|Rotation Period||25 standard hours|
|Orbital Period||378 local days|
|Atmosphere||Type I (breatheable)|
|Primary Terrain||Ocean, savanna, mountain, grassland, steppes|
|Native Species||Dantari (endangered)|
• Dantari 100%
|Major Cities||Garang (ruined capital); various other ruins|
|Astrogation||Minor Route: Located on a minor hyperspace route, do not modify astrogation checks to plan a course to or from Dantooine.|
Dantooine has seen a long history of settlements over the millenia. In many ways, it's the perpetual "perfect colony world" - unsettled, with a good atmosphere and rich soil in its ocher plains and thorny-trunked trees. The world is difficult to reach, however, relying on Myto's Arrow, a backwater loop that links the Raioballo sector with other out-of-the-way locales.
Dantooine is currently in a "low cycle" of population. Only the native Dantari tribes lay claim to any of its surface, hunting the ample game of the world amid its wide plains and in the artificial jungles that occur when an ecosystem reclaims one of its many ancient cities. There are even the remains of a Jedi Academy, from millenia ago in the Old Republic, though it has been stripped of anything worth taking, and painstakingly holo-mapped; quite frankly, it's easier to explore its halls in the Jedi Archive on Coruscant than it is to actually get to the system to do so.
- Ruined Jedi Enclave: This ancient enclave building served as a headquarters for a portion of the Jedi Order in the days of the Old Republic, housing Jedi to serve the Republic in nearby systems, and to provide an academy from which to train new Jedi.
- Bol: Mammal used in the production of milk and for riding. Wild specimens are sometimes hunted for their hides. Long snout, curving horns, rough hide, four legs, thick tail.
- Brith: Airborne mantas frequently seen riding the winds above Dantooine's grasslands and savannahs.
- Carniverous snail: Hand-sized biting snails. Considered pests. Prey on fabools.
- Fabool: Baloon-like creatures often impaled (and deflated) by thorns of the blba tree. Native Dantair often make pouches of their hide.
- Graul: Bipedal top-heavy apex predators. Similar to rancors in size and temperament.
- Huurton: Slender canine creatures with armored backs, long claws. Very aggressive.
- Iriaz: Docile quadripedal horned creatures. Herbivores, but possess claws for defense. Preferred prey for most hunters on Dantooine.
- Kath hound: Quadripedal hooved creatures about the size of a dog. They grow small tusks and are not hostile unless provoked. There is an offshoot known as the horned kath hound that grows large forward-curving horns known for a higher tendency toward violence.
- Kinrath: Species of large, non-sentient arachnoids. Viper kinraths are very venemous and tougher than others of their species. Hive kinraths are subterranean and subservient to a powerful female hive matriarch. Blind, but can sense heat.
- Laigrek: Large predatory insects with six sickle-like legs and gleaming black exoskeletons with red and white undersides. Eel-like heads possess a pair of horns.
- Piket: Large, brontosaurus-like herbivores that move in herds. Slow-moving but quick to defend one another.
- Quenker: Small armored hopping rodent whose jaws secret an acidic bile for defense and eating.
- Sickle-back mantis: Native mantis of particularly sinister appearance.
- Thune: Massive elephantine creatures, with thick grey hide and a pair of long trunks. Their heads have a halo of thin, full ears like a flower's petals, constantly in motion to cool them down.
- Voritor lizard: Two-meter long venemous reptile with a fan-like dorsal spike. Known for charging their prey with incredible speed.
- Blba tree: Fat trunked-trees with scrawny branches. Covered in thorns that occasionally impaled birds and fabools.
- Kibla greens: Nutritious vegetables of a dark green color. Exported all over the galaxy.
- Tritacale: Another exported vegetable whose inclusion enhances the flavors of dishes it is added to.
- Vincha: Small tubercled plants of a white color no larger than a human thumb. Used by the Dantari for its anesthetic properties.
- Yot bean: Legumes. They have flavor-enchancing properties similar to the tritacale.
The Dantooine System