Werewolf Primal Urge
The power of the Feral Wolf - that "inner wolf" that is at the core of every werewolf - is measured by the Primal Urge trait. The higher the rating of this trait, the more powerful the werewolf…but also the more difficult it is to avoid losing control of his Feral Wolf completely.
- Feral Wolf: You gain an internal beast that behaves like nothing so much as a caged, feral wolf. It has a savage kind of personality, described by its Feral Wolf Archetype.
- Essence: Gain Essence Pool equal to Primal Urge rating + 5.
As a werewolf's Primal Urge grows, his own abilities sharpen significantly. At each dot after the first, choose one of the following Refinements. Some mechanics refer to Refinement Skills. These are: Investigation, Medicine; Athletics, Brawl, Stealth, Survival; Animal Ken, Empathy, Intimidation.
- Auditory Acuity: Gain the Rote Action benefit on Perception tests based on hearing.
- Olfactory Acuity: Gain the Rote Action benefit on Perception tests based on scent.
- Improved Healing: Gain the Rote Action benefit on Healing tests when healing non-Aggravated damage.
- Primal (Skill): Choose one Skill from the list of Refinement Skills. You gain 9-Agains on rolls involving this Skill for one scene. As this invokes the Feral Wolf, anytime you use this Refinements benefits add one Rage.
- Instinctual (Skill): Choose one Skill that you have the Primal (Skill) Refinement for. You now gain 8-Agains when using that ability, and you gain 3 Rage instead.
- (Bane) Resistance: Choose one Bane type (silver/mercury, rowan, aconite, belladonna, electricity, simple banes). Pain penalties from exposure to that Bane are halved, and you gain the Rote Ability for any rolls involving resisting, recovering from or throwing off its effects. As this invokes the Feral Wolf, anytime you use this Refinement's benefits in a scene, add one Feral Die (maximum one Feral Die per scene).
- Sleep Alleviation: Each hour of sleep counts as two towards rest (but not for healing purposes), meaning the werewolf requires half the normal amount of sleep as others.