Artie Archbunker "The Hack"
The Sea-Monkies: George, Jane, Judy, and Elroy
- Intuitive Solution: Once per Issue, when Artie is forced to attempt a Check using a Skill he has no Ranks in, he may spend a Story Point to use his Ranks in a Characteristic in place of that Skill (thus allowing him to build a Dice Pool using two Characteristics instead of a Characteristic and Skill. A suitable Narrative explanation must be given to explain how the chosen Characteristic applies.
- Bar Brawler: Artie adds to Brawl checks and combat checks using improvised weapons.
- Dirty Tricks: After Artie inflicts a Critical Injury on an enemy, that character upgrades their next check once.
- Rapid Reaction (Rank 3): When determining Initiative, Artie may suffer up to 3 Strain to add an equal number of to his roll.
- Let's Ride: Once, during Artie's Strip, he can use and Incidental to mount or dismount from a vehicle or animal, or move from one position in a vehicle to another (such as from the cockpit to a gun turret). In addition, if Artie suffers a short-range fall (see page 112) from a vehicle or animal, He suffer no damage and lands on his feet.
- Clever Retort (Rank 1): Once per Conflict, Artie may activate this Talent as an Out-of-Turn Incidental to add to an opposing character's Social Skill Check.
- Congenial (Rank 2): Artie may suffer up to 2 Strain to Downgrade the Difficulty of a Charm or Negotiation Check once per each Strain spent.
- Customer Service Experience (Rank 1): After Artie rolls a Charm Check, but before cancelling and resolving results, he use an Incidental to spend 1 Strain to remove one .
- Smooth Talker (Rank 1): When Artie performs a Charm Check, he may spend to gain additional .
- Talk Shop: Artie may use an Incidental when making a Charm check targeting an engineer, mechanic, scientist, or similar individual to count their ranks of Charm as equal to their ranks in Knowledge or Mechanics.
- Probing Question: If Artie knows his targets Flaw or Fear motivation, he inflicts 3 additional Strain anytime he uses a Social Skill against that Character.
- All Terrain Driver: Artie does not suffer penalties for driving in rough terrain.
- Dedication (Presence): Artie's Presence is increased by 1 (now 4).
- Robust Skill Training: Artie now counts Charm, Cool, and Vigilance as Career Skills.
- Unremarkable. Any character wishing to find or identify Artie in a crowd suffers an automatic to their roll.
- Grit (Rank 3): Artie increases his Strain Threshold by 3.
- Deep Pockets: Once per Issue, Artie may use a Panel to produce a small but narratively useful item from their pockets, backpack, or similar receptacle (it turns out the item had been there the whole time). Your GM has final say as to what items can be produced with Deep Pockets, but generally the item should have a small cost and have an encumbrance of 0 or 1.
- Prior Service (National Taxi Work's Alliance): Artie was formerly a member of the national union of taxi drivers. Artie gains Drive as a Career Skill and in addition, once per Issue, Artie may collect a small favor from any other member of the organization, even if they do not currently him any favors.
- Redundant Systems: Once per Issue, Artie use a Panel to take a Redundant Systems action; make an Easy () Mechanics check to harvest components from a functioning device to repair a broken one without breaking the first device.
Enchanted Mail Order Items (Mystic/Tech)
Artie's strange abilities are granted from a collection of 'classic' gimmick item's once available to order from comic books and pulp magazines. Left behind in his cab by a odd-ball fair, after driving the weirdo to the Newark Airport. Items purchased from these adds, miraculously arrive via private courier from the Cryptic Camelot Classics Company... "Please allow 5-7 Business for Delivery."
- Edge: Unexpected Gizmo (Reskinned Forces of Creation)
- Artie may spend a Heroic Moment to manifest an entirely new Power, with a number of Ranks equal to the highest number of Ranks from powers within this Set. This temporary Power lasts for a single Page, and Artie may select an equal number of Effects for this new Power as normal. This momentary ability is not restricted by any Limit's which may have applied to the Power used for determining its Ranks, but this Power Sets Weakness does apply, as normal.
- Weakness: Bag of Tricks (Reskinned Tools on Hand)
- Artie's Powers are completely provided by these strange items he has collected since that fateful cab fair. All Powers with this Source are considered to have the Object Limit applied to them, making them vulnerable to damage or even destruction. In addition, the Narrator may spend a Story Point at the start of an Issue to render one Power with this Source to be unavailable to Artie until he spends a Story Point to narratively alter the scene, and allowing the use of that power once again.
Archie's Bag of Tricks
- Charles Atlas's Guide to Strength (Enhanced Characteristic - Brawn - Rank 2) 30xp
- Effects - Effective, Amazing: You gain any time you use this power when making a Brawn Check. You also may reduce the Difficulty of any Non-Combat Brawn Check you make by 2.
- Concentrated Effort (Heroic Moment): You may use a Heroic Moment to reduce the difficulty of a single Brawn check to a Simple (-). This reduction lasts for a number of Pages equal to your Ranks in Boosted (Brawn), but you must concentrate on this effect to maintain it, meaning that if you do anything else, the effect ends.
