Difference between revisions of "Twilight Stirring"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
===The Stone Horns===
===The Stone Horns===
Revision as of 22:09, 24 June 2019
The world is waking from its Dream. But here, on the wooded edge of the world, the Dream is never far, a colorful haze on the day's horizon or lights splayed across the night sky. It reveals new wonders as stretches of land rouse from their slumber, just as the black wadi, with their bounty of herbs and fungus, awoke some fifty springs ago. The Dream even deposited the gobeol village Bright Ridge here, washed away from distant mountains and flowing with silver and jewels.
But the Dream never lies easy, as ravening creatures glimpsed in nightmare emerge from its promise as well. The folk of these lands understand that with possibility comes terror, and they guard against Dream-born danger even as they rejoice at the discovery of new awakenings.
Only the wise wonder why the Dream once gave the world the beauty of the gael and the precociousness of the gobeol but now births only monsters. Were the Dreaming folk a rare gift, or is the Dream disturbed into malevolence? Can such questions even be asked of the Dream? In the end, they can only advise to safeguard the waking when nightmares burst into day.
- Sapeya, played by Joe
- Delzin, played by Jeff
- Enlil-Bani, played by Burt
- Lorelei, played by Violet
- Balaam, played by Adam
The Stone Horns
The Stone Horns range the eastern reaches of this region, near to the Dream and Bright Ridge. They are known as fierce warriors for combating monsters from the Dream, and their name originated from one such fight. Their range is rich in a variety of mushrooms as well as wild game, and they are known for preserved preparations of both. One of their members, Balaam is one of the few trained blacksmiths in the area.
- Koal-Bani: Although a proficient hunter, Koal-Bani is best known for his cooking; many consider him to have mastered the intense flavors abundant in the black wadi.
- Lelha: One of the great hunters of the band, thanks to her deep empathy with the beasts of the Stone Horns' range.
The Gobeol of Bright Ridge
- Pilik: One of the first of the Bright Ridge gobeol to spend much time among the ocaithe, he early on sought aid in learning survival in the unfamiliar woods. He is a personable and adventurous fellow comfortable away from his workshop, unlike many of the others, in part because he is a woodworker who appreciates the plethora of material the forest has to offer. Indeed, he is a fine bowyer and fletcher, but his passions lay in wood adornments and instruments.
Pilik has dull yellow skin, rich nut brown hair and beard with a very long and pointy nose and chin.
- Qual: Just leaving childhood, Qual only began accompanying Pilik on his hunting excursions and forays among the ocaithe this past spring. Her very keen senses mark her as a promising hunter, and she has taken to the task with relish. However, she is still uneasy being away from Bright Ridge for long periods, leading her to be gruff at times among other folk. She is learning to tan hides from her kills and has already produced some acceptable armor and clothing while practicing the craft.
Qual is a hairless gobeol with purple-toned skin. Her large ears are pointed and floppy, and the irises of her eyes are large and nearly pitch black.
- Balaghan: A peach-skinned gobeol with rich, blushing pink hair. His face is rather round and his features small, and his fingers and hands are quite long and spindly. He is a potter known for the quality of his finishes and glazing.
- Keri: Tall for a gobeol, Keri is a lemon-colored man tinged with green at the tips of his ears, fingers, and nose. He is a cook fond of aggressively spiced dishes who specializes in cheese and wild game sausage.
The Moth's Promenade
- The Futrhei
The Stone Horns' Range
- The Narrows