My name was Scott but it seems I haven't been called that in hundreds of years. I was a second-rate model in New York City. Imagine that, someone who DIDN'T aspire to the stage! I enjoyed the fast pace and the packed-in city. Los Angeles was just too spread out. People in New York always let you know where you stand. People on the west coast had no backbone; it was all slime.
I was just starting to realize my time was up as far as a shot at the business of the young and pretty. I wasn't really upset about it. I'm not the type to get upset about things. I take what I can learn and I move on. I won't lie though, waking up to the necessity of a new career in your mid-thirties (uhh.. late thirties) is not a very soothing prospect.
Being on the 'less-than-a-list' in your field generally meant you had a living arrangement. I shared a loft with a guy in Tribeca. We weren't much more than acquaintances, seeing each other in passing every day or two. I never really knew what he did for a living but whatever it was it did him well. He slept til noon and dressed very well. I never got the idea he was into drugs (or, at least, couldn't handle his scene) but he didn't have that air of a trust fund baby either.
The guy was hot. It didn't matter what your preferred gender was, you couldn't help but notice him. He had different women every night, sometimes more than one a night and sometimes even more than one at a time. I swear sometimes I heard guys, too. Given his ...own mystique and that of the people he was banging, I couldn't help but wonder what was going on behind that door. Maybe that's how he sustained himself. A guy with that ability could probably go pretty far if he wanted to.
I started to wonder about my own ability to maybe swing a few bucks that way. I'm a model! Well, soon-to-be ex-model turning 39. I'm not obsessed with staying young or pretty, I think it's just my environment. I hope I find a good next environment.
From listening to those nightly activities to wondering those momentary thoughts I'd catch myself in the mirror. Whatever the next environment might be, it should come fast.
I'd slide my way up to the roof with a half-bottle of Merlot where I could take in the city noises and then drown them out. Lady Liberty would be visible to her shoulders over the tops of the building. I'd focus on the back of her head and wonder, "What good is Liberty without direction?"
- Virtue: Justice Vice: Pride Concept: Wrathful Seducer
- Seeming: Fairest; Kith: Romancer/Shadowsoul; Court: Summer
- Mental: Intelligence 2, Wits 2, Resolve 2
- Physical: Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2
- Social: Presence 3, Manipulation 3, Composure 2
- Mental: Academics 0, Computer 1, Crafts 0, Investigation 1, Medicine (bruises & lacerations) 1, Occult 1, Politics 0, Science 0
- Physical: Athletics 2, Brawl 2, Drive 0, Firearms 1, Larceny 0, Stealth 2, Survival 0, Weaponry 0
- Social: Animal Ken 0, Empathy (Discover Weakness) 2, Expression 2, Intimidation 2, Persuasion (Digging for Secrets) 2, Socialize 2, Streetwise 0, Subterfuge 2
- Mental: Emotional Detachment (1),
- Physical: X
- Social: Ingratiating Wanderer (2), Barfly (1), Resources (1)
- Changeling: Dual Kith (2)
- Wyrd: 1 (Glamour/Turn: X); Contracts: X
- Health 7, Willpower 4, Clarity 7 ([Derangements])
- Size 5, Speed 10, Defense 2, Initiative 5
- Weapons: Weapon (Stats)
- Armor: X (equipment/source)
- Flaws: X