A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. –Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Nobility, without virtue, is a fine setting without a gem. –Jane Porter
Spells Prepared (Lvl + Int): 15/16
- Cantrips (5): frostbite, mending, message, prestidigitation, green flame blade
- Living Spellbook: dancing lights, light, mage hand, mending, message, prestidigitation, amanuensis, create item
- First Level: absorb elements, chromatic orb, shield
- Second Level: decastave, mind spike, misty step
- Third Level: counterspell, fireball, protection from energy, sending
- Fourth Level: arcane eye, elemental bane, Mordenkainen's faithful hound
- Fifth Level: conjure elemental, teleportation circle
- Sixth Level: guards and wards
- 1st: alarm, comprehend languages, detect magic, find familiar, identify, Tenser's floating disk, unseen servant
- 2nd: analyze portal, augury, moon rune
- 3rd: Leomund's tiny hut, water breathing
- 4th: divination
- 5th: contact other plane
- Spells per Day: Cantrips: 5 • 1st: 4 • 2nd: 3 • 3rd 3 • 4th: 3 • 5th: 2
- Spell Power: Saving Throw DC: 17 (18) • Spell Attack Mod: +9 (+10)
- Magic Ability: Intelligence
Spellchains are interlocking jewelled plates. Each plate is rune-scribed and set with a gem, the whole of which serves as the formula for a spell. These are linked together to form spellchains, which operate identically to spellbooks, though reading them does require a jeweler's loupe.
Those spells marked in italics are Divination spells. Those marked with a cross (+) are rituals.
- Cantrips: adept skill, frostbite, green flame blade, mage hand, mending, message, prestidigitation
- First Level: absorb elements (XGE), alarm+, catapult, chromatic orb, comprehend languages+, critical strike (EGM), detect magic+, disguise self, elemental burst (EGM), embrace destiny (EGD), feather fall, find familiar+, grease, identify+, mage armor, magic missile, nerveskitter (EGM), protection from evil and good, serpent missile, shield, sleep, speed of thought, Tasha's hideous laughter, Tenser's floating disk+, thunderwave, unseen servant+, wieldskill (EGD)
- Second Level: analyze portal+ (EGD), affinity gate (SW), arcane lock, augury+, continual flame, decastave (EGM), detect thoughts, earthbind, ebony hand, enlarge/reduce, hail of stone (EGM), invisibility, knock, levitate, locate object, magic weapon, Maximilian's earthen grasp (XGE), mind spike (XGE), mirror image, misty step, moon rune+ (EGM), Nystul's magic aura, sanguine interrogation, see invisibility
- Third Level: aegis of shielding, catnap (XGE), clairvoyance, counterspell, dispel magic, fireball, fly, glyph of warding, haste, hover, Leomund's tiny hut+, magic circle, protection from energy, redirect spell, remove curse, sending, sign of sealing, sleet storm, speak with dead, stinking cloud, thunder step, tongues, water breathing+
- Fourth Level: arcane eye, banishment, bind affinity (SW), dimension door, divination+, elemental bane, evacuate (SW), Leomund's secure chest, Mordenkainen's faithful hound, Mordenkainen's private sanctum
- Fifth Level: conjure elemental, contact other plane+, legend lore, planar binding, scrying, teleportation circle
- Sixth Level: guards and wards, scatter, true seeing
Teleportation Circle Addresses
- Malixia Palace (Public)
- Prism tower in Kal Darga
- Four teleportation circles in Gol Draga
- Eighstone Tower cellars; formerly abandoned cellar in ruins south of Malixia (town where Katrina and Jenesta got their start)
- Solari, Daltes
- Port Reynald, Victoria
- Court of the Callobraxan (College of Glamour), Miña Selba
- Tower of the Lost Ones, Hillas
- Arilir Square, subterranean village remains of 20 Kingdoms
- Malixia Spires
- Darkvision: Can see 60' as though normal lighting, and another 60' as dim lighting.
