Werewolf Going Feral
From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- The Feral Wolf attempts to seize control over the werewolf's body, forcing his psyche aside while it takes over his body.
- Any time the werewolf gains one or more points of Rage, and the total of his accumulated Rage equals or exceeds the werewolf's Composure + Harmony, the Feral Wolf may attempt to force the werewolf to go Feral.
- The Feral Wolf spends a point of Rage and inflicts the Fighting the Wolf Tilt on the werewolf.
- At any time during the period he is suffering from the tilt, a werewolf may take an action to make a Feral Test. He may put off the Feral Test for a number of rounds equal to his Resolve + Harmony, at which point he is forced to use an action to make the Feral Test.
Slipping the Leash
- A werewolf with the Unanchored Condition may not shapechange of his own power.
- He may, however, spend a point of Willpower to do what is called "slipping the leash" - goading his Feral Wolf to the surface in hopes of defeating it and using its power to shapeshift.
- The Feral Test that follows is performed only with the unanchored wolf's Resolve, even if he has Harmony.
- If he wins the Feral Test, he may choose to assume hybrid form as part of his success.
- Action: Standard. A werewolf can only make this test during his action; he cannot even use normal movement while doing so.
- Dice Pool: Resolve + Harmony - Primal Urge
- Bonuses: One or more pack Bondmate is nearby (+1), interacting with or near Anchor (+1), immersed in cold environment (+1), pain stimulus (+1 per -1 penalty)
- Penalties: Each point of Rage the Feral Wolf spends, maximum of werewolf's Stamina (-1)
- Critical Success: You defeat the Feral Wolf. Reduce your Rage pool down to 0.
- Success: You defeat the Feral Wolf. Reduce your Rage pool by a number of points equal to your Harmony.
- Failure: You gain the Feral Condition. Reduce your Rage pool by a number of points equal to your Primal Urge.
- Dramatic Failure: You gain the Feral Condition. Do not reduce your Rage pool. Gain a Primal Beat.