A house of singular devotion to the moon goddess, House Wavesilver's sailors and navigators tend to consider themselves adventurers first and foremost. The years have been kind to the Wavesilver name and fortunes, as that boldness has let them weather some of the horrors that have nearly destroyed other Houses. Today, the Wavesilver merchant fleet is highly regarded, and the House quite prosperous.
Members of the Family
- Lord Albordrim Wavesilver: Patriarch (Renown 10) • 65 years. Called by Waterdhavians "the Lord of Silver," Lord Albordrim was a sea captain and fleet master for one of the Wavesilver fleets in his day. He is also a cleric of Selûne, and has spent much of his life in close alliance with the clergy of the Moon Maiden in Waterdeep. Recently, though, the loss of his dear only daughter and heir Tennoen has cast him into grief, and he seems very focused on finding someone who can bring her remains to him, believing his beloved goddess will raise her from the dead.
- Sethress Wavesilver: Consort (Renown 8) • 58 years. The Lord of Silver's beloved, age has gifted Sethress with a head of long, silver-white hair, which she frequently wears in looping braids, with small silver chimes woven into them. One of the pillars of Waterdhavian society, Sethress has often negotiated her husband's eccentricities, but his latest obsession is beyond her control. He refuses to name a new heir, certain he will recover Tennoen, and for her part, her own grief leaves her little to fight him with.
- Alondra "Wildfire" Wavesilver: Heir (Renown 4) • 25 years. Lord Albordrim's niece and Tennoen's boon companion, Alondra is a spitfire. A student of the notorious elven duelist known as "Fox-at-Twilight," Alondra is a skilled fencer herself. Rumor suggests that her aunt Sethress is working to have her named heir. Alondra is Albordrim's only solace, as both of them deeply grieve the loss of Tennoen. She has emerged from her mourning isolation but grieves still, often getting drunk and picking fights with other headstrong noble rakes. She's left more than a few with scars to remember her by.
- Resources Limit: If necessary, House Wavesilver could probably generate about 32,000 gp in liquid coin and valuables within a month.
Moonsgrace Towers (Villa)
Ivory Street • Sea Ward
The Wavesilver villa is an old and storied estate. Unlike too many villas, it has never been given over to strangers or fallen into disrepair, and its large double doors, gleaming white with silver accents, with a strained glass window depicting Selûne dancing on the waves, the moon haloing her head, is an iconic landmark in the Sea Ward.
- Moonsgrace Towers: Though only two floors in height for the most part, three towers at its street-facing corners rise another two stories above those, intricate white stone structures with evershine treated fixtures of silver-gleaming metal depicting moon and star motifs. The front doors of the structure (which face Ivory Street) bear the iconic stained glass double doors, but there is a guest's port cochere off the Flint Street side. This house contains most living and entertaining space for the household. A glass-walled gallery connects it to the Ladyshrine tower, making the procession from house to tower a lovely walk through immaculate lunar gardens.
- The Ladyshrine: Standing six stories in height, the Ladyshrine towers above everything around it, lending the Wavesilver villa an unprecedented view of its neighbors and the Sea Ward in general. The great tower is all but hollow, with its ground floor set up as a shrine to Selûne, and the staircase that wraps multiple times around its glass-walled interior leading to a rooftop lunar observatory which is also a favorite social gathering spot. Two decades ago, the Wavesilvers installed a Lantannese lift along the outer edge of the tower, accessible from where the glass gallery connects to the temple, for those without the stamina or bodily ability to make the impressive climb.
- Sendimar House: Decorated all in white stone, but with more naval motifs, Sendimar House is mostly living spaces for more of the family. It is two floors in height, with ample and spacious living suites clustered into familial households. Its kitchens are serviceable, but most of the family eats in the main house.
- Wavesilver Offices: The offices for the Wavesilver merchant fleets, these are exclusively business spaces. The first floor is dedicated to fine offices and meeting parlors, with fleet master offices and apartment for the office's clerks on the floor above.
- Servant Quarters: Rather than sacrifice living space in the main houses, the Wavesilver built separated servant living quarters for their household staff. While on duty, they tend to their responsibilities in the rest of the villa, but while off-duty they have comfortable if not sumptuous living spaces, including a separate entrance. It is two stories in height.
Known Faction Perks
Scions and agents of House Wavesilver in good standing might receive the following benefits:
- Living Quarters: Renown 1+. Those in good standing with the House are given quarters within the House's Waterdhavian villa appropriate to their role in the House.
- Living Expenses/Salaries: Renown 1+. Those in good standing with the House also receive a stipend of 1gp plus 5sp per day per point of Rank. This is not actual cash, but simply familial credit towards payment of Lifestyle costs. This stacks with the same kind of familial credit received from the Waterdhavian Noble Background (see Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide).
- Business Opportunities: Renown 3+. Lynchpins to the House's operations receive access to a variety of business opportunities within the House's money-making endeavors. This is handled as "Running a Business" in downtime months. This does not incur a business expense, but if too many of the character rolls results that end in a loss of money, he can and will find his Rank in the House reduced.
- Heir or Consort (Title): Renown 3+. The holder of one of the legal titles Heir of House and Consort of House, as recorded with the city of Waterdeep, is entitled to an additional 2gp per day in familial credit, per the "Living Expenses/Salaries" entry above. The heir is also accorded certain privileges within the legal system of Waterdeep, including the ability to speak on behalf of his House in some legal proceedings and the like.
- Wealth of the House: Renown 10. The patriarch of the House is in total control of the House's finances and various holdings, established by the laws of Waterdeep.