DoB: 9th day of Eleasias in the year 1332. He is currently 20 years of age. Evendur Husteem was born into the noble and ancient House Husteem. Evendur was a dutiful and scholarly child, while he did well in the martial lessons his father insisted on, he preferred the world of tomes and lore. He did exactly what he was required to and returned to his beloved boks as soon as possible.
When Evendur was 12 he was on a tour of some of the family properties, when he asked why they didn't keep them in better repair. He argued with his father that it was their obligation to provide a safe place to live. When they were returned home his father had him beaten t within an inch of his life.
From a young age Ven was fascinated with magic. He read everything he could find in the family library on it, and would incessantly pester Sundagost Fareye when he came to the family home on business. Uncle Orlpar tormented him by saying that he would tell Maaril that Ven was a girl and sell him to the Wizard as an apprentice.
He defied his family and joined the Temple of Mystra as an initiate.
- Kept in Style: While you are in Waterdeep or elsewhere in the North, your house sees to your everyday needs. Your name and signet are sufficient to cover most of your expenses; the inns, taverns, and festhalls you frequent are glad to record your debt and send an accounting to your family’s estate in Waterdeep to settle what you owe. This advantage enables you to live a comfortable lifestyle without having to pay 2 gp a day for it, or reduces the cost of a wealthy or aristocratic lifestyle by that amount. You may not maintain a less affluent lifestyle and use the difference as income, the benefit is a line of credit, not an actual monetary reward.
- Arcane Recovery: Once per day after a short rest, you may regain half your wizard level in spell levels.
- Abjuration Savant: Copying Abjuration Spells into a spell book costs half time and gold.
- Arcane Ward: When your first abjuration spell is cast gain a ward that has temporary HP equal to ((Wizard Level x2) + Int Bonus). When Abjuration spells are cast the Ward regains, spell level x2 HP.
- Projected Ward: 30' Range, Reaction. Use Ward on someone else's behalf.
- Feat(Observant): +1 to Int , Read lips, +5 to Passive Perception and +5 to Investigation,
- Feat(War Caster):
- Advantage on Constitution Saving throws to maintain concentration.
- Use somatic components when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
- When a hostile creatures movement provokes an attack of opportunity - Cast a spell.
- Feat(Resilient-Dexterity): +1 Dexterity, Proficiency with Dexterity Saving Throws.
Perception and Investigation
- Perception: +3, Passive: 18
- Investigation: +7, Passive: 22
Money: Copper 4 Silver 2 Toals: 0 Gold 228 Platinum: 1
Carried Equipment: Holy Symbol, Staff(Mage tool), Mystran Vestments, Chalk (5 pcs), Gaming Set(Cards), Javelin x4, Adventures Kit, Half Plate
Special Equipment: Component pouch (100 gp, Leather with xylopal accents), Leather boots with copper accents (40 gp, The boots have a hollow heel , discovered when handled with a Passive Perception 14), Pendant of the Vault of Sages
Material Components: Pearl(100 GP)
Attunment: 3/3 (Pearl, Helm, Tower)
- Pearl of Power: Attuned
- Helm of Teleportation: Attuned 3/3 Charges, regains 1d3 charges at dawn. Casts teleport as per the spell. Evendurs Teleport Library
- War Leader riding boots (Bearer may amplify voice to be heard up to 300 feet clearly)
Consumable Magic Items
- Scatterspray Scroll
- Potion of Healing x2
- Potion of Climbing x1
- Potion of Waterbreathing x1
- Scroll of protection from evil & good (1st)
Evendur's study has Arcane Lock cast on the door, and the entire room has been marked with the runes for Teleport Object.
Stored Equipment: Fine Clothing x2, Evendur's Journal(50 Pages, Fine Vellum), Ink(1 Bottle), Ink Pen, Parchment(10 Sheets), Studded Leather Armor(Fine, Mytran Colors, Lavah's Makers Mark), Component Pouch, Evendurs Library, Book of Gold Star Contact Information
- Silken doublet (70 GP, Robin's egg blue with a matching White silken tunic, agni mani accents),
- A small foot-and-a-half tall stylized statue depicting a thin elven warrior. The statue is crafted of sulabra. (30 gp)
- Evendur lives in the Deeds House most of the time, but still maintains his room at BlackStaff Tower. He knows he will have to give it up if Khelben ever needs the extra space.
- Income: 6.0 GP (2 GP Kept in Style + 2.0 GP House Husteem Faction + 2GP House Husteem Heir)
- Expense: 5.6 GP
- Lifestyle: Wealthy(4 GP - 1 GP for Deeds House)
- Payroll: 2.6 GP (Skilled (2GP) + Unskilled(2 SP) x3)
- # of Prepared Spells: 4 Cleric / 9 Wizard
- Magic Ability: Wisdom / Intelligence
- Saving Throw DC Total: Wisdom: 14 Intelligence: 15
- (Base DC (8+mod): 8 + Proficiency(3) + Ability)
- Message (School) - Domain
- Prestidigitation (Transmutation) - Domain
- Light (Evocation) - Weaveglow, this light is always a blueish white light.
