Dark Room Harry Olson
Harry Olson 33 yrs old, Born 8/14/52 I’ve always been just one of the guys. Grew up like everyone else. Mom stayed at home, made good pot roast; and Dad worked for the police force downtown. Have a little sister Jenny and a little brother Tom. I always played sports with my Dad, listened to the Nascar and Pony races on the radio, and of course those mystery shows. In middle school and high school I was the star baseball player and even ran cross country. I met my wife Nancy in high school and we’ve been together ever since. After high school, I guess my world just feel apart. I’d never had such bad luck in my entire life until I started working at Murphy’s auto shop down on Burnside st. I knew I liked working with my hands and I’ve always loved cars. Started fixing stuff with my old man in middle school. He always liked to fix our family car and I guess I just wanted to be like him. I was just 18 working at Murphy’s and I didn’t know much, just a grease monkey. I also would move some other product for extra cash on the weekends. Coke, speed, or weed; nothing too hard like that black tar stuff. It wasn’t until 6 months into the job that I got caught along with the whole Murphy’s crew. I guess he was pretty high up in the Hells Angels gang. Realizing I wasn’t very deep into this, they gave me a plea bargain after 6 months in jail. Either stay in jail for 3 more years, or it’s all wiped and I go to Nam. Well Nam it was. Served for two and a half years. After 6 months at basic training, where they found out I’m ambidextrous and good with cars, they recruited me to be on the front lines. Killing VC's, fixing tanks and jeeps, and driving them to friendly lines was my duty. And I was good. One medal of honor, saved countless guys, and barely left with my own life. Almost died at hand to hand combat with a VC. While I was being choked out my best friend Dean Southerland came in at the last second and bashed the yellow’s head in. Now we’ve been friends every since. When we got home he went on the becoming a police chief and I went back to all I knew; fixing cars. I hope someday to own my own shop, have a family some day with Nancy, and raise a family. But to be honest, things just haven’t been the same since I got back from the war. I can’t sleep, I just keep hearing bombs going off, seeing young children and their mother’s frying from the napalm. I’ve hit the bottle harder than I’d like and even gone back to coke to help me wind down. Sometime I like to blow off steam on the track with my baby, my cherry red Ford Mustang, Stella.
- 1976: Events of Maple Shade
- 1977: x
- 1978: x
- 1979: x
- 1980: Mt. St. Helens erupts.
- 1981: x
- 1982: x
- 1983: x
- 1984: x
- My Moros room is called the Cenothaph. Gems hold my mana in the tower in the center of the room.
- 2 tass in the Cenothaph
- craftsmen's eye on both guns (july 21) - 8 agains for 1 week
- In work table - craftsmen's hammer made of blue white metal (Apeiron) perfect lead. +2 equipment bonus on (crafting, plasticity, tool use) checks, also Moros path tool. 8 again on mundane tool craft checks.
- old tattered leather craftsmen's apron - its an anchor to a ghost
- total roll success in Cenotaph exploration : 7
- McAlister - assists in Craft check
- Cabinet full of path tools to craft on (3dot) material mystery to figure out craft materials composition
- things to make - thieves tools, pick pocket gloves, infiltration kit
- Virtue: Competitive. Regain all spent Willpower when you engage in a competition or take up a challenge.
- Vice: Stubborn. Regain one spent Willpower when you get stuck on his original ideas or can't flex.
- To find my wife and daughter and topple the organization that is behind their kidnapping
- To show off my racing ability to the group
- Become a stronger mage by training with the Free Counsel
- Possessions: Ford Mustang (red), Mechanic tools
- Weapons: two small pistols
- The Maker's Hammer: Perfected Item •• (Workshop and Path Tool). A finely-weighted and balanced hammer crafted of apeiron. Grants a +2 equipment bonus and 8-agains to Craft checks that reasonably might use a hammer, can act as a +1 Yantra bonus Moros weapon Path Tool, or a +2 Yantra bonus for spells around plasticity, tool use, or crafting. As a weapon it has +1 damage, -1 initiative, Str 2, Size 2, Stun.
- The Tattered Apron: Hobbyist Clique •• (Crafts; Ghostly Anchor). The apron of an 18th century clockworks craftsman by the name of McAllister. He is happy to help around the workshop, granting 9-Agains to Craft checks and granting 2 additional tests beyond dice pool limits to Crafts extended tests.
- The Cabinet of Wonders: Path Tools. A collection of Path tools for all of the Paths: weapons, chalices, pentacles, wands and staves, and mirrors, made from the myriad materials resonant to the various Paths.
