|Race: Half Dwarf, Class: Warlock Pact of the Chain 7|
Background: Wanderer (Outlander modified), Alignment: Neutral
Patron Deity: Muamman Duathal, Fenmarel Mestarine (Don't judge me)
|Strength 8 (-1), Dexterity 10 (-), Constitution 13 (+1);|
Intelligence 14 (+2), Wisdom 14 (+2), Charisma 20 (+5)
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Survival (WIS), Medicine (WIS), Decpetion (CHR), Persuasion* (CHR), Intimidation (CHR), Insight (WIS)
Tools: Herbalism kit
Languages: Astridir (Sylvan for Threxantra), Goltiri (Dwarven), Threxantran (Common for Threxantra), Tianne (mages, artificers, scholars, sages, and sphinxes), Thollir (Swamp Elves),
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons
|Darkvision 60', Advantage on Poison and Charm tests, Racial cantrip Thaumaturgy, Feature: Wanderer, Patron: Queen of Air and Darkness (Archfey), Pact Magic, Invocations & Foci, Pact of the Chain boon, Fey Presence|
Invocations: Beguiling Influence, Mask of Many Faces, Voice of the Chain Master, Agonizing Blast
|Initial: Charisma +2, Diplomat
|Attacks: •Light Hammer: +2, 1d4-1 bludgeoning, light, thrown (range 20/60)|
Armor Class: 12 (studded leather), Initiative: +0, Speed: 30
Hit Points: 53, Hit Dice: 7D8
|Personality Traits: Lach is constantly looking for a place to belong. He always feels like an outsider in any situation he's in. He is friendly with most people, but never reveals much about himself at all. He is adept at evading personal inquiries and steering the conversation in different direction. He has the wonder and curiosity of a child, but somehow has the knowledge of a much older person. His memories prior to the past 10 years feel like someone else's.|
Ideals: Personal Freedom.
Bonds: Conrad is a living embodiment of my Bond to my Patron, he is also my only real friend for the past 10 years. Subjects of magical/alchemical experiments.
Flaws: I have an inherent distrust of wizards, artificers, and alchemists. Any attempts on their part to befriend me are met with coldness to the point of violence. Not to say I would never befriend one, but it would take a lot of effort on their part to gain my trust.
I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone…
Some of us aren't meant to belong. Some of us have to turn the world upside down and shake the hell out of it until we make our own place in it.
Scamallach can't remember anything about his life prior to ten years ago. He woke up is a destroyed wizards laboratory to hear a quiet, breathy voice stating "The bargain is struck and the pact is sealed." Standing over him was a large Fey-hound who spoke in a much clearer voice, "I'm Connor, your familiar. We need to get out of here now." With Connor's help he fled the smoking and burning tower and fled into the forests surrounding the city of Zalcoryn, eventually leaving the cursed isle into the wild forests of Zalcoryn.
After spending small periods of time in the villages of the poor residents of the countryside of Zalcoryn, Lach eventually made his way south into the country of Nakaltia, hoping to find out more about who he was before the explosion. He knew how to survive, and was actually proficient in a number of languages, but he had no memory of how he learned them. He hoped that he might find someone in Nakaltia who might know who he was, but the dwarves there only shook their heads in pity. They pointed out that he was a half-dwarf, an unfortunate lineage. He tried to fit in there, but the dwarves never really accepted him, so he moved on.
He eventually traveled to Valexys and settled into a relatively peaceful life in Marr Alma and was actually beginning to fell like he belonged somewhere when his unknown past caught up with him. Apparently the wizard who's lab he escaped from still considered him their property, and had been hunting for him. It was at that time that he found out about the mark on his neck. He had an invisible wizard sigil on the left side of my neck, only visible by detect magic, signifying he is the creation/property of that wizard. The hunters were not gentle in their search, and many of Lach's new friends were interrogated and hurt in their search for him. He had to flee. He traveled east and eventually hid in the swamps of Dontholl Mex. He lingered there for a few years, wandering from village to village, never staying anywhere too long, but long enough to learn from the people there. Always heading further east he crossed the northern part of Katrica without incident and into Daltes.
In Daltes he discovered the mostly dwarven settlement of Gamden and decided to try his luck with dwarves again. Fortunately the dwarves of Gamden had a much more open minded outlook on half-dwarves and accepted them into their community. It was there that he learned of the plans to take back Malixia, and he saw it as the perfect opportunity to start over. An unsettled city, a new community with no modern history. So he signed up and was with the first group that made the initial attack to take back Malixia. He has been here from the beginning of the campaign and most people know who he is and what he is capable of. No one looks at him oddly and he has a small amount of respect from the people of New Malixia.