- Dwarven Resilience: Advantage on saves vs poison, and resistance against poison damage.
- Dwarven Combat Training: Proficiency with battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, warhammer.
- Stonecunning: When making an Intelligence (History) check relating to stonework, considered proficient in History and add double proficiency bonus to check.
- Dwarven Armor Training: Proficiency with light and medium armor.
- Arcane Recovery: During a short rest, recover half level in spell slots. Must take a long rest before doing it again.
- Ritual Casting: May cast a wizard spell as a ritual if it has the ritual tag and is in my spellbook.
- Spellcasting Focus: May use arcane focus.
Diviner (Arcane Tradition)
- Divination Savant: Half cost and half time for scribing divination spells.
- Portent: After a long rest, roll and record the results of 2d20 roll. May choose to replace any given d20 roll by myself or someone I can see with one of those results, using it up. Lose any unused portents when taking a long rest. Must choose to do so before the roll.
- Expert Divination: When cast a divination spell of 2nd level or higher using a spell slot, regain one expended spell slot of a level lower than the spell I cast, and can't be higher than 5th level.
- The Third Eye: You can use your action to increase your powers of perception. When you do so, choose one of the following benefits, which lasts until you are incapacitated or you take a short or long rest. You can't use the feature again until you finish a rest.
- Darkvision. You gain darkvision out to a range of 60 ft.
- Ethereal Sight. You can see into the Ethereal Plane within 60 ft of you.
- Greater Comprehension. You can read any language.
- See Invisibility. You can see invisible creatures and objects within 10 ft of you that are within line of sight.
- Respect of the Stout Folk: Given assistance and lodging by dwarven peoples.
- Starting: Int +2
- 4th Lvl: Con +1 • Int +1
- 8th Lvl: Int +2
- Boon (Fox Tattoo): Krell grants a +1 to Intelligence, and its max rating equals 22 now.
- Coins: 290 cp • 1613 sp • 8598 gp • 1063 pp • Other coins: 0
- 10gp: 1 banded agate (abj, div, ill, tran) • 1 eye agate (abj, conj, div, nec, tran) • 1 tiger's eye agate (evo, tran)
- 20gp: 1 crysoprase (conj)
- 50gp: 1 bloodstone (ill, nec) • 3 chrysoprase (con) • 3 citrine (ench, trans) • 1 moonstone (div) • 3 onyx (div, nec) • 3 zircon (abj, conj) • 3 jasper (abj, nec, trans) • 1 smoky quartz (nec) • 1 bloodstone (conj) • 1 sardonyx (ill) • 3 chalcedony (div) • 3 carnelian (ench or ill)
- 80gp: 1 white jade (div)
- 100gp: –
- 110gp: 1 white pearl (div)
- 120gp: 1 amethyst (trans)
1 black pearl (nec)
- 500gp: 2 alexandrites (conj) • 1 aquamarine (abj, conj) • 1 black pearl (nec) • 1 blue spinel (abj) • 2 peridot (conj) • 1 topaz (evo, tran) •
1 alexandrite (conj)
2 alexandrite (conj)
1 fiery yellow corondum (evo)
- 1000gp: 1 star sapphire (abj), 1 star ruby (ill)
1 blue sapphire (abj)
- In Hand: guardian staff
- Worn: traveler's clothes, amulet holy symbol of Thautam, dwarven signet ring of House Stonecaller, magical rings
- Belt: 2 pouches, component pouch, scrollcase with spellscrolls, scroll spell focus, wand-sheathe
- Pouch 1: bag of caltrops, small chalk case (10 pieces, various colors), spellgems
- Pouch 2: 2 pewter flasks of holy water, 3 pewter potion flasks, 3 uses of legend lore incense
- Backpack: bag of caltrops, 2 spare outfits of traveler's clothes, pewter tankard, set with alestones (2gp), healer's kit (10 ch), mess kit, rations (10 days), tinderbox, The Weave within the Pattern (book by Archmage Imul of the Rift), jeweler's tools
- Attached: bedroll & blanket (rolled together, hung beneath), 2 skins of ale (4 pints per skin, tied to sides)
- Various bars of iron, copper, silver, gold, platinum, various alloys, smaller amounts of mithril, arjale, starmetal, and a shard of what appears to be a sliver of Primordial Ice. Metals approx 3000gp value.
