|Race: Half Dwarf, Class: Warlock Pact of the Chain 12|
Background: Wanderer (Outlander modified), Alignment: Neutral
Patron Deity: Muamman Duathal, Fenmarel Mestarine (Don't judge me)
|Strength 8 (-1), Dexterity 10 (-), Constitution 13 (+1);|
Intelligence 15 (+2), Wisdom 14 (+2), Charisma 21 (+5)
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Skills: Arcana (INT), Survival (WIS), Medicine (WIS), Decpetion (CHR), Persuasion* (CHR), Intimidation (CHR), Insight (WIS)
Tools: Herbalism kit, Cartographer's tools
Languages: Astridir (Sylvan for Threxantra), Goltiri (Dwarven), Threxantran (Common for Threxantra), Tianne (mages, artificers, scholars, sages, and sphinxes), Thollir (Swamp Elves),
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons
|Darkvision 60', Advantage on Poison and Charm tests, Racial cantrip Thaumaturgy, Feature: Wanderer, Patron: Queen of Air and Darkness (Archfey), Pact Magic, Invocations & Foci, Pact of the Chain boon, Fey Presence|
Invocations: Beguiling Influence, Mask of Many Faces, Voice of the Chain Master, Agonizing Blast
|Initial: Charisma +2, Diplomat, Arcanist
|Attacks: •Light Hammer: +3, 1d4-1 bludgeoning, light, thrown (range 20/60)|
Armor Class: 12 (studded leather) (16 Bracers of Defense), Initiative: +0, Speed: 30
Hit Points: 87, Hit Dice: 12D8
|Personality Traits: Lach is constantly looking for a place to belong. He always feels like an outsider in any situation he's in. He is friendly with most people, but never reveals much about himself at all. He is adept at evading personal inquiries and steering the conversation in different direction. He has the wonder and curiosity of a child, but somehow has the knowledge of a much older person. His memories prior to the past 10 years feel like someone else's.|
Ideals: Personal Freedom.
Bonds: Conrad is a living embodiment of my Bond to my Patron, he is also my only real friend for the past 10 years. Subjects of magical/alchemical experiments.
Flaws: I have an inherent distrust of wizards, artificers, and alchemists. Any attempts on their part to befriend me are met with coldness to the point of violence. Not to say I would never befriend one, but it would take a lot of effort on their part to gain my trust.
I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone…
Some of us aren't meant to belong. Some of us have to turn the world upside down and shake the hell out of it until we make our own place in it.
Scamallach can't remember anything about his life prior to ten years ago. He woke up is a destroyed wizards laboratory to hear a quiet, breathy voice stating "The bargain is struck and the pact is sealed." Standing over him was a large Fey-hound who spoke in a much clearer voice, "I'm Connor, your familiar. We need to get out of here now." With Connor's help he fled the smoking and burning tower and fled into the forests surrounding the city of Zalcoryn, eventually leaving the cursed isle into the wild forests of Zalcoryn.
After spending small periods of time in the villages of the poor residents of the countryside of Zalcoryn, Lach eventually made his way south into the country of Nakaltia, hoping to find out more about who he was before the explosion. He knew how to survive, and was actually proficient in a number of languages, but he had no memory of how he learned them. He hoped that he might find someone in Nakaltia who might know who he was, but the dwarves there only shook their heads in pity. They pointed out that he was a half-dwarf, an unfortunate lineage. He tried to fit in there, but the dwarves never really accepted him, so he moved on.
He eventually traveled to Valexys and settled into a relatively peaceful life in Marr Alma and was actually beginning to fell like he belonged somewhere when his unknown past caught up with him. Apparently the wizard who's lab he escaped from still considered him their property, and had been hunting for him. It was at that time that he found out about the mark on his neck. He had an invisible wizard sigil on the left side of my neck, only visible by detect magic, signifying he is the creation/property of that wizard. The hunters were not gentle in their search, and many of Lach's new friends were interrogated and hurt in their search for him. He had to flee. He traveled east and eventually hid in the swamps of Dontholl Mex. He lingered there for a few years, wandering from village to village, never staying anywhere too long, but long enough to learn from the people there. Always heading further east he crossed the northern part of Katrica without incident and into Daltes.
