Werewolf Aconite Bane
Also called wolfsbane or monkshood, aconite is one of the rare few exceptions to werewolf immunities to poisons. Werewolves exposed to wolfsbane can and do die from it.
- Mechanically speaking, aconite inflicts the Poisoned Tilt on werewolves, who take lethal damage from the poison.
- The Stamina + Resolve roll to resist is made at a penalty equal to (Primal Urge), plus an additional -1 per dose inflicted.
- This is inflicted once per turn in high-stress situations, or once per minute otherwise.
Treatment for aconite poisoning requires either belladonna (atropine) or khella (amiodarone), in either herbal or pharmaceutical forms.
- This is performed as a First Aid (Poisoning) action.
First Aid (Poisoning)
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Medicine; Action: Extended (Difficulty of Health damage taken); Interval: One minute; Note: Poisoned patients continue to suffer from the Poisoned Tilt while treatment is undergone.
- Exceptional Success: Not only do you add all your successes to the accumulated total, but you prevent the need for a resistance roll against the Poisoned Tilt.
- Success: Successes are added to the accumulated total. Effects of the Poisoned Tilt still apply.
- Failure: Medic must choose to either end the test outright, ceasing her efforts, or take the Frustrated Condition to continue.
- Dramatic Failure: The patient dies.