- Iron Sphere Corpse
Attunements: 3/4 (ring of protection +1, wand of lightning, Taliesin's robes)
In pewter flasks, on belt
- Potion of Greater Invisibility: x1. x
- Potion of Greater Healing: x1. x
- Potion of Healing: x1. Potion heals 2d4+2 hit points.
In pouch, on belt
- elemental burst: 1st level, tiger's eye agate
In scrollcase, on belt
- mirror image (2nd) (x3)
- evacuate (4th)
- Adamantine Half Plate Armor: A suit of half plate armor reinforced by adamantine. Critical hits against the wearer become normal hits.
- Ring of Feather Falling: Ring that causes me to fall 60' per round instead of normal falling damage.
- Ring of Protection +1: Attuned. Gain +1 AC and saves
- Spell Focus (Scroll): Double range of abjuration spells.
- Taliesin's Robes: AC 13, immunity to non-magical missiles, resistance to necrotic damage, can convert elemental type damage from spells cast to necrotic
- Guardian Staff: A dwarf-proportioned quarter staff and arcane staff focus that whispers warnings to the bearer, granting a +2 to initiative if the bearer isn't incapacitated.
In wand-sheathe, at belt
- Wand of Lightning: Attuned • 7 charges. 1 charge to cast lightning bolt at 3rd level. Increase level by 1 per charge. Regenerate 1d6+1 charges at dawn. When using last charge, 1/20 chance the wand crumbles into ashes and is destroyed.
- Wand of Magic Missiles: 7 charges. Action to use charges to cast magic missile. Level of spell equals charges expended. Regains 1d6+1 charges at dawn; if last charge is used, roll d20: on a 1, wand crumbles to ash and is destroyed.
- Fox Rune Tattoo: +1 Intelligence, change limit to 22.
- Living Spellbook: This small spell folio contains a number of cantrips scribed upon its pages. Anyone attuned to the spellbook gains access to the cantrips within. The spellbook can hover and will bob and twirl in the air when used and casts the spells for the user per their command. The spellbook also affects a permanent unseen servant spell within 60’ of its location. The book has the intelligence and mannerisms akin to that of a loyal dog. For spell casting purposes, it has a casting bonus of +6 and a spell DC of 14.
- Cantrips: dancing lights, light, mage hand, mending, message, prestidigitation, amanuensis, create item
- Master Rune of Zorune Atar:
- 1st - gain benefit of the Delver minor magical ability
- 3rd - Gain proficiency in History & Weaponsmithing. If already proficient; double the proficiency bonus
- 4th - Spend one action tracing Zorun Atar upon a weapon grants the following bonus' for eight hours:
- One weapon can be marked at a time (two at 5th level, three at 11th level and four at 17th level)
- +1 bonus to hit and weapon is considered magical (stacks w/ existing magical bonus')
- Range on thrown weapons is quadrupled
- Weapon does 1d4 additional radiant damage (stacks w/ existing magical bonus')
- 5th - as a bonus action - use the rune to create the mark of Zorun Atar upon the face of a wiling creature grants them the benefits of a barbarian's Rage class feature as though they were a barbarian of the rune-bearer's level. The marked creature must activate the ability per the usual Rage rules. Rage lasts for one minute. Can create 2 runes at a time, each lasts 8 hours or until it is expended.
- 7th - when traced upon the nails and flesh of a corpse, the rune acts as a speak with dead spell. Tracing the runes takes one minute and the effects last while you concentrate, for up to 10 minutes.
