I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone…
Some of us aren't meant to belong. Some of us have to turn the world upside down and shake the hell out of it until we make our own place in it.
Scamallach can't remember anything about his life prior to ten years ago. He woke up is a destroyed wizards laboratory to hear a quiet, breathy voice stating "The bargain is struck and the pact is sealed." Standing over him was a large Fey-hound who spoke in a much clearer voice, "I'm Connor, your familiar. We need to get out of here now." With Connor's help he fled the smoking and burning tower and fled into the forests surrounding the city of Zalcoryn, eventually leaving the cursed isle into the wild forests of Zalcoryn.
After spending small periods of time in the villages of the poor residents of the countryside of Zalcoryn, Lach eventually made his way south into the country of Nakaltia, hoping to find out more about who he was before the explosion. He knew how to survive, and was actually proficient in a number of languages, but he had no memory of how he learned them. He hoped that he might find someone in Nakaltia who might know who he was, but the dwarves there only shook their heads in pity. They pointed out that he was a half-dwarf, an unfortunate lineage. He tried to fit in there, but the dwarves never really accepted him, so he moved on.
He eventually traveled to Valexys and settled into a relatively peaceful life in Marr Alma and was actually beginning to fell like he belonged somewhere when his unknown past caught up with him. Apparently the wizard who's lab he escaped from still considered him their property, and had been hunting for him. It was at that time that he found out about the mark on his neck. He had an invisible wizard sigil on the left side of my neck, only visible by detect magic, signifying he is the creation/property of that wizard. The hunters were not gentle in their search, and many of Lach's new friends were interrogated and hurt in their search for him. He had to flee. He traveled east and eventually hid in the swamps of Dontholl Mex. He lingered there for a few years, wandering from village to village, never staying anywhere too long, but long enough to learn from the people there. Always heading further east he crossed the northern part of Katrica without incident and into Daltes.
In Daltes he discovered the mostly dwarven settlement of Gamden and decided to try his luck with dwarves again. Fortunately the dwarves of Gamden had a much more open minded outlook on half-dwarves and accepted them into their community. It was there that he learned of the plans to take back Malixia, and he saw it as the perfect opportunity to start over. An unsettled city, a new community with no modern history. So he signed up and was with the first group that made the initial attack to take back Malixia. He has been here from the beginning of the campaign and most people know who he is and what he is capable of. No one looks at him oddly and he has a small amount of respect from the people of New Malixia.
- Expanded Spell List
- The Archfey lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
- Archfey Expanded Spells
- 1st faerie fire, sleep
- 2nd calm emotions, phantasmal force
- 3rd blink, plant growth
- 4th dominate beast, greater invisibility
- 5th dominate person, seeming
- Fey Presence
- Starting at 1st level, your patron bestows upon you the ability to project the beguiling and fearsome presence of the fey. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn.
- Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Outlander (Modified)
- Skill Proficiencies: Medicine, Survival
- Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit
- Languages: One of your choice
- Feature: Wanderer
- You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
- Beguiling Influence
- You gain proficiency in the Deception and Persuasion skills.
- Mask of Many Faces
- You can cast disguise self at will, without expending a spell slot.
Spell save DC: 14(15¹)
Spell attack modifier: +6(+7¹)
¹Rod of the Pact Keeper values
|Cantrips Known||Spells Known||Spell Slots||Slot Level|
- Known Spells
- Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Friends
- 1st Level: Armor of Agathys, Arms of Hadar
- 2nd Level: Mirror Image, Suggestion
|Connor - Fey Hound Familiar
- Joral Wodal - Runs the cartography shop, I help him update the maps of Malixia and the surrounding regions (including updates to the sections of the sewer system and storm drain system I am aware of).
- Lavinia Pennywash - Bitchy woman who is ungrateful for my volunteered assistance.
- 152 GP
- Component Pouch
- Light Hammer (emergency back-up weapon)
- Explorer's Pack
- Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50ft of hempen rope
- Map case
Various herbal remedies, potions, and unguents.
Cured meats, hearty vegetables
Paraphernalia of "the Crazy Dwarf Hermit"
- Comfortable (Survival)
- Pact Keeper's Rod +1 (Rod, uncommon, requires attunement by a Warlock)
- While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells.
- In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.
- Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location (Wondrous item, uncommon, requires attunement)
- While wearing this amulet, you are hidden from divination magic. You can’t be targeted by such magic or perceived through magical scrying sensors.
- Tankard Of Sobriety (Wondrous item, common)
- This tankard has a stern face sculpted into one side. You can drink ale, wine , or any other nonmagical alcoholic beverage poured into it without becoming inebriated. The tankard has no effect on magical liquids or harmful substances such as poison.
- Potion of Healing x 2
Hero Points: 6