Werewolf Fighting Merits
Call Out (••)
Prerequisites: Intimidation ••, Composure •••
Effect: You fight with honor and dignity, calling out an opponent for one-on-one combat. If you make a successful Presence + Intimidation roll, opposed by the target's Resolve + Composure, the target feels obligated to abide by the challenge, suffering a penalty equal to your net successes on the roll to attack someone else or to be aided by someone else. On any turn in which he attacks someone else, you gain a bonus equal to the same amount to attack him.
Drawback: If anyone else attacks the target, the challenge is broken, and the opponent gains the bonus to all dice pools against your character for the remainder of the scene.
Efficient Killer (•••)
Prerequisites: Primal Urge •, Brawl •••, Medicine ••, Strength •••
Effect: You are the master of swift, merciful death. You know exactly where to clamp down to end a life in one swift blow. When in hybrid, wolf or alpha form, any time an opponent is denied their Defense, you may upgrade a number of points of damage you inflict equal to your Strength or Medicine (whichever is lower) from bashing to lethal, or from lethal to aggravated. Armor subtracts these upgraded damage points first.
Drawback: This Merit only works on living targets with discernible weak points. You must sacrifice your Defense to use this attack. As this invokes the Feral Wolf, anytime you use this Merit's benefits gain one Rage.
Prerequisites: Stealth ••, Brawl ••, Wits •••
Effect: You aren't amazing in a fight, but are skilled in the "wolf pack" technique of fighting in which one wolf darts in to grab hold of the prey, distracting and hobbling it while a packmate drives in to do the real damage. Any time you make a grappling attack, you can allocate any successes beyond the first as bonus dice to a compatriot's attacks over the next turn. This only works with the initial roll to establish the grapple.
Drawback: You must devote all of your attention to the effort, sacrificing your Defense to use Flanking.
Relentless Assault (Style, • to •••••)
Prerequisites: Brawl ••, Strength •••, Stamina •••
Effect: You fight with complete abandon. You throw yourself at your opponents without thought or hesitation, turning yourself into a ruthless killing machine. You're the first into the fight, and the last out of a fight. This style can only be used with attacks using the Brawl Skill.
- Drop of a Hat (•): You goes from zero to ballistic at the start of a fight. You always go to strike first. In the first turn of a fight, you get +3 to your Initiative score so long as you intend to make an all-out attack. After the first turn, this bonus goes away.
- Eye of the Tiger (••): You can hone in on a single target, to the exclusion of all others. This tunnel vision makes you fearsome against your primary target, but vulnerable to others. Choose a target. You get +1 die in any attack against him, and +1 Defense against any of his attacks. However, you lose 2 points of Defense against all other combatants.
- Dig Deep (•••): You don’t strike for your enemy’s skin; you strike for a spot a few feet behind it. To you, there should be no grazing wounds. You can choose to remove two dice from your dice pool before rolling an attack. If you do, add a point of weapon damage to your character’s claws or teeth.
- Grin and Bear It (••••): You can simply cease caring about your own safety in order to take down your opponents, and this single-minded lethality helps you to shrug off blows that might cripple others less ferocious. Any time you take an all-out attack, you gain two points of armor against all attacks for the turn. This combines with any other armor you may be benefiting from.
- The Warpath (•••••): You kill, but do not stop your assault. Any time you fill a character’s last health box with lethal or aggravated damage, you may immediately make an additional attack against any other character within your reach. Doing so invokes the Feral Wolf, adding one Feral Die.
Drawback: This Style Merit requires no conscious thought to use in a fight. This means you will use its benefits while Feral, regardless of who your attacking.
Spiritual Blockage (••)
Prerequisites: Shadow Sight Merit, Wits •••, Brawl •, Occult •••
Effect: You can sense the Ebb and flow of Essence in your opponents. With a well-placed strike, you can cause not just a bodily wound, but a spiritual one. Anytime you make a Brawl or Weaponry attack against a creature that uses Essence, you may take a -2 penalty to the roll, cumulative with other modifiers. If the attack is successful, the target loses a point of Essence in addition to all the other normal effects of the attack. If the attack is an exceptional success, the victim loses two points. This Essence is considered spent, so counts against the amount a victim can spend in a turn.
Prerequisites: Harmony •, Expression ••, Intimidation ••, Presence ••
Effect: You can give a howling roar that shakes opponents to their core. Roll Presence + Expression to use this howl. You may affect a number of listeners equal to the successes rolled. Those affected take the Disspirited Tilt.
Drawback: This Merit may only be used in non-human forms. As this invokes the Feral Wolf, anytime you use this Merit's benefits gain one Rage.