- 9th - Ritual to learn to summon Gol spirits (as a bronze horn of Valhalla) to aid and advise.
- 12th - xxx
- Raullis's Runestone: Fist-sized faceted gem focus with complicated interlacing Goltiri runes that change orientation, shape, and alignment depending on how the gem is viewed. The gem hovers about the user and acts as a spell focus. When a spell is cast, the gem’s type changes to reflect the most recent school of magic that has been used.
- The focus EITHER increases spell duration or spell range by 25% (chosen at time of casting).
- As long as you have one unspent spell slot of your highest spell level, you can maintain TWO concentration spells.
- The iris of your eyes changes to the color of your wizard specialty and the pupils become associated runes. You can see magical auras with your new funky eyes (detection only, you will still need detect magic to ID auras or further scrutinize)
- Functions as a ring of spell storing (can hold up to 5 levels worth spells) and a ring of mind shielding (protecting from mind reading, lie detection, and creature type detection).
- +1 to spell attack rolls and spell save DCs
- Craft tools out of runic energy, allowing use of Intelligence in place of other traits for crafting; may create weapons and objects from energy.
- Drawback: Slowly turning to stone. Divide hit points between flesh body and stone body. Damage is subtracted from stone body first. When physical body damage is taken for the first time, permanently subtract one point from flesh and add one to body. Flesh body hit points are healed with standard curative magics; stone body hit points are healed with mending cantrip cast with higher level spell slots.
- Brush of Appearance & Untangling: From Lach
- Censer of Summoning Smoke Elementals: Summons a smoke elemental
- Crystal memory rod: Spells and Schema are copied into the mind of the user, erasing them from the rod. The spells can then be transcribed to a scroll or spellbook, or just cast outright. The schema can be transcribed into usable schema.
- Rod 1: faerie fire, fireball • necklace of fireballs
- Rod 2: sleep, ray of sickness • wand of sleep
- Magical Wardrobe: Wardrobe allows owner to switch out with any "outfit" within it as an action. This includes the ability to immediately don armor.
- Timestar Amulet - "You have no power over me" (command phrase)
- Staff of Infernos: x
- Trump of Tirista Moonsinger
- Common (CR 1 - 3)
- hat of vermin (x)
- Uncommon (CR 4 - 8)
- amulet of proof against detection (heart of a fae fetch; blood of a cowled hiklos; claw of a rakshasa)
- bag of holding (ethereal matter from an ethereal creature or undead)
- hat of vermin (x)
- headband of intellect (central cortex of an intellect devourer brood mother; brain stem from any wizard capable of casting 3rd level spells; brain stem from a mind flayer; gem from a green slaad's brain)
- immovable rod (x)
- pearl of power (dark idol of a cloaker cult; a hag slain while actively invading a victim's dream; core from an Antarian artifact)
- ring of mind shielding (x)
- Rare (CR 9 - 12)
- cube of force (x)
- figurine of wondrous power (onyx dog) (internal crystalling structure of a defensive arcane pillor; sacrifice a dog you love)
- gem of seeing (left eye of a sphinx or lamassu; right eye of a valkyrie; one eye from each head of a two-headed eagle, found on the west coast of Manix; voidling core - often drawn to Guild mages, haunting the Dark Infinity around them, making their magic problematic and unstable; they sometimes squeeze into the material plane when their magic goes awry and the Cubes malfunction)
- ioun stone (reserve) (arcanaloth's spell focus; blood from a wizard)
- necklace of fireballs (x)
- portable hole (x)
- ring of feather falling (primary feather from a celestial or infernal flying creature + primary feather from a prime material flying creature + three scales from a flying dragon)
- ring of spell storing (chip from a shissar spire; heart of a powerful sorcerer or spellcasting dragon/kin)
- Very Rare (CR 13 - 18)
- Legendary (CR 19+)
- cubic gate (x)
- isolated Hagen-coil mana inversion bomb (incomplete)
- D'ni linking books (x)
- Function as scrolls, except they are runes engraved onto gems with Jeweller's Tools.
