A Dungeons & Dragons 5e Campaign in the Forgotten Realms
Year of the Scarlet Witch (DR 1491)
In the middle of the Trades Ward sit the Dusken Glade Inn - an inn of no particular note. Traders, travelers, and all sorts of folk stop in here. It's a good place for locals and strangers alike to bend an elbow and an ear at the same time, and the staff here are helpful and unobtrusive.
And all of that is just how the Harpers like it.
The Dusken Glade is a Harper sanctuary and safehouse, the headquarters for a small cell of its agents who are ready and able to provide aid to their fellows, to keep an eye and ear out for useful information for Those That Harp, and to possibly make some kind of difference in the world. This is the story of the Dusken Glade's resident team.
- Lola, Lightfoot Halfling Assassin • Harpers; played by Greg
- Frick, Shield Dwarf Bear Totem Warrior of Lurue • Harpers & Griffins; played by Chillos
- Clarc, Aarakocra Monk • Harpers & Stationers' Guild; played by A.J.
- Psalm Melshimber, Tiefling Bard • Harpers, Heralds, & House Melshimber; played by Charley
- Orion De'spri, Human Druid • Harpers & House De'spri; played by Dan
- Zan (Zanerith) Derlyn, Half-Drow Sorcerer/Warlock • Harpers; played by Kurt
The Dearly Departed
- Heinrich Mountainflower, Bugbear Fighter/Rogue • Harpers & Griffins; played by Kurt
- Sylyra, Firbolg Cleric of Eilistraee • Harpers & Promenade-in-Exile; played by Greg NOT DEAD, ONLY RETIRED
|6th level: 15 milestones|
7th level: 21 milestones
8th level: 28 milestones
Known Milestone Awards
- Ellerna Melshimber: Rescue Ellerna from the ogres: .5 milestone • Retrieve Ellerna's strongchest: .5 milestone
- Sweethymn Hall: Return Milil's Harp to the temple in Minstrel's Rest: .5 milestone
Dusken Glade Harper Cell
- Harpers Faction: Information on the Harpers as an organization
- Harper Cell: Mechanics for Harper Cells
- Dusken Glade Cell: The PCs' cell of the Harpers, and information pertinent to it.
- Harpers of Waterdeep: The known Harpers in the City of Splendors
- Enemy Operatives: The known enemies of the Dusken Glade Cell, and what they are up to (as far as the cell knows).
- Faction Missions: The missions available for PC factions.
- Discovered Rumors: Rumors discovered during the course of the campaign.
- House Rules: Alternate mechanics for the campaign
- Downtime Actions: Summary of available downtime actions.
- Downtime Record: Accumulated and spent Downtime for the campaign
Goods & Magic
- Rivals: Rivals (per the Downtime mechanic) of the group
- Heinrich Funeral Guests: The attendees of Heinrich's funeral
- The Luminaries of Twilight Vaeteru: The movers and shakers in Waterdeep's queer culture.
- House De'spri: A house of herbalists, with interests in agriculture, greenhouses, apothecary goods, and alchemy.
- House Melshimber: A house of trend-setters, with interests in sage-lore, research and information-gathering, secrets, and fine wines.
- The Popinjays: A clique of young, fashionable noblemen, all denizens of Twilight Vaeteru, who frequently conspire to throw sudden parties in unexpected places. "It's like a fireball, except with booze and music!"
- The Woodfauns: A clique of young, woodwise nobles, all with druidic sensibilities (and even some druidic gifts). They champion a "natural lifestyle" and tend to regard the very urbane as hopelessly decadent.
- The Griffins: A gang of hustlers, con artists, bookies, and illegal gambling den operators.
- Other Criminals: Other underworld figures
- The Promenade-in-Exile: The small gathering of Eililstran drow originally from the Promenade of Eilistraee in Skullport, but long since driven out by the Spellplague and its aftermath, and eager to find themselves a new home and temple.
- The Font of Knowledge: The temple to Oghma and his divine household, old allies of the Harpers, and friends of the cell for their work in recovering the remains of one of their sage skulls.
- Silversickle House, villa of House De'spri
- Wine's Wisdom Hall, villa of House Melshimber
- The Shrines of Nature, sacred parkland with shrines to Silvanus and Mielikki
- Martuin's Tower, the site of a strange attack and murder of the wizard Martuin, and now the property of his apprentice Fiirna.
Language & Writing
- Forgotten Realms Languages: A comprehensive examination of the languages of Faerun.
- Languages in the North: The most commonly spoken languages in the Savage North.
- Everyday Writings in the Realms: A look at the tools of the scrivener: parchment and ink.
- Daily Dwarf Common in the Realms: A look at some of the Dwarven slang that has entered the Common tongue.
- Drugs of the Realms: A look at the narcotics of the Realms.
- Time of Day in the Realms: How Faerunians divide up the hours of the day.