In Daltes he discovered the mostly dwarven settlement of Gamden and decided to try his luck with dwarves again. Fortunately the dwarves of Gamden had a much more open minded outlook on half-dwarves and accepted them into their community. It was there that he learned of the plans to take back Malixia, and he saw it as the perfect opportunity to start over. An unsettled city, a new community with no modern history. So he signed up and was with the first group that made the initial attack to take back Malixia. He has been here from the beginning of the campaign and most people know who he is and what he is capable of. No one looks at him oddly and he has a small amount of respect from the people of New Malixia.
- Darkvision 60'
- I can see 60' as though normal lighting, and another 60' as dim lighting.
- Advantage on Poison and Charm tests
- I have advantage on saving throws against poison and Charm
- Racial cantrip Thaumaturgy
- I can cast the cantrip Thaumaturgy in addition to my known cantrips
- Otherworldly Patron - Archfey
- Pact Magic
- Eldritch Invocations
- Pact Boon
- Pact of the Chain
- You learn the find familiar spell and can cast it as a ritual. The spell doesn’t count against your number of spells known.
- Mystic Arcanum
- At 11th level, your patron bestows upon you a magical secret called an arcanum. Choose one 6th-level spell from the warlock spell list as this arcanum.
- You can cast your arcanum spell once without expending a spell slot. You must finish a long rest before you can do so again.
- Expanded Spell List
- The Archfey lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.
- Archfey Expanded Spells
- 1st faerie fire, sleep
- 2nd calm emotions, phantasmal force
- 3rd blink, plant growth
- 4th dominate beast, greater invisibility
- 5th dominate person, seeming
- Fey Presence
- Starting at 1st level, your patron bestows upon you the ability to project the beguiling and fearsome presence of the fey. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn.
- Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Misty Escape
- Starting at 6th level, you can vanish in a puff of mist in response to harm. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to turn invisible and teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. You remain invisible until the start of your next turn or until you attack or cast a spell.
- Once you use this feature, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
- Beguiling Defenses
- Beginning at 10th level, your patron teaches you how to turn the mind-affecting magic of your enemies against them. You are immune to being charmed, and when another creature attempts to charm you, you can use your reaction to attempt to turn the charm back on that creature. The creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC or be charmed by you for 1 minute or until the creature takes any damage.
- You master the arts of diplomacy, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase your Charisma score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill. If you are already proficient in this skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
- If you spend 1 minute talking to someone who can understand what you say, you can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Insight) check. If you or your companions are fighting the creature, your check automatically fails. If your check succeeds, the target is charmed by you as long as it remains within 60 feet of you and for 1 minute thereafter.
- You study the arcane arts, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency in the Arcana skill. If you are already proficient in the skill, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with it.
- You learn the prestidigitation and detect magic spells. You can cast detect magic once without expending a spell slot, and you regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest.
- Metamagic Adept
- Prerequisite: Spellcasting or Pact Magic feature
- You’ve learned how to exert your will on your spells to alter how they function. You gain the following benefits
- You learn two Metamagic options of your choice from the sorcerer class. You can use only one Metamagic option on a spell when you cast it, unless the option says otherwise. Whenever you gain a level, you can replace one of your Metamagic options with another one from the sorcerer class.
- You gain 2 sorcery points to spend on Metamagic (these points are added to any sorcery points you have from another source but can be used only on Metamagic). You regain all spent sorcery points when you finish a long rest.
- 2 Sorcery Points
- Careful Spell
- When you cast a spell that forces other creatures to make a saving throw, you can protect some of those creatures from the spell’s full force. To do so, you spend 1 sorcery point and choose a number of those creatures up to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one creature). A chosen creature automatically succeeds on its saving throw against the spell.
- Subtle Spell
- When you cast a spell, you can spend 1 sorcery point to cast it without any somatic or verbal components.
- Outlander (Modified)
- Skill Proficiencies: Medicine, Survival
- Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism Kit
- Languages: One of your choice
- Feature: Wanderer
- You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
- Agonizing Blast
- Prerequisite: eldritch blast cantrip
- When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.
- Beguiling Influence
- You gain proficiency in the Deception and Persuasion skills.
- Mask of Many Faces
- You can cast disguise self at will, without expending a spell slot.
- Voice of the Chain Master
- Prerequisite: Pact of the Chain feature
- You can communicate telepathically with your familiar and perceive through your familiar’s senses as long as you are on the same plane of existence. Additionally, while perceiving through your familiar’s senses, you can also speak through your familiar in your own voice, even if your familiar is normally incapable of speech.