|Level||Cost & Time (Normal)||Cost & Time (Enchantment Room)|
|Cantrip||1 day, 15gp||1 day, 12gp|
|1st Level||1 day, 25 gp||1 day, 19 gp|
|2nd Level||3 days, 250 gp||2 days, 188 gp|
|3rd Level||1 week, 500g||8 days, 375gp|
|4th Level||2 weeks, 2500gp||15 days, 1875gp|
|5th Level||4 weeks, 5000gp||3 weeks, 3750gp|
|6th Level||8 weeks, 15,000gp||6 weeks, 11,250gp|
|7th Level||16 weeks, 25,000gp||12 weeks, 18,750gp|
|8th Level||32 weeks, 50,000gp||24 weeks, 37,500gp|
|9th Level||48 weeks, 250,000gp||36 weeks, 187,500gp|
Colors by School
|School (Color)||10gp||50 gp||100gp||500gp||1000gp||5000pg|
|Abjuration (blue)||azurite, banded agate, blue quartz, eye agate, lapis lazuli, turquoise||jasper, zircon||tourmaline||aquamarine, blue spinel||blue sapphire, opal, star sapphire||diamond|
|Conjuration (green)||eye agate, malachite, turquoise||crysoprase, zircon||chrysoberyl, garnet, jade, spinel, tourmaline||alexandrite, aquamarine, peridot||black opal, emerald, opal||x|
|Divination (white or clear)||banded agate, eye agate||chalcedony, moonstone, onyx, quartz, sardonyx, star rose quartz||jade, pearl||x||star ruby, star sapphire||diamond|
|Enchantment (orange)||moss agate||carnelian, citrine||amber||x||x||x|
|Evocation (yellow or golden)||moss agate, tiger eye||quartz||amber, chrysoberyl, pearl||topaz||black opal, opal, hellow sapphire||diamond|
|Illusion (red or pink)||banded agate, moss agate, rhodochrosite||bloodstone, carnelian, sardonyx, star rose quartz||coral, garnet, pearl, spinel, tourmaline||x||fire opal, star ruby||diamond, jacinth, ruby|
|Necromancy (black or grey)||eye agate, hematite, obsidian||bloodstone, jasper, onyx, quartz||jet||black pearl||black opal||black sapphire|
|Transmutation (brown or purple)||banded agate, eye agate, tiger eye||carnelian, citrine, jasper||amber, amethyst, garnet, spinel, tourmaline||topaz||x||diamond|
- Modest: (1 gp/day). Hjolman lives in his own room in the small Nakaltian Scriptorum, a small house granted to the Nakaltian delegation, a space rapidly becoming a library, scriptorum, and workshop.
Invest in raw ores to craft gems, costing half final gem cost in raw materials. Perform 10gp of personal work per day towards completing task.
- x: Materials: xxx • Time: x days • Final Value: x gp
- x: Materials: xxx • Time: x days • Final Value: x
- x: Materials: xxx • Time: x days • Final Value: x
Invest in materials (which can include gem values of gems used), costing half final art object cost.
- Blue Sapphire Brooch: Materials: Sapphire (1100gp) + 1950gp materials • Work: 28 days • Final Value: 5000gp
- Yellow Conundrum Silver Ring: Materials: Yellow condundrum (900gp) + 550gp materials • Work: 8 days • Final Value: 2000gp
- Alexandrite Black Gold Ring: Materials: Alexandrite (600gp) + 700gp materials • Work: 10 days • Final Value: 2000gp
- Alexandrite Black Gold Ring: Materials: Alexandrite (600gp) + 700gp materials • Work: 10 days • Final Value: 2000gp
- Black Pearl Gold Ring: Materials: Black pearl (400gp) + 400gp materials • Work: 6 days • Final Value: 1200gp
- xxx: x/x lores.
