Difference between revisions of "Scamallach"
|Line 286:||Line 286:|
*Spell Slot Level 4
*Spell Slot Level 4
*Agonizing Blast Invocation
*Agonizing Blast Invocation
Revision as of 09:06, 16 February 2019
I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone…
Some of us aren't meant to belong. Some of us have to turn the world upside down and shake the hell out of it until we make our own place in it.
Scamallach can't remember anything about his life prior to ten years ago. He woke up is a destroyed wizards laboratory to hear a quiet, breathy voice stating "The bargain is struck and the pact is sealed." Standing over him was a large Fey-hound who spoke in a much clearer voice, "I'm Connor, your familiar. We need to get out of here now." With Connor's help he fled the smoking and burning tower and fled into the forests surrounding the city of Zalcoryn, eventually leaving the cursed isle into the wild forests of Zalcoryn.
After spending small periods of time in the villages of the poor residents of the countryside of Zalcoryn, Lach eventually made his way south into the country of Nakaltia, hoping to find out more about who he was before the explosion. He knew how to survive, and was actually proficient in a number of languages, but he had no memory of how he learned them. He hoped that he might find someone in Nakaltia who might know who he was, but the dwarves there only shook their heads in pity. They pointed out that he was a half-dwarf, an unfortunate lineage. He tried to fit in there, but the dwarves never really accepted him, so he moved on.
He eventually traveled to Valexys and settled into a relatively peaceful life in Marr Alma and was actually beginning to fell like he belonged somewhere when his unknown past caught up with him. Apparently the wizard who's lab he escaped from still considered him their property, and had been hunting for him. It was at that time that he found out about the mark on his neck. He had an invisible wizard sigil on the left side of my neck, only visible by detect magic, signifying he is the creation/property of that wizard. The hunters were not gentle in their search, and many of Lach's new friends were interrogated and hurt in their search for him. He had to flee. He traveled east and eventually hid in the swamps of Dontholl Mex. He lingered there for a few years, wandering from village to village, never staying anywhere too long, but long enough to learn from the people there. Always heading further east he crossed the northern part of Katrica without incident and into Daltes.
In Daltes he discovered the mostly dwarven settlement of Gamden and decided to try his luck with dwarves again. Fortunately the dwarves of Gamden had a much more open minded outlook on half-dwarves and accepted them into their community. It was there that he learned of the plans to take back Malixia, and he saw it as the perfect opportunity to start over. An unsettled city, a new community with no modern history. So he signed up and was with the first group that made the initial attack to take back Malixia. He has been here from the beginning of the campaign and most people know who he is and what he is capable of. No one looks at him oddly and he has a small amount of respect from the people of New Malixia.
- Agonizing Blast
- Prerequisite: eldritch blast cantrip
- When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.
- Beguiling Influence
- You gain proficiency in the Deception and Persuasion skills.
- Mask of Many Faces
- You can cast disguise self at will, without expending a spell slot.
- Voice of the Chain Master
- Prerequisite: Pact of the Chain feature
- You can communicate telepathically with your familiar and perceive through your familiar’s senses as long as you are on the same plane of existence. Additionally, while perceiving through your familiar’s senses, you can also speak through your familiar in your own voice, even if your familiar is normally incapable of speech.
Spell save DC: 16(17¹)
Spell attack modifier: +7(+8¹)
¹Rod of the Pact Keeper values
|Cantrips Known||Spells Known||Spell Slots||Slot Level|
- Known Spells
- Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Friends, Prestidigitation
- 1st Level: Armor of Agathys, Arms of Hadar, Hex
- 2nd Level: Mirror Image, Suggestion
- 3rd Level: Celebration, Hunger of Hadar
- 4th Level: Banishment
|Connor - Fey Hound Familiar
- Hjolman Stonecaller - Met when I came to Nakaltia and join up with Gol Dragga. Joined the Sons of Gol Dragga, where I met him. I noticed that he was strongly in support of the sentient golems not being property. Also aided me when he was cursed by an item, identifying the item to spot the curse, and taking me to his grandmother to have it removed. When wizards came looking for me, distracted them, sending them on a wild goose chase, then helped me to escape hidden on the trains.
- Kailon Vandil - Kailon tried to break into my house for shelter, and then started complaining about not feeling right. I tried to help him diagnose his condition, offering unguent, salves, potions, elixirs, poultice and herbs to chew on. After determining that Kailon didn't have a medical issue that he could help with, and after Kailon calming down and repeating that he needed to find his god, Lach escorted Kailon to the makeshift temple district. He feels sympathy for Kailon, knowing what it's like to not know who and where you are.
- Granny Toadstool -
- Tsabar -
- Xenophon -
- Joral Wodal - Runs the cartography shop, I help him update the maps of Malixia and the surrounding regions (including updates to the sections of the sewer system and storm drain system I am aware of).
When Joral first arrived in Malixia with his maps and charts in tow, he had thought to verify their veracity and accuracy himself. He was verifying his maps of the Flood region when he got set upon by a vengeful pack of goblins. I happened to be in the area looking for a secure area to stay and came to his rescue, helped tend his wounds and then got him back into town. I stayed with him a couple days, making sure he was on the mend and extracting a promise from him that he'd let adventurers or even me verify his maps for him. Over the past six months we have developed a strong friendship, and he is probably one of the only people I would defend with my life.
- Lavinia Pennywash - Bitchy woman who is ungrateful for my volunteered assistance.
Lavinia had approached Lach recently to discuss a new assignment when she let drop that she knew about the mark on my neck and what it represented. Then she continued on as if she hadn't just made an enemy of me.
- Martinique Lotukari Moonsinger - Martinique was a young lady who I encountered in Valexyz while I was fleeing from Marr Alma. I had stopped in a village market to pick up a few supplies before heading off road to begin my trek to Dontholl Mex when she suddenly appeared at my side, even startling Connor. "You have been tracked here by your pursuers and they will arrive within the hour, you must leave before then. When you get to Dontholl Mex, go to the village of Taren and ask for Nevram. Tell him Martinique Moonsinger sent you to get protection from prying eyes, he'll understand." And with that she disappeared into the crowd, never giving me a change to ask anything about her, or how she knew me and where I was planning on going. When I did eventually get to Dontholl Mex I stopped in the village of Taren and followed her instructions out of curiosity, it turned out Nevram had been given an amulet for me to have, for a price. (How I got the Amulet of Proof Against Detection or Location).
Hero Points: 8
Downtime & Projects
Magic Item Crafting
Level 3 -> 4
- 6 HP
- Diplomat feat taken
- Cantrips known 2->3
- Spells known 4->5
Level 4 -> 5
- Proficiency bonus +3
- 8 HP
- Spells Known 5->6
- Spell Slot Level 3
- Hunger of Hadar
- Voice of the Chain Master Invocation
Level 5 -> 6
- 5 HP
- Spells Known 6->7
- Patron Ability
- Misty Escape
- Spell Slot Level 3
Level 6 -> 7
- 7 HP
- Spells Known 7->8
- Spell Slot Level 4
- Swap Armor of Agathys for Hellish Rebuke
- Agonizing Blast Invocation