Difference between revisions of "Blackstaff Tower"
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
* '''[[Vault of Sages]]'''
* '''[[Vault of Sages]]'''
Revision as of 06:06, 15 February 2016
A Dungeons & Dragons Next Campaign in the Forgotten Realms
Year of the Arch (DR 1353)
The name of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, the Archmage of Waterdeep, is known far and wide. An ally of the Harpers and suspected Lord of Waterdeep, the Blackstaff is a force for order in the sometimes wild North.
He is also well-known as a master to a great many wizards of note in the North, including Malchor Harpell and Savengriff. His many apprentices all show a flair for magic that others can only envy, and those who survive training with him inevitably go on to excel at the Art.
Mentorship with him is not easy, of course - he is often away tending to his other responsibilities and agendas. Even when he is in residence in Waterdeep, he is frequently embroiled in one task or another. Not only must his apprentices show willingness to comb through the materials he leaves them to study, but they must also demonstrate the motivation to get out and find their own opportunities to sharpen their mastery of the Art; indeed, it is no wonder that many of his finest apprentices are skilled adventurers in their own right.
But above all, they must demonstrate cunning and resilience, for all too often the enemies that Khelben makes while tending to his interests seek to follow him home - or try to lay waste to what is his in his absence.
- Ahmadar Catcatcher, dwarven mage & bounty hunter; played by Chillos
- Evendur Husteem, human cleric & priest of Mystra; played by Jeff Evendur Old
- Ciro Melshimber, human cleric of Deneir & spy; played by Josh
- Glim, Halfling Rogue & Street Urchin; played by Jamie
Alternates & Previous
- Daven, Half-Elf Ranger & Guide; played by Jamie
- Nitasili, High Elf Bard & Minstrel; played by Chillos
- Fastfist Riardon, Half Elf Fighter/Rogue & Thug; played by Jeff
- Amalya, Drow Elf Druid & Guide; played by Josh
- Ahkhalan, dwarven fighter & thug; played by A.J.
Language & Writing
- Forgotten Realms Languages: A comprehensive examination of the languages of Faerun.
- Languages in the North: The most commonly spoken languages in the Savage North.
- Everyday Writings in the Realms: A look at the tools of the scrivener: parchment and ink.
- Daily Dwarf Common in the Realms: A look at some of the Dwarven slang that has entered the Common tongue.
- Drugs of the Realms: A look at the narcotics of the Realms.
- Time of Day in the Realms: How Faerunians divide up the hours of the day.
- Realms Astrology: Includes a means of generating a natal chart for your character!