1354 DR Spires of the Morning
A walled compound surrounding seven towers crafted of dusky rose marble, accented and capped with fine scrollwork of copper, silver and gold that reflected the dawn's light. More than 300 clerics are based out of the Spires, as is the Order of the Aster, a Lathanderan order of knights.
|High Radiance Ghentilara|
High Priestess of the Spires • Rank 10
The High Radiance of the Spires was renowned as quite the beauty in her day. She is also regarded as a wise counselor, often sharing social engagements with Lord Piergeiron to discuss the things that weigh on his mind. She runs the Spires with a firm hand and clear vision: hope and beauty must be instilled in the world, and these things celebrated, even in the face of ugliness and evil.
|Dawnbringer Darus Killian|
Priest of Lathander • Rank 4
One of the Lathandran priests of the Spire, Dawnbringer Darus is one of the champions of the Lathandran-style wrestling that is often part of the pankration style of athletics which has been in vogue among Waterdhavian nobility for nearly three decades at this point. As such, he also works at the various gymnasia in the area, training others in the grappling styles of which he is master. His noble contacts have lent him access to noble society, where he is quite a hit with the ladies.
- Prior Bamaal Dunster: Temple Prior. One of the temple Priors (mid-level priests who administrate the temple and perform its rites when Ghentilara is otherwise engaged), Bamaal is a swarthy man with a head of long black hair that he keeps pinned back with a thin circlet of gold set with a cabochon rose quartz. He is kindly and well-loved, far more concerned with the well-being of others than with strictures and regulations. Prior Bamaal oversees the training of the temple acolytes.
- Prior Athosar: Temple Prior. Though he has a reputation for his ambition, Athosar is neither scheming nor power-hungry - he seems to simply be convinced of what he has to offer the Morninglord in a leadership role and is anxious for the chance to offer that up. Prior Athosar oversees preparation for rituals (even performing them when Ghentilara is unable) and the training of the temple chorale, and is quite a skilled singer and harpist himself.
Knights of the Aster
- High Dawnknight Tlinthar Regheriad: Commander of the Order. The handsome dark-haired knight who is the commander of the Order of the Aster sets hearts to racing wherever he goes, thanks not just to his looks but his chivalry and sheer charisma. He is no mere popinjay, however, for the High Dawnknight is a very capable warrior of Lathander's creed and an implacable enemy of the undead.
- Dawnknight Alaura: Dawnknight of the Order. With her chestnut hair cut close to accommodate her helmet, Alaura's days of being a knight-errant are behind her, thanks to an old injury. While it inhibits her from traveling or active adventuring, it does not limit her ability to train new paladins, a task she undertakes with great gusto.
- The Dawn Towers: Sanctuaries for the faithful and clergy alike who are in need of a peaceful place of meditation and prayer, the Dawn Towers are understood to be quiet-only places.
- Great Hall: A gathering place for the social interactions among all the faithful - clergy and lay persons alike - that are a central tenet of Lathander's creed, the Great Hall has persons sitting, eating and drinking and discussing at almost all hours of the day. Visitors are of course welcome, whether or not they are of the faithful.
- Kitchens: The massive operation of the temple kitchens is working at all hours, preparing food for the coming meal. About a third of the food the kitchen produces are taken to the poor and needy in other districts, and the kitchens also brew an ale - Aster Ale - that is popular in many Castle, Sea and North Wards, the sale of which is a great boon to the temple's coffers. Many wives of the faith also purchase hand-casks from the kitchens here for their own pantries.
- Chapterhouse of the Aster: The war-room and gathering place for the leaders of the Order of the Aster, this room frequently sees gatherings to discuss ongoing operations and the logistics of the Order. It is fairly common to find the High Dawnknight here with any number of other knights, going over details, debriefing missions and the like. The walls here are bedecked with many shields, each a trophy of war of some great victory of the Order's.
- X: X
- X: X
- X: X
- X: X
- X: X
- X: X
Many of the buildings around the Spires of Morning are owned by the church and have been converted into rectory space for its many priests. Many of these are local rowhouses that are either constructed dormitory-style for acolytes and under-priests, or rooming-house style for priests of greater status.
- The Vintner's Crown Fairgrounds: Held during Greengrass as a great barrel-tasting competition.