- Other Notes:
Red Ford Mustang
- Dice Modifier: –1
- Size: 10
- Durability: 2
- Structure: 12
- Speed: 140
- Atlantean Glossolalia: ES: High Speech spell • When using High Speech, also gain 9-Agains for any spell
- Mighty Spell: Gain a free Potency Factor
- (Arcanum) Puissance: Gain 2 Reaches in Arcanum
- Ambidextrous (3) - no penalty for attacking with off hand weapons
- Professional Training (3) (craft / Driving / Firearms) - Two dots of connection related to job, added Firearms, Have 9 agains
- FireFight (1) - First shot - if gun drawn, add firearms score to his initiative
- Crack Driver (2) - add composure to any rolls to Drive. Any rolls to disable his vehicle suffer a penalty equal to his composure as well.
- Dark Room (4) - safe place 2, hallow 3, sanctum 1 + demesne 3, library 2, resources 0
- Potent Nimbus (2) - add +4 to effective gnosis, add dots in merit in order to flare your nimbus (2).
- Shadow Name (1) - makes it harder for sympathetic magic to target you. use it as a persona bonus to your magic.
- Familiar Merit (2) - natalie familiar
Natalie Garner (Rank 1 Ghost)
Attributes: Power 3 • Finesse 2 • Resistance 3
Virtue: Honest • Vice: Violent • Fate: Forgotten • Integrity: 6
Essence: 8/10 • Corpus: 8 • Willpower: 5 • Initiative: 5 • Defense: 3 • Speed: 15 • Size: 5
Ban: Natalie's class ring, when twirled from the leather thong she wore around her neck, will cause her to stop and weep over it.
- Contact: Must spend 1 WP and make a Power + Resistance roll, at a -[Rank] penalty.
- Solidity: Solid while ghost is in Twilight
- Touch: Inflicts 1A while Materialized, and causes Materialized Condition to end. If non-Materialized, inflicts 1L. Inflicts 1L if Fetter touches bane.
- Weapon: If employed as a weapon, inflicts aggravated for Materialized, or lethal otherwise.
Anchors: Natalie's ghost has the following anchors:
- Her apartment with her roommate.
- The Dark Room, where she died.
- Her class ring, currently in a storage unit rented by Harry.
Combat: Power + Finesse to attack • Inflict bashing damage
- Twilight: May only attack and be attacked by other ghosts.
- Manifested: May be attacked by physical entities, but all damage is bashing unless Bane is employed. Lose 1 Essence per aggravated wound suffered.
- Corpus Loss to Lethal or Aggravated: If Essence remains, dissolves and enters hibernation in a Conditioned location. If no Essence remains, it is destroyed.
Influence: Maple Shade •
- 1 Essence • Roll Power + Finesse • Add to Defense, make an emotion stronger, or add Rank to Health or Structure for individuals connected to them.
- May shift the Anchor Condition to Open Condition for duration (1 min per succ).
- Discorporate: No cost. Spirit can discorporate as though it had lost all Corpus.
- Image: Anchor Condition • 1 Essence. Entity may make its Twilight form visible to material beings for a scene, while within range of one of its Anchors.
- Materialize: Open Condition • 3 Essence. Entity shifts from Twilight form to physical, while within the location it has rendered Open.
- Ghost Sign: 1 Essence; Power + Finesse. Spirit may display a message in a malleable form of media, such as radio or television static, steam on a mirror, superimposed on a frame of camera film or videotape. She most often plays Old Fashioned Love Song by Three Dog Night onto auditory media.
- Firestarter: 1 Essence; Power + Finesse. Starts one small fire in a flammable area per success, of torch intensity and size.
Friends and Family
Love of my life, High School Sweetheart. Cheerleader, faithful wife, and great cook. She works down at the diner half time.
Sister in law, Journalist, high school friend and dart player. She mean well, but damn she has a stick up her ass sometimes.
Former City Commissioner, and a solid guy. We both Love the Blazers, but he's a damn Yankee fan. He is just so up tight and conservative some times.
best friend and vet buddy. We drink together and watch the game regularly. He likes cars too and we often talk shop about them. He is a police officer downtown.
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Money: Don't have a lot to spare, it just always seems to fly out of my wallet and into my cup or nose.
- Clothing & Jewelry: Gold chain, flannel shirts, jeans, carharts, mechanic jumpers.
- Communication: Not very available, angers easily, struggling with PTSD
- Food: Whatever Nancy is making
- Housing: Lives in Buck and Nancy's house with 6 month old daughter Natalie
- Days: Work full time at the Auto Shop, Ray's Automotive. Work 8-4:30 Tuesday - Saturday
- Evenings: Working on Stella (my mustang), watching sports, or hanging with my buddies by the track.
- 0 experience points held in reserve
- 0 merit points held in reserve