- Guidance (School)
- Spare the Dying (School)
- Shocking grasp
- Mold Earth
Cleric Spells (4):
- Cure Wounds (V, S)- 1d8 + ability modifier
- Shield of Faith
- Guiding Bolt (V, S)- 4d6 Radiant, Targets grant advantage
- Magic Missile
- Detect Magic
Wizard Spells (10):
- 1 - Feather Fall -
- 1 - Shield (V, S) - reaction + 5 to AC
- 1 - Chromatic Orb -
- 2 - Agnazzars Scorcher -
- 2 - Blur - (V) - Attackers gain Disadvantadge to attack me, 1min concentration.
- 3 - Counterspell -
- 3 - Dispel Magic -
- 3 - Melf's Minute Meteors -
- 3 - Fireball
- Open Slot
Spells Per Day
- 1st: 4/4
- 2nd: 3/3
- 3rd: 3/3
- 4th: 1/1
Evendurs's Spellbook: The cover is made of hammered copper, with the Star of Mystra inscribed in Silver. The front page is a hand illuminated prayer of dedication to Mystra and the Art. Each page of the spellbook contains rows of neat notes and formula's, along with prayers to Mystra.
Mechanics: Quarto Spellbook(100 Pages), Metal Cover, Cover decoration
Pages used: 86/100
- Mage Cantrips: Shocking grasp(3 Pgs), Firebolt(1 Pg.), Mending (2 Pgs.)
- 1st Level Spells: Comprehend Languages (Divination, Ritual, 4 Pgs), Chormatic Orb(??, 2 Pgs), Shield (Abjuration, 2 Pgs), Thunderwave (Evocation, 2 Pgs), Alarm (Abjuration, Ritual, 4 Pgs), Identify(Divination, Ritual, 3 Pgs), Feather Fall(Transmutation, 5 Pgs), Burning Hands(Evocation, 3 pgs), Grease(Conjuration, 2 Pgs), Fog Cloud(Conjuration, 4 Pgs)
- 2nd Level Spells: Arcane Lock(Abjuration, 6 Pgs), Blur(Illusion, 6 Pgs), Agnazzars Scorcher (?, 3 Pgs), Detect Thoughts (Divination, 3 Pgs), Evendur’s Lesser Glyph (Abjuration, 4 Pgs)
- 3rd Level Spells: Sleet Storm (?, 5 Pgs), Phantom Steed (?, 7 Pgs), Counterspell (Abjuration, 4 Pgs), Fireball (Evocation, 5 Pgs), Teleport Object (?, 6 Pgs)
- Magic Item Formula: Pearl of Power (4 pgs)
Evendur's Second Folio
Evendurs's Second Folio: The cover is made of tooled leather with intertwined symbols of Mystra and Azuth. Each page of the spellbook contains rows of neat notes and formula's, along with prayers to Mystra.
Mechanics: Quarto Spellbook(100 Pages), Leather Cover, Cover decoration
Pages used: 23/100
- 3rd Level Spells: Analyze Portal(Ritual, 7 pgs), Amanuensis(Transmutation, 6 Pgs), Remove Curse(Abjuration, 5 Pages), Melf's Minute Meteors(???, 5 Pages),
Unnamed Spellbook: A standard-sized spellbook, covered in silken-soft grey leather of some kind (darkmantle leather), and set with black iron hinges and corners. It bears no title.
- Mage Cantrips: acid splash, chill touch, true strike;
- 1st Level Spells: alarm, longstrider, Tenser's floating disk;
- 2nd Level Spells: crown of madness, levitate;
- 3rd Level Spells: blink, dispel magic, glyph of warding, lightning bolt, sending.
It also has the formula for crafting both a dagger of venom (rare) and leather +1 (rare) or studded leather +1 (rare).
Library Spell Books
Hierographs of Adamandar
- The Hierographs of Adamandar: A spellbook given to Evendur by Lady Alustriel of Silverymoon.
- 1st-level: detect magic, find familiar, wardaway
- 2nd-level: Irithra's Spelltouch, magic weapon
- 3rd-level: dispel magic 4th-level: arcane eye
Three Spell Folio
- 1st-Level: Detect Life
- 2nd-Level: Mind Mantle, Poisonstar
The Aromordant Writings
- The Aromordant Writings: A tattered spellbook given to Evendur by his aunt Audyna.
- 2nd-Level: Protection from Missiles , Sunbolt
- 3rd-Level: Scintillating sphere
- Schema: Staff of Power, Javelin of Lightning
- 1st-Level: Chromatic orb
- 3rd-Level: Analyze Portal(Ritual), Melf's minute meteors
- 2nd-level: portal well, 3rd-level: spell shield, 4th-level: stars of Mystra
- 5th-level: spell phylactery, 6th-level: gate seal, spellmantle, 7th-level: holy star, 8th-level: dimensional lock
|Olin Gisir - Evendur's Familiar|
Olin Gisir is a Bat,
- Magic is a great gift that should be used to the benefit of civilization.
- Reacts with hostility to bullies.
- Necromancy is a perversion of Mystra's gift.