- Count Dante's Black Dragon Fighting Society (Enhanced Characteristic - Agility - Rank 2) 30xp
- Effects - Flexible, Triumphant: Before Resolving an Agility Check when using this power, you may exchange for or for twice. In addition, up to twice per issue, before resolving your check, you may spend and add a to your result (this does not count as being "rolled").
- Concentrated Effort (Heroic Moment): You may use a Heroic Moment to reduce the difficulty of a single Agility check to a Simple (-). This reduction lasts for a number of Pages equal to your Ranks in Boosted (Agility), but you must concentrate on this effect to maintain it, meaning that if you do anything else, the effect ends.
- Deadly Gags (Attack Power - Brawl Based - Rank 4, Limit: Charges, Preparation) 85xp: Grants you a Range (Short), Damage 8 Attack.
- Artie is equipped with a vintage Joy Buzzer that arcs sorcerous lightning and Whoopy Cushions which explode with force of a grenade. Before using this Power, Artie must spend a panel to ready one of the gags.
- Effects - Electrifying (Reskinned Terrorizing), Shocking (Reskinned Psychic), Blast and Impact - All count as Electricity or Explosion Based:
- You Attack gain the Blast, Stun, and Disorient Qualities at Rank 4 as well as the Knockdown Quality.
- The Blast Quality may be activated by spending and inflicts 4 Damage, plus 1 additional point of damage for each uncancelled scored on the initial attack check. This counts as a second/separate attack and deals damage to your target and all characters at the Engaged Range to that character.
- The Knockdown Quality may be activated by spending and forces your opponent to move one Range Band in a direction of your choosing and is knocked prone. Prone characters gain +1 Ranged Defense, but suffer on all attacks and actions requiring them to be standing. Prone characters may use a Panel to regain their feet
- The Stun Quality can be activated by spending and inflicts 4 Strain on your target (ignoring Soak). In addition, if the Stun Quality inflicts Strain on a target, you may spend an additional to cause your target to become Staggered until the end of their next trip. Staggered characters lose one of their free Panels, and may not perform an Action Panel while under this condition. This additional effect may be activated multiple times, each increasing the duration of the Staggered Status by one Page.
- The Disorient Quality may be activated by spending and inflicts on the target for 4 Pages. You may apply Disorient multiple times to the same opponent, adding additional , but you may only activate Disorient once per hit. Targets that are both Immobilized and Staggered those their Strip.
- Spectacular Attack (Heroic Moment): You gain 2 Ranks in your Attack for a single Strip, and may select up to two additional Effects to apply or you may use 1 or more of these additional Ranks to temporarily remove a Limit applied to this power, but may not ignore the Weakness applied by this powers Source.
- Propeller Beanie (Movement Power - Rank 2) 30xp
- You ignore the effects of Difficult Terrain, and cannot be immobilized unless the net scored on the attack are greater than 2.
- Effects - Aerial, Distance: You may use this power to Fly, ignoring objects or effects on the ground which would impede you movement, from on point to another. At the end of your movement, you return to the ground. When you move, you do so using Planetary Scale Ranges, effectively allowing you to move anywhere during Structured Conflicts.
- Fast Track (Heroic Moment): For the rest of the Page, increase the Ranks in this Power by 2 and you may select up to 2 additional effects.
- Bag of Tricks (Utility - Rank 4 - Limits: Fragile Object, Charges) 85xp:
- Basic Power: You can perform various, minor, narrative things – up to Short Range, which last for a number of Pages equal to your Ranks in Utility. These can include manipulating objects beyond your reach, summon dim light, creating minor illusions, speaking telepathically, ect. The scope of these minor things is determined by your character concept and power description and can, at most, negate one or provide one during a Test.
- Smoke Bombs (Disruption, Selected Once - Perception and Vigilance): You may target an enemy and apply to any Perception or Vigilance checks they make until the end of their next Strip.
- Stink Bombs (Disruption, Selected Once - Athletic and Acrobatics): You may target an enemy and apply to any Athletics or Acrobatics checks they make until the end of their next Strip.
- X-Ray Specs (Augment, Selected Once - Perception and Vigilance): You target yourself or an ally and add when rolling Perception and Vigilance to notice things.
- Range (Selected Once): Artie can now use the effects of Bag of Tricks out to Medium Range.
- Pandemonium (Heroic Moment): For the rest of the Page, increase the Ranks in this Power by 2 and you may select up to 2 additional effects.
New York Cabbie (Special Training)
Archie spent his life in the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. He's seen the full spectrum of human behavior and life experience has taught him to expect the strange and unexplainable.
- Grit (Ranks 1, 2, 3) 30xp
- Rapid Reaction (Ranks 1, 2, 3) 30xp
- Unremarkable (Rank 1) 5xp
- Dirty Tricks (Rank 2) 10xp
- Probing Question (Rank 2) 10xp
- Robust Skill Training (Cool, Charm, Vigilance) (Rank 2) 10xp
- Drive Rank 3 and 4 35xp
- Streetwise Rank 4 20xp
- Cool Rank 1 and 2 15xp
- Vigilance Rank 1 and 2 15xp
- Brawl Rank 2 and 3 25xp
- Ranged Rank 1 10xp
- Mid-Season Reset: 30xp
- Mid-Season Finale: 30xp
- Congenial (Rank 1 and 2) - 35xp
- Dedication: Presence - 25xp