- Darkvision 60'
- I can see 60' as though normal lighting, and another 60' as dim lighting.
- Advantage on Poison and Charm tests
- I have advantage on saving throws against poison and Charm
- Racial cantrip Thaumaturgy
- I can cast the cantrip Thaumaturgy in addition to my known cantrips
- Expanded Spell List
- The Archfey lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
- Archfey Expanded Spells
- 1st faerie fire, sleep
- 2nd calm emotions, phantasmal force
- 3rd blink, plant growth
- 4th dominate beast, greater invisibility
- 5th dominate person, seeming
- Fey Presence
- Starting at 1st level, your patron bestows upon you the ability to project the beguiling and fearsome presence of the fey. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn.
- Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Misty Escape
- Starting at 6th level, you can vanish in a puff of mist in response to harm. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to turn invisible and teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. You remain invisible until the start of your next turn or until you attack or cast a spell.
- Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- You master the arts of diplomacy, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill. If you are already proficient in this skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.
- Outlander (Modified)
- Skill Proficiencies: Medicine, Survival
- Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit
- Languages: One of your choice
- Feature: Wanderer
- You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
- Agonizing Blast
- Prerequisite: eldritch blast cantrip
- When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.
- Beguiling Influence
- You gain proficiency in the Deception and Persuasion skills.
- Mask of Many Faces
- You can cast disguise self at will, without expending a spell slot.
- Voice of the Chain Master
- Prerequisite: Pact of the Chain feature
- You can communicate telepathically with your familiar and perceive through your familiar’s senses as long as you are on the same plane of existence. Additionally, while perceiving through your familiar’s senses, you can also speak through your familiar in your own voice, even if your familiar is normally incapable of speech.
Spell save DC: 16(17¹)
Spell attack modifier: +7(+8¹)
¹Rod of the Pact Keeper values
Spells Known/Spell Slots
- Known Spells
- Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Friends, Prestidigitation
- 1st Level: Armor of Agathys, Arms of Hadar, Hex
- 2nd Level: Mirror Image, Suggestion
- 3rd Level: Celebration, Hunger of Hadar
- 4th Level: Banishment
||Connor - Fey Hound Familiar
- Medium fey
- Level 5
- AC: 16 (Natural Armor 13 + Proficiency bonus)
- HP: 72 (2d8 +2)
- Hit Dice: 10d8
- Speed: 40 ft.
- Abilities and Skills
- Str 12 (+1), Dex 17 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 10 (0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 6 (-2)
- Skills: Perception (WIS) +4, Stealth (DEX) +6, Survival (WIS) +4, History (INT) +3
- Languages : Astridir, Threxantran, Tianne, Misantil
- Keen Hearing and Smell. The wolf has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
- Pack Tactics. The wolf has advantage on attack rolls against a creature if at least one of the wolf’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.
- Sense Fairy Gates and Thin places. Improve overland travel by 25%
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d4 + 3 piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Teleport (Recharge 4–6) The dog magically teleports, along with any equipment it is wearing or carrying, up to 40 feet to an unoccupied space it can see. Before or after teleporting, the dog can make one bite attack.
- Hjolman Stonecaller - Met when I came to Nakaltia and join up with Gol Dragga. Joined the Sons of Gol Dragga, where I met him. I noticed that he was strongly in support of the sentient golems not being property. Also aided me when he was cursed by an item, identifying the item to spot the curse, and taking me to his grandmother to have it removed. When wizards came looking for me, distracted them, sending them on a wild goose chase, then helped me to escape hidden on the trains.
- Kailon Vandil - Kailon tried to break into my house for shelter, and then started complaining about not feeling right. I tried to help him diagnose his condition, offering unguent, salves, potions, elixirs, poultice and herbs to chew on. After determining that Kailon didn't have a medical issue that he could help with, and after Kailon calming down and repeating that he needed to find his god, Lach escorted Kailon to the makeshift temple district. He feels sympathy for Kailon, knowing what it's like to not know who and where you are.
- Granny Toadstool -
- Tsabar -
- Xenophon -
- Joral Wodal - Runs the cartography shop, I help him update the maps of Malixia and the surrounding regions (including updates to the sections of the sewer system and storm drain system I am aware of).
