Astoria Alameda WestLex
From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Western portion of Astoria, consisting mostly of hillside homes and the shipping and recreational boating facilities at the Port of Astoria.
- Made up mostly of medium-sized (three to four bedroom) to small (studio to two bedroom) single-family homes and small apartment buildings.
- Most residences are older, well-established, built during 1940 - 1969.
- Moderate income neighborhood (middle-class mostly), with a higher income than 40% of the neighborhoods in America.
- 13% of the children here live at below the poverty level.
- High percentage of military workers, employed in Warrenton.
- 36% of population are employed in sales and service jobs.
- 30% of population are employed in executive, management and professional occupations.
- 22% of population are employed in manufacturing and laborer occupations.
- 11% of population are employed in clerical, assistant and tech support occupations.
- 11% Mexican
- 8% Finnish
- 7% German
- 6% Italian
- 5% English
- 10% were born in another country
- 85% of households speak English
- 15% of households speak Spanish, Chinese or other languages.