Magic Item Crafting Projects
- Cube of Force: Materials: 750 gp + Katrinium • Time: 3/37 days
- x: Materials: xxx • Time: x days
- Family: Hjolman is the son of a hraung tria tsrogin (a "three ring working," or marriage wherein three are joined rather than two).
- His Mama Gamella was always rather distant, emotionally, but showed her love by sharing her craft, and taking an interest in his when he was old enough.
- His Papa Barkur was the warm, affectionate one, who made their home comfortable and safe; he was also the best cook in the house. He is also a deft hand with the dagger and axe, from his adventuring days.
- His Papa Morgath was the disciplinarian but also the educator, teaching him an appreciation for history and the written word, and finding him a good place once his magical aptitude came to the fore.
- His younger sister Eudmil is an acolyte in the Great Temple in Gol Dragga, in service to Moradin as our Granny Rodena's apprentice. Since becoming an adult, she's obsessed with finding Hjolman a boyfriend.
- Rumora Golemwright: Ugh. The literal worst.
One of the frulnur (literally, "gembeast" or "gem drakes" in Goltiri) that seem to find their way into gem mines the way rats find their way into food stores, Ulsukh answered when Hjolman cast find familiar.
- Personality Traits: Shiny or glittering things will always draw my attention. • Coins are no good for a proper hoard, but piles of them or pouches full of them do make good napping places.
- Bonds: "Hjolman is a beloved companion for whom I would gladly give my life...or even a part of my hoard!" • "Naps are extremely important; everyone knows proper dragons sleep all the time."
- Ideals: Ambition. I wish to have the greatest hoard the world has ever seen! Big dragons have big hoards, you know, so the bigger the hoard, the bigger of a dragon you get to be!
- Flaws: Hoarding Instinct. This is part of my hoard! So is this! This thing is, too – well, the shiny thing, not that ugly thing, you can have that.
- Actions: Takes actions on wizard's initiative.
- Proficiency Bonus: Uses wizard's Proficiency bonus.
- Add Proficiency bonus to AC, damage
- Gain proficiency in two Skills
- Gain proficiency in all Saves.
- Leveling: Each level after 3rd, gains an additional hit die, increasing hit points accordingly.
- When wizard gains Ability Score Improvement, companion gains it as well.
- Personality: Familiar shares wizard's alignment, plus has a personality trait and flaw specific to it.
- Familiar shares wizard's ideals.
- Familiar has the bond: "The wizard who travels with me is a beloved companion for whom I would gladly give my life."
Familiar + Wizard Abilities
- Communicate telepathically with wizard within 100'.
- As an action, master can see through familiar eyes and hear through its ears (during which time the wizard is deaf and blind).
- As an action, master can cause familiar to disappear into a pocket dimension, and resummon it as an action to an area within 30'.
- Familiar can deliver a touch spell cast by the wizard, if familiar is within 100', and it can use its reaction to make an attack roll to deliver it.
- Delver: While underground, the bearer always knows the item's depth beneath the surface and direction to the nearest staircase, ramp, or other path leading upward.
- Detect Earth: Can detect earth elemental gateways and other "soft" places.
- Earth Glide: Ability to earth glide like an earth elemental
3rd level rogue (arcane trickster)
- Proficiencies: Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, thieves' tools
- Skills: Athletics, Deception, Insight, Investigation
- Expertise: Stealth, Sleight of Hand
- Sneak Attack: 2d6
- Cunning Action: Perform these actions as a bonus action: Control mage hand, Dash, Disengage, Hide
- Spellcasting: DC 12 • +6 to attack
- Cantrips: mage hand, minor illusion, mold earth
- 1st level: illusory script, silent image, Tasha's hideous laughter
- Spell Slots: 1st 2
- Mage Hand Legerdemain: When casting mage hand, hand is invisible, and can perform the following tasks. May perform one task without being noticed by using Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) vs Wisdom (Perception) check.
- May stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.
