Rumors & Tendencies
There are a variety of local rumors about Mortimer:
Intrigue & Combat
- Intrigue Defense: 10 (4 Awareness + 2 Cunning + 3 Status +1 Lifestyle)
- Composure: 6 (Will Ranks x3)
- Combat Defense: 14 (12 in Breastplate or 8 in Plate armor) (Agility + Athletics + Awareness + Defensive Bonus - Armor Penalty)
- Health: 12 (Endurance Ranks x3)
- Armor: Full Plate (AR 10, AP -6, Bulk 3)
- Armor: Breastplate (AR 5, AP -2, Bulk 3)
- Warhammer (Castle Forged): Test 7D+4B+1, Damage 6, Keywords: Bulk 1, Powerful, Shattering 2/3 (Bludgeon Fighter I), Slow, Two-Handed
- Warlance (Castle Forged): Test 6D+1, Damage 10, Keywords: Bulk 2, Impale, Mounted, Powerful, Slow, Vicious
- Tourney Lance: Test 6D+1, Damage 9, Keywords: Bulk 1, Fragile, Mounted, Powerful, Reach, Slow
Destiny & Qualities
- Destiny Points: 2
- Tourney Knight: Whenever you joust, you may add the number of bonus dice from the Tournaments specialty to your Fighting test result and to your passive Animal Handling result to stay in the saddle.
- Bludgeon Fighter I: Your bludgeoning assault batters down your opponent’s defenses. Increase the Shattering rating of any bludgeoning weapon you wield by +1. If the weapon doesn’t have the Shattering quality, it instead gains it at 1.
- Expertise (Bludgeons): Choose one specialty. Whenever you test the ability to perform an action related to that specialty, you gain +1D. This benefit does not apply to passive results.
- Social Tactician: Ser Mortimer's experience on the battlefield has given him a keen understanding of tactical advantages, which he has learned to apply to social interactions. He may add 1/2 of his Fighting to all Persuasion Results.
- Hafted Defense: Ser Mortimer has learned to use the great size of his warhammer defensively. Bludgeon weapons in his hands gain the Defensive 2 Quality, and he retains this even when attacking.
- Smallfolk Hero: Ser Mortimer is a Hero to the Smallfolk in the domains of the Deltario and their Bannermen. Whenever he engages in an Intrigue against a Character whose Status is 3 or less he increases the Base Influence he does with all techniques by 1. This benefit has no affect against Characters whose Status is 4 or more.
- Flaw (Deception): Transparent. When you gain this drawback, select a single ability. You take –1D on all tests involving this ability. For how these flaws might manifest in your character, see the following chart. When calculating your passive test result with this ability, you treat your ability as being 1 point lower. For example, if you have Perception 4 and the Flaw (Awareness) drawback, your passive Awareness result would by 12 ([4 − 1] x 4). You also reduce any derived characteristics (such as Intrigue Defense or weapon damage) by 1.
- Honor-Bound: Whenever you test Deception, you must reroll any die result of a 6 and take the second roll.
- Forgetful: Whenever you test Cunning, you must re-roll any die result of a 6 and take the second roll.
Possessions and Coin
Coin: 76GD (need initial expenditures)
Possessions: Full plate armor, tourney lance, castle-forged warhammer, castle-forged warlance, destrier (with full plate barding)
Please list three to five goals for your character. These can be goals the character has, or your goals for your character as a player. Please mark them as (Character) or (Player) as appropriate.
Spent: 160xp; Unspent: 0xp