- Gift Of The Ever-Living Ones
- Prerequisite: Pact of the Chain feature
- Whenever you regain hit points while your familiar is within 100 feet of you, treat any dice rolled to determine the hit points you regain as having rolled their maximum value for you.
- Aspect Of The Moon - Granted by Greystaff
- Prerequisite: Pact of the Tome feature
- You no longer need to sleep and can’t be forced to sleep by any means. To gain the benefits of a long rest, you can spend all 8 hours doing light activity, such as reading your Book of Shadows and keeping watch.
- Eyes of the Rune Keeper
- You can read all writing.
Spell save DC: 17(19¹)
Spell attack modifier: +9(+11¹)
¹Rod of the Pact Keeper values
Spells Known/Spell Slots
- Known Spells
- Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Friends, Frostbite, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation (Arcanist Feat)
- 1st Level: Abyssal Rebuke, Detect Magic (Once per long rest without expending a spell slot - Feat), Disguise Self (At will, no spell slot - Invocation), Hex
- 2nd Level: Mirror Image, Suggestion
- 3rd Level: Celebration, Hunger of Hadar
- 4th Level: Banishment, Elemental Bane, Greater Invisibility
- 5th Level: Seeming
- Racial: Thaumaturgy
- Mystic Arcanum 6th:
||Connor - Fey Hound Familiar
- Medium fey
- Level 9 - Level 3 Ranger: Gloomstalker
- AC: 17 (Natural Armor 13 + Proficiency bonus)
- HP: 87(1d8 +1)
- Hit Dice: 9d8
- Speed: 40 ft.
- Abilities and Skills
- Str 12 (+1), Dex 19 (+4), Con 12 (+1), Int 10 (0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 6 (-2)
- Skills: Perception (WIS) +5, Stealth (DEX) +8, Survival (WIS) +5, History (INT) +4
- Languages : Astridir, Threxantran, Tianne, Misantil, R'ylehian
- Spellcasting Modifier and DC : +5 modifier / Spell save DC 13 (Wisdom)
- Keen Hearing and Smell. The wolf has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.
- Pack Tactics. The wolf has advantage on attack rolls against a creature if at least one of the wolf’s allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated.
- Sense Fairy Gates and Thin places. Improve overland travel by 25%
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2d4 + 4 piercing damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 13 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Teleport (Recharge 4–6) The dog magically teleports, along with any equipment it is wearing or carrying, up to 40 feet to an unoccupied space it can see. Before or after teleporting, the dog can make one bite attack.
- Quirk from learning R'ylehian
- Must always circle 3 times winder shins before sitting or lying down.
- Favored Enemy - Abberants (R'ylehian)
- You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
- When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.
- Natural Explorer - Wetlands
- When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in.
- While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:
- • Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.
- • Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
- • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
- • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
- • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
- • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
- Fighting Style - Druidic Warrior
- You learn two cantrips of your choice from the druid spell list. They count as druid spells for you, and Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for them. Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of these cantrips with another cantrip from the druid spell list.
- Spellcasting - Wisdom is spellcasting stat
- Spell Versatility
- Whenever you finish a long rest, you can replace one spell you learned from this Spellcasting feature with another spell from the ranger spell list. The new spell must be the same level as the spell you replace.
- Spellcasting Focus
- You can use a druidic focus as a spellcasting focus for your ranger spells.
- Primal Awareness
- You can focus your awareness through the interconnections of nature: you learn additional spells when you reach certain levels in this class if you don’t already know them, as shown in the Primal Awareness Spells table. These spells don’t count against the number of ranger spells you know.
- 3rd detect magic, speak with animals
- You can cast each of these spells once without expending a spell slot. Once you cast a spell in this way, you can’t do so again until you finish a long rest.
- Gloomstalker Conclave
- Gloomstalker Magic
- You learn an additional spell when you reach certain levels in this class, as shown in the Gloom Stalker Spells table. The spell counts as a ranger spell for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of ranger spells you know.
- 3rd disguise self
- Dread Ambusher
- You master the art of the ambush. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier.
At the start of your first turn of each combat, your walking speed increases by 10 feet , which lasts until the end of that turn. If you take the Attack action on that turn, you can make one additional weapon attack as part of that action. If that attack hits, the target takes an extra ld8 damage of the weapon’s damage type.