- May retreive an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
- Can use thieves tools to pick locks and disarm traps at range.
Untagged spells are from the PHB; untagged magic items are from the DMG.
Other Tags: Elminster's Guide to Divination (EGD) • Elminster's Guide to Magic (EGM) • Xanathar's Guide to Everything (XGE)
- Cantrips: create item (EGM), dancing lights, far hearing (EGD), mending, mold earth (XGE), prestidigitation, project object (EGM)
- 1st Level: catapult (XGE), fist of stone (EGM), vigilant slumber (Other)
- 2nd Level: blur, compose mind (Other), earthbind (XGE), gentle repose, Melf's acid arrow, rope trick, sanguine interrogation (Other)
- 3rd Level: enduring scrutiny (Other), erupting earth (XGE), fireball, hailstones (EGM), Melf's minute meteors (XGE), remove curse, stony grasp (EGM)
- 4th Level: banishment, elemental bane (XGE), Otiluke's suppressing field (Other)
- 5th Level: animate objects, Bigby's hand, cone of cold, conjure elemental, earth reaver (EGM), echo skull (EGD), far step (XGE), hornet shot (EGM), legend lore, lesser ironguard (EGM), planar binding, pocket cave (EGM), prismatic ray (EGM), Rary's telepathic bond, servant army (EGM), shadow form (EGM), stone body (EGM), wall of force, wall of light (XGE), wall of stone, xorn movement (EGM)
- Common: x
- Uncommon: elemental gem (earth), gem of brightness, periapt of wound closure, ring of mind shielding, stone of good luck, wand of magic detection
- Rare: gem of seeing, ioun stone (awareness), stone of controlling earth elementals, wand of enemy detection
135 years old
- Born to Morgath Stonecaller and Barkur Redforge and Gamella Threehammer.
- Morgath Stonecaller (taad ald hrud, or "first father"). A scion of the noble House Stonecaller, and a wizard of some modest ability, Papa Morgath sits on the Nobles' Council for Gol Dragga. His great aunt (and thus my great-great-aunt) is Lady Stonecaller.
- Barkur Redforge (taad ald tva, or "second father"). The son of Rodena Redforge, the High Priestess of Moradin and Slayer of Wraith. Grew up in Gol Dragga.
- Gamella Threehammer (maamr, or "mother"). An incredible finesmith (worker in precious metals), Gamella is a bit of a workaholic, preferring to focus on her arts. She is loving but not particularly domestic, considering the bearing of Hjolman and his sister Eudmil to be her contribution to the familial unit, largely leaving their rearing to Morgath and Barkur.
- Morgath and Barkur grew up together in Gol Dragga, exploring the tunnels around it as young men as part of an adventuring company called the Sons of Gol Dragga. They were friends first and then lovers, eventually being joined in marriage by Barkur's mother, Rodena.
- After Morgath lost a leg to an umber hulk attack, Morgath and Barkur retired from the Sons. Morgath took his father's seat on the Council of the Blooded, the nobles' council in Gol Dragga, while Barkur was apprenticed to Master Lhundar Threehammer, the finest gemwright in the city.
- While apprenticed to Master Threehammer, he met Gamella, and the two of them found their styles very complementary (although she found his work ethic somewhat lacking). They fell in love while working together on their journeyman pieces.
- Barkur introduced Gamella and Morgath, and while they did not fall in love, they are fast friends, with Gamella sharing Morgath's love of find hard liquors, which Barkur cannot stomach. She joined into their marriage (a hraung tria, or "three ring" union among the dwarves) after she and Barkur were both masters in their respective crafts.
- Grew up in Gol Dragga.
- 65 years old: Ended up an apprentice to his Granpa Lhundar, who taught him gemworking.
- 98 years old: Became a journeyman lapidary.
