Mushrooms were the roses in the garden of that unseen world, because the real mushroom plant was underground. The parts you could see - what most people called a mushroom - was just a brief apparition. A cloud flower.
In this quiet, peaceful time of twilight there is, in this great circle of life, an awful lot of hunting and fishing and catching and killing and dying and eating going on all around me. As the old fisherman said, 'That's the way with life. Sometimes you eat well; sometimes you are well-eaten.
-Paul G. Quinnett
- Darkvision: I can see 60' as though normal lighting, and another 60' as dim lighting.
- Dwarven Resilience: I have advantage on saving throws against poison, and I have Resistance against poison damage.
- Dwarven Combat Training: I have proficiency with the Battleaxe, Handaxe, Light Hammer, and Warhammer.
- Tool Proficiency: I gain proficiency with brewer's tools
- Stonecunning: Whenever I make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, I am considered proficient in the History skill and add double my proficiency bonus to the check, instead of my normal proficiency bonus.
- Dwarven Toughness: My hit point maximum increases by 1, and it increases by 1 every time I gain a level.
- Druidic: I know Druidic, the secret language of druids. I can speak the language and use it to leave hidden messages. Myself and others who know this language automatically spot such a Message. Others spot the message's presence with a successful DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check but can't decipher it without magic.
- Wild Shape: I can use my action to magically assume the shape of a beast that I have seen before. I can use this feature twice. I regain expended uses when I finish a short or Long Rest. See The Player's Handbook pg 66 for more details.
- Circle of Spores (Druid Circle):
- Halo of Spores: I can launch toxic spores at other creatures. To do so I use my reaction on my turn to deal 3 poison damage to one creature I can see within 10 feet of me. This damage increases to 6 at 6th level, 9 at 10th level, and 12 at 14th.
- Symbiotic Entity: I can channel magic into the spores that infuse me. When I use my Wild Shape freature, I can awaken those spores rather than transforming. When I do so, I gain 3 temporary hit points per level I have in this class, the damage of my Halo of Spores feature doubles, and my melee weapon attacks deal an additional 1d6 poison damage to any target I hit. These benefits last for 10 minutes per druid level or until I use my Wild Shape again.
- Fungal Infestation: If I damage a humanoid or beast of small or medium size with my Halo of Spores ability, I can casue the creature to rise as a zombie at the end of my turn. It has one hit point. In combat, its turn is immediately after mine. It obeys my mental commands, and the only action it can take is the Attack action, making one melee attack. It remains animate for one hour, after which time it collapses and dies. I can create and maintain one zombie of this nature at 6th level and raises by one for every 3 levels after 6th.
- Polearm Master: I can keep my enemies at bay with reach weapons. I gain the following benefits:
- When I take the Attack action and attack with only a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff, I can use a bonus action to make a melee attack with the opposite end of the weapon. The weapon's damage die for this attack is 1d4, and the attack deals bludgeoning damage.
- While I am wielding a glaive, halberd, pike, or quarterstaff, other creatures provoke an attack from me when they enter the reach I have with that weapon.
Spell save DC: 15
Spell attack modifier: +7
- Cantrips: Chill Touch, Shillelagh, Druidcraft, Guidance
- Spell Slots
- 1st: 4
- 2nd: 3
- 3rd: 3
- 4th: 1
- Circle Spells
- My symbiotic link to fungus and my ability to tap into the cycle of life and death grants me access to certain spells. At 2nd level, I learn the chill touch cantrip. At 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th level I gain access to the spells listed for that level in the Circle of Spores table below. Once I gain access to one of these spells, I always have it prepared, and it doesn't count against the number of spells I can prepare each day. If I gain access to a spell that doesn't appear on the druid spell list, the spell is nonetheless a druid spell for me.
- Circle of Spores Spells
- 3rd gentle repose, ray of enfeeblement
- 5th animate dead, gaseous form
- 7th blight, confusion
- 9th cloudkill, contagion
- Coins: 5 cp • sp • 2 ep • 1387 gp • 0 pp • Other coins: 0 • Gems: Black Pearl (500 g)
- Mushroom Staff: I can use a bonus action to speak this staff's command word and make the mushrooms on the staff begin to writhe and begin streaming off poisonous spores for 1 minute. By using another bonus action to speak the command word again, I return the staff to its normal inanimate form. I can make a melee attack using the activated staff which has a range of 5 ft. One a hit, the target takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage and must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving through or take 3d6 poison damage. The mushrooms can be attacked while they are animate. They have an AC of 15 and 20 hit points. If the mushrooms drop to 0 hit points, the staff is destroyed. As long as it's not destroyed, the staff regains all lost hit points when it reverts to its inanimate form.
- Fungal Hat of Vermin: This hat has 3 charges. While holding the hat, I can use and action to expend 1 of its charges and speak a command word that summons my choice of a fungal bat, frog, or rat. For all intents and purposes the creature is exactly like its regular vermin counterpart, but visually it is spongy, discolored and has tiny mushrooms sprouting from its body in places. The summoned creature magically appears in the hat and tries to get away from me as quickly as possible. The creature is neither friendly nor hostile, and isn't under my control. It behaves as an ordinary creature of its kind and disappears after 1 hour or when it drops to 0 hit points. The hat regains all expended charges daily at dawn.
- Blight Bark Amulet:
- Doubles wildshape duration (or symbiotic entity duration)
- Allows casting while in animal form
- Grants Rapport Spores (myconid MM pg. 230) ability 3/day
- Rapport Spores: A 10-foot radius of spores extends from the myconid. These spores can go around corners and affect only creatures with an Intelligence of 2 or higher that aren't undead, constructs, or elementals . Affected creatures can communicate telepathically with one another while they are within 30 feet of each other. The effect lasts for 1 hour.
- Immunity to plant-based poisons
- You no longer need food and can gain sustenance in the same manner fungus does from plant/animal matter (either by just resting in it or outright eating it). Don't worry - you can still eat normal food too.
- Potion of Healing: x2. Potion heals 2d4+2 hit points.
- Greater Potion of Healing: x1. Potion heals 4d4+4 hit points.
1. Fog Cloud 1. Guiding Hand 1. Speak with Animals 1. Longstrider
- In Hand: Mushroom Staff, wooden shield
- Worn: traveler's clothes, druidic focus (wooden amulet of a stylized mushroom)
- Belt: 2 pouches
- Pouch 1: potions of healing (2), scroll case and notes, Iron Occulus
- Pouch 2: tinderbox
- Backpack: herbalism kit, mess kit, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin
- Attached: winter blanket, bedroll, 50ft of hempen rope
- Crafted 2 Greater Potions of Healing (200 gold)
- Crafted 4 level 1 scrolls (100 gold)