- Umbral Sight
- At 3rd level, you gain darkvision out to a range of 60 feet.
- You are also adept at evading creatures that rely on darkvision. While in darkness, you are invisible to any creature that relies on darkvision to see you in that darkness.
Spell save DC: 13
Spell attack modifier: +5
Spells Known/Spell Slots
||1st Level Spells
- Known Spells
- Cantrips- Primal savagery, Shape water
- 1st Level- Absorb Elements, Disguise Self, Hunter's Mark, Zephyr Strike
- Once per long rest- Detect Magic, Speak with Animals
- Hjolman Stonecaller - Met when I came to Nakaltia and join up with Gol Dragga. Joined the Sons of Gol Dragga, where I met him. I noticed that he was strongly in support of the sentient golems not being property. Also aided me when he was cursed by an item, identifying the item to spot the curse, and taking me to his grandmother to have it removed. When wizards came looking for me, distracted them, sending them on a wild goose chase, then helped me to escape hidden on the trains.
- Kailon Vandil - Kailon tried to break into my house for shelter, and then started complaining about not feeling right. I tried to help him diagnose his condition, offering unguent, salves, potions, elixirs, poultice and herbs to chew on. After determining that Kailon didn't have a medical issue that he could help with, and after Kailon calming down and repeating that he needed to find his god, Lach escorted Kailon to the makeshift temple district. He feels sympathy for Kailon, knowing what it's like to not know who and where you are.
- Granny Toadstool -
- Tsabar -
- Xenophon -
- Joral Wodal - Runs the cartography shop, I help him update the maps of Malixia and the surrounding regions (including updates to the sections of the sewer system and storm drain system I am aware of).
When Joral first arrived in Malixia with his maps and charts in tow, he had thought to verify their veracity and accuracy himself. He was verifying his maps of the Flood region when he got set upon by a vengeful pack of goblins. I happened to be in the area looking for a secure area to stay and came to his rescue, helped tend his wounds and then got him back into town. I stayed with him a couple days, making sure he was on the mend and extracting a promise from him that he'd let adventurers or even me verify his maps for him. Over the past six months we have developed a strong friendship, and he is probably one of the only people I would defend with my life.
- Lavinia Pennywash - Bitchy woman who is ungrateful for my volunteered assistance.
- Martinique Lotukari Moonsinger - Martinique was a young lady who I encountered in Valexyz while I was fleeing from Marr Alma. I had stopped in a village market to pick up a few supplies before heading off road to begin my trek to Dontholl Mex when she suddenly appeared at my side, even startling Connor. "You have been tracked here by your pursuers and they will arrive within the hour, you must leave before then. When you get to Dontholl Mex, go to the village of Taren and ask for Nevram. Tell him Martinique Moonsinger sent you to get protection from prying eyes, he'll understand." And with that she disappeared into the crowd, never giving me a change to ask anything about her, or how she knew me and where I was planning on going. When I did eventually get to Dontholl Mex I stopped in the village of Taren and followed her instructions out of curiosity, it turned out Nevram had been given an amulet for me to have, for a price. (How I got the Amulet of Proof Against Detection or Location).
- Component Pouch
- Light Hammer (emergency back-up weapon)
- Explorer's Pack
- Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50ft of hempen rope
- Map case
- Signet Ring (Not enchanted...yet)
- Eagle Tattoo - Charisma +1, Charisma cap increased to 22.
Various herbal remedies, potions, and unguents.
Cured meats, hearty vegetables
Paraphernalia of "The Floods Witch"
Black Pearl (500gp)
- Comfortable (Survival)
- He is "the Swamp Witch" as extra income
- Pact Keeper's Rod +2 (Rod, uncommon, requires attunement by a Warlock) - Merged with Greystaff for attunement
- Clear crystal rod with black onyx and lapis lazuli in a watery pattern
- While holding this rod, you gain a bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells.
- In addition, you can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the rod. You can't use this property again until you finish a long rest.
- Counts as a Ring of Spell Storing
- Allows telepathic communication with any fae within sight
- Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location (Wondrous item, uncommon, requires attunement)
- While wearing this amulet, you are hidden from divination magic. You can’t be targeted by such magic or perceived through magical scrying sensors.
- Bracers of Defense 16 (Wondrous item, rare, requires attunement)
- While wearing these bracers, you have an AC of 16. No effect if the wearer's AC is already 16 or above.