- Magical Curiosity - Evendur will try to do something before pausing to ask if he should do something.
- Hero Complex - Evendur has a bad tendency to think that he can save people, even form themselves.
- Mystra - Evendur is a devout follower of Mystra.
- Alyra - His older sister. She was always Evendur's ally in the family, and encouraged him to stand up to Father. They keep in active touch, and he wants her to stay safely away from the family.
- Noumea - Evendur is in love with her.
- Ahmadar - Evendur considers Ahamdar to be his best friend, even if he is a dirty Necroamncer.
Other Important Individuals
Family (House Husteem)
- Lord Orbos Husteem: Evendur's Father. A stern figure who showed Ven little in the way of love growing up.
- Orlpar Husteem: Evendur's Uncle. He has tormented Ven for most of his life. When Evendur became serious about magic, his uncle began threating to apprentice him to Maaril, once going so far as to bring a dress in Evendur's size. To be fair Evendur had a bad tendency to insult his uncle right back.
- Ilbrost Mythyl. Cleric of Mystra. Evendur's Mentor.
- Alyra Evendur's sister. She is the only one of Ven's family that the is still in regular contact with. While they were growing up they would cover for each other to prevent either one fromgetting into too much trouble with father. They are still close, and Evendur visits with her at least once a tenday.
- Audyna Husteem Evendur's Aunt. When Ven had truly angered his father, she was placed in charge of his punishment.
Skilled. Pavel is Evendur's batman. A former mercenary, Pavel was recommended to Evendur's employment by (either Naerond or ). He has never worked directly for House Husteem, having been part of the X Mercenary Company. While Pavel lacks the polish of a typical nobles Valet, he has more then made up for it with his knowledge of mercenary life, having saved Evendur from embarrassing mistakes several time while he served in the Husteem companies.
While not always up to date on current trends, Pavel has a real flair for clothing, selecting Evendur's wardrobe in a way that emphasizes his martial pursuits. Pavel himself always dresses as well as he can afford.
|Morn Dundragon, The Under Butler|
Unskilled. Morn has a very dry wit with a biting sarcastic edge to it. He has been known to claim to worship Illmater as it is a natural fit for service in the Husteem household. Morn was the member of the house staff that Evendur is most fond of, having acted as something of a mentor during his late teens in the house.
|Zora, the Cook|
Unskilled. Zora was one of the Kitchen Maids for Husteem House before Evendur hired her to be his cook. She has a real talent for cooking the simple dishes that Evendur prefers, but occasionally struggles with the fancier foods that Waterdeep society demands. She makes a Strawberry tart that is exceptional, and might just be the reason that Evendur hired her. Zora has a very reserved personality, and Evendur has been trying to get her to open up a bit now that she no longer works in the main house.
|X, The Housekeeper|
Friend and Acquaintances
An archivist at the Vault of Sages, Nouméa is an old friend of Ciro's from his days at the Vault. She came to Silverymoon as a young woman, desperate to learn magic, but too poor to afford the training from any of the magical collegia of the city. When she discovered that Vault archivists are often trained as wizards, she quickly found a way into an apprenticeship there, where she has discovered not just a talent for magic, but an affinity for the work of the archivists as well. She and Evendur spent a night of intimacy together in the High Palace of Silverymoon, before they parted ways: he to return to Waterdeep, and she to accept an offer of apprenticeship with the Magister.
Carina is a beautiful woman, with deep raven hair, and an exquisite taste in fashion. Carina is well known as one of the young rising luminaries of the social circuit. She has a sarcastic wit that she freely uses on her rivals in the Waterdeep social scene. She is the youngest sister of the house Matriarch, Kara.
Carina was romantically involved with Evendur, they had even talked about seeking their respective houses permission to make a more formal alliance. When he joined the Temple of Mystra as an initiate, and ceased to be Heir to House Husteem, she broke off their relationship. Evendur was deeply hurt by this, and believes that she was more interested in his potential position then himself.
|Ryany Wavesilver |
Ryany is Evendur's closest childhood friend. While growing up, Evendur would commonly spend as much time as he could at the Wavesilver Estate. He is now serving as a junior officer on one of his family ships. When he is back in Waterdeep he and Evendur always go out drinking at least once.
|Reso Ruldegost |
Athletic, Charismatic, and quick of wit, Reso is Carina's older brother. He is 25 years old and a member of a local adventuring company. His family expects that he will eventually settle down to the family business, after a few years of being sowing his wild oats. Evendur has always admired Reso, seeing him as a something of a hero.
Projects and/or Downtime
- Evendur is going to begin Researching Undermountain. He is looking for any information he can find on layout, dangers and history. Initially he is focusing on the upper levels, the spell weirs, and Skullport. He will use the following resources while he does so.
- He is going to start by combing Khelben's available library.
- He will then move onto the House of Wonder's Library.
- Eventually, Evendur will start going through whatever he can get access to in the basement records room in the Blackstaff tower.
- He will also talk to patron's of the Yawning Portal, in particular buying drinks for the Deep Delvers and other adventurers.
Earned: 3,620 XP Next: 6500