- 109 years old: Accidentally crafted a spellgem while he was cutting a peridot. Though the rune within the gem was flawed, it was brought to the attention of the Prism. In short order, he was convinced to come and study magic at the Prism. Met and was friends with Rumora for a short time, until she decided that he wasn't noble enough for her taste (possibly with some peer pressure from other nobles she knew).
- 112 years old: Took a break from his magical studies to return to Gol Dragga and finish his masterwork piece (his spellchain) and become an acknowledged master lapidary.
- 120 years old: Summoned his familiar, Uslukh, and became a journeyman wizard. He was then allowed to leave the Prism and go home to Gol Dragga to be apprenticed to his Papa Morgath in further magical studies.
- 126 years old: Joined the (still existant) Sons of Gol Dragga adventuring company, getting some skill at using his magic in dangerous situations. Rumora Golemwright, part of a rival adventuring company (Force Deepingcrown, made up entirely of nobles) reappears in his life as a rival who proves herself to basically be the very worst person he's ever had the displeasure of meeting.
- 128 years old: In an old set of lore storehouses near Gol Dragga, discovers some references to powerful runic artifacts, speaking of the letters of the Goltiri alphabet as though they were actual individual items. Begins to research these further.
- 130 years old: Continues his research, eventually discovering that the Goltiri people – before they split into multiple dwarven peoples – may have been guardians of powerful artifacts: runestones, in the shape of each of the dwarven runes that make up the Goltiri alphabet. They've been lost to the world for a great while, though.
- 133 years old: Finally runs out of research resources in the Prism and throughout Nakaltia, but correspondence with hill dwarves reveals that they may very well have some lore relating to the runestones.
- Seeks to possibly uncover that, continues correspondence, learning that there may be more clues in the ancient hill dwarven sites within the Tholgrin Mountains, but they are inaccessible at the time.
- 134 years old: Discovers that the hill dwarves have agreed to aid in the reclamation of Malixia City, and in return New Malixia will offer the hill dwarves their aid in exploring the old Tholgrin ruins.
- Hjolman petitions the Prism to support an expedition from Nakaltia to aid in this. He is turned down at the hearing.
- However, the next day, he is informed that the expedition is going ahead, and to report to the expedition's leader, Rumora Golemwright. His rage is UNENDING, but his desire to see this through is greater.
- Arriving in the Malixian docks a few months after they were taken, the delegation is given a sizeable dwelling among the recaptured buildings (although Rumora, being too good to live among the commoners, takes one of the most expensive suites at the newly established inn).
- While there, meets Lavinia Pennywash, who suggests that the runestones he's interested in are incredibly powerful artifacts that should be sequestered away from the world. He pretends to agree, and she recruits him into the Independant Society of Antiquaries. Despite his horror at the egregious misspelling in the group's name, he joins, intending on keeping the runestones out of the ISA's hands and returning them to the dwarves.
- Start of Campaign: Hjolman has been in Malixia, aiding with the efforts and working with the ISA for half a year at this point.
- Starting Stats: 15, 15, 12, 11, 10, 8 (9 + 9 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 0)
- Starting Coin: 520gp (400gp + 120gp)
- Gear (172gp, 9sp): jeweler's tools (25gp), backpack (2gp), bedroll (1gp), blanket (5sp), caltrops (40 total, 2gp), chalk (10 total, 1sp), traveler's clothes (3 outfits, 6gp), component pouch (25gp), fine pewter tankard, set with alestones (2gp), healer's kit (5gp), holy symbol of Thautam (5gp, amulet), 2 flasks holy water (50gp), mess kit (2sp), 2 pouches (1gp), 10 days rations (5gp), signet ring of House Stonecaller (5gp), spellchain, tinderbox (5sp), waterskin (2sp), ale (gallon, 2sp), raw lapidary materials (50gp)
- Spells (275gp): critical strike (25gp, 1st level divination, EGM), elemental burst (50gp, 1st level evocation, EGM), decastave (100gp, 2nd level conjuration, EGM), hail of stone (100gp, 2nd level conjuration, EGM)