When Joral first arrived in Malixia with his maps and charts in tow, he had thought to verify their veracity and accuracy himself. He was verifying his maps of the Flood region when he got set upon by a vengeful pack of goblins. I happened to be in the area looking for a secure area to stay and came to his rescue, helped tend his wounds and then got him back into town. I stayed with him a couple days, making sure he was on the mend and extracting a promise from him that he'd let adventurers or even me verify his maps for him. Over the past six months we have developed a strong friendship, and he is probably one of the only people I would defend with my life.
- Lavinia Pennywash - Bitchy woman who is ungrateful for my volunteered assistance.
Lavinia had approached Lach recently to discuss a new assignment when she let drop that she knew about the mark on my neck and what it represented. Then she continued on as if she hadn't just made an enemy of me.
- Martinique Lotukari Moonsinger - Martinique was a young lady who I encountered in Valexyz while I was fleeing from Marr Alma. I had stopped in a village market to pick up a few supplies before heading off road to begin my trek to Dontholl Mex when she suddenly appeared at my side, even startling Connor. "You have been tracked here by your pursuers and they will arrive within the hour, you must leave before then. When you get to Dontholl Mex, go to the village of Taren and ask for Nevram. Tell him Martinique Moonsinger sent you to get protection from prying eyes, he'll understand." And with that she disappeared into the crowd, never giving me a change to ask anything about her, or how she knew me and where I was planning on going. When I did eventually get to Dontholl Mex I stopped in the village of Taren and followed her instructions out of curiosity, it turned out Nevram had been given an amulet for me to have, for a price. (How I got the Amulet of Proof Against Detection or Location).
- Component Pouch
- Light Hammer (emergency back-up weapon)
- Explorer's Pack
- Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50ft of hempen rope
- Map case
- Signet Ring (Not enchanted...yet)
Various herbal remedies, potions, and unguents.
Cured meats, hearty vegetables
Paraphernalia of "The Floods Witch"
Black Pearl (500gp)
- Comfortable (Survival)
- He is "the Swamp Witch" as extra income
- Pact Keeper's Rod +1 (Rod, uncommon, requires attunement by a Warlock)
- While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells.
- In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.
- Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location (Wondrous item, uncommon, requires attunement)
- While wearing this amulet, you are hidden from divination magic. You can’t be targeted by such magic or perceived through magical scrying sensors.
- Bracers of Defense 16 (Wondrous item, rare, requires attunement)
- While wearing these bracers, you have an AC of 16. No effect if the wearer's AC is already 16 or above.
- Greystaff - Siocán socrú (Gift from Raullis)
- You can ride the staff as if it were a broom of flying
- While someone else may use the broom if you instruct it to let them, your commands will always override that of others
- Add your charisma bonus to your eldritch blast as damage (this stacks with the Agonizing Blast invocation)
- While holding the staff, you may choose for your eldritch blast to do cold damage instead; if your target is hit, their speed is reduced by 10' per beam that hit them until the start of your next turn
- You may cast Snilloc's Snowball Swarm (3/day)
- The staff also grants Ice Walk - you can move across and climb ice surfaces without needing to make an ability check. Additionally, difficult terrain composed of ice or snow doesn't cost extra movement.
- Tankard Of Sobriety (Wondrous item, common)
- This tankard has a stern face sculpted into one side. You can drink ale, wine , or any other nonmagical alcoholic beverage poured into it without becoming inebriated. The tankard has no effect on magical liquids or harmful substances such as poison.
- Potion of Healing x 0
Hero Points: 8
Downtime & Projects
- 20/80 days toward leaning Cartographer's Tools, paid 160GP.
- Floods Witch income 1 work week. 20 GP earned
Magic Item Crafting
- Brush of Appearance and Untangling: Materials: 50 gp • Time: 10 days • Final Value: 100 gp
- Single Use Brush of Appearance and Untangling: Materials: 25 gp • Time: 5 days • Final Value: 50 gp
- x: Materials: xxx • Time: x days • Final Value: x
Level 3 -> 4
- 6 HP
- Diplomat feat taken
- Cantrips known 2->3
- Spells known 4->5
Level 4 -> 5
- Proficiency bonus +3
- 8 HP
- Spells Known 5->6
- Spell Slot Level 3
- Voice of the Chain Master Invocation
Level 5 -> 6
- 5 HP
- Spells Known 6->7
- Patron Ability
- Spell Slot Level 3
Level 6 -> 7
- 7 HP
- Spells Known 7->8
- Spell Slot Level 4
- Swap Armor of Agathys for Hellish Rebuke
- Agonizing Blast Invocation