- Eel Hound Cloak (Wonderous Item, Rare)
- This blue-green cloak is made of cured eel hound hide. As an action, you can command the cloak to transform you into an eel hound for up to 1 hour. The transformation otherwise functions as the polymorph self(2e) spell, but you can use a bonus action to revert to your normal form.
- In addition, the cloak grants an attuned wearer the ability to communicate with eel hounds as if they share a common language.
- Greystaff - Siocán socrú (Gift from Raullis)
- You can ride the staff as if it were a broom of flying
- While someone else may use the broom if you instruct it to let them, your commands will always override that of others
- Add your charisma bonus to your eldritch blast as damage (this stacks with the Agonizing Blast invocation)
- While holding the staff, you may choose for your eldritch blast to do cold damage instead; if your target is hit, their speed is reduced by 10' per beam that hit them until the start of your next turn
- You may cast Snilloc's Snowball Swarm (3/day)
- The staff also grants Ice Walk - you can move across and climb ice surfaces without needing to make an ability check. Additionally, difficult terrain composed of ice or snow doesn't cost extra movement.
- Quirk - Mortal food provides no sustenance to me
- Gain 1 additional invocation (may come from any pact)
- At any point when your or Connor take damage, you may use a Reaction to either heal Connor using your hit dice or for Connor to heal you using his own. You may spend as many hit dice as necessary. This function works so long as you are both on the same plane/timeline and/or from within the Mirror.
- If you roll a natural 20 on a spell saving throw against a spell in which you are the target, you may choose to rebound the spell upon the caster.
- May use an action to use reflections to step in/out of the Mirror
- Robe of Owls (Wondrous Item, rare - requires attunement)
- A robe of owls is a stylish silk garment that is embroidered with grey feathered patterns of four owls.
- As a bonus action on your turn, you can transform one of the robe’s owls into a giant owl. The owl instantly flies from the robe, into an unoccupied space next to you, and acts on your initiative count. The owl can tell friendly creatures from hostile ones and attacks the latter. The owl disappears merges back into the robe after 1 hour, when it drops to 0 hit points, or when you dismiss it (no action required).
- While wearing this robe you may cast Feather Fall at will.
- Tankard Of Sobriety (Wondrous item, common)
- This tankard has a stern face sculpted into one side. You can drink ale, wine , or any other nonmagical alcoholic beverage poured into it without becoming inebriated. The tankard has no effect on magical liquids or harmful substances such as poison.
- Potion of Healing x 0
Hero Points: 8
Downtime & Projects
- 20/80 days toward leaning Cartographer's Tools, paid 160GP.
- Floods Witch income 1 work week. 20 GP earned
Magic Item Crafting
- Brush of Appearance and Untangling: Materials: 50 gp • Time: 10 days • Final Value: 100 gp
- Single Use Brush of Appearance and Untangling: Materials: 25 gp • Time: 5 days • Final Value: 50 gp
- x: Materials: xxx • Time: x days • Final Value: x
Level 3 -> 4
- 6 HP
- Diplomat feat taken
- Cantrips known 2->3
- Spells known 4->5
Level 4 -> 5
- Proficiency bonus +3
- 8 HP
- Spells Known 5->6
- Spell Slot Level 3
- Voice of the Chain Master Invocation
Level 5 -> 6
- 5 HP
- Spells Known 6->7
- Patron Ability
- Spell Slot Level 3
Level 6 -> 7
- 7 HP
- Spells Known 7->8
- Spell Slot Level 4
- Swap Armor of Agathys for Hellish Rebuke
- Agonizing Blast Invocation
Level 7 -> 8
- 6 HP
- Arcanist feat taken
- Replace Prestidigitation with Frostbite in known Cantrips
- Spells Known 8->9
Level 8 -> 9
- 8 HP
- Spells Known 9->10
- Spell Slot Level 5
- Gift of the Ever-Living Ones Invocation
Level 9 -> 10
- 7 HP
- Cantrips Known 3->4
- Beguiling Defenses
Level 10 -> 11
- 7 HP
- Spells Known 10 -> 11
- Spell Slots 2 -> 3
- Mystic Arcanum 6th level
Level 11 -> 12
- 6 HP
- Feat Gained: Metamagic Adept
- Eyes of the Rune Keeper Invocation