents to do their shopping elsewhere.
- Mostly known for Greenwood Cemetery, one of the largest cemeteries in the Astoria area. The Finnish Brotherhood of Astoria has purchased a large block of the cemetery's plots to sell to their membership.
- Made up mainly of medium (three to four bedroom) single-family homes and small apartment buildings.
- Housing is occupied by a mixture of owners and renters.
- Many of the residences were built after 1980.
- Above average income neighborhood
- 10% of the children here live below the poverty level.
- 30% of population are employed in executive, management and professional occupations.
- 35% of population are employed in clerical, assistant and tech support occupations.
- 10% of population are employed in sales and service jobs.
- 10% of population are employed in manufacturing and laborer occupations.
- 5% of the population are employed in farming, fishing or timer harvesting
- 8% German
- 7% English
- 7% Norwegian
- 5% Irish
- 4% Finnish
- 3% Mexican
- 97% English
- 3% Other