Harry Olson 24 yrs old, Born 8/14/52 I’ve always been just one of the guys. Grew up like everyone else. Mom stayed at home, made good pot roast; and Dad worked for the police force downtown. Have a little sister Jenny and a little brother Tom. I always played sports with my Dad, listened to the Nascar and Pony races on the radio, and of course those mystery shows. In middle school and high school I was the star baseball player and even ran cross country. I met my wife Nancy in high school and we’ve been together ever since. After high school, I guess my world just feel apart. I’d never had such bad luck in my entire life until I started working at Murphy’s auto shop down on Burnside st. I knew I liked working with my hands and I’ve always loved cars. Started fixing stuff with my old man in middle school. He always liked to fix our family car and I guess I just wanted to be like him. I was just 18 working at Murphy’s and I didn’t know much, just a grease monkey. I also would move some other product for extra cash on the weekends. Coke, speed, or weed; nothing too hard like that black tar stuff. It wasn’t until 6 months into the job that I got caught along with the whole Murphy’s crew. I guess he was pretty high up in the Hells Angels gang. Realizing I wasn’t very deep into this, they gave me a plea bargain after 6 months in jail. Either stay in jail for 3 more years, or it’s all wiped and I go to Nam. Well Nam it was. Served for two and a half years. After 6 months at basic training, where they found out I’m ambidextrous and good with cars, they recruited me to be on the front lines. Killing VC's, fixing tanks and jeeps, and driving them to friendly lines was my duty. And I was good. One medal of honor, saved countless guys, and barely left with my own life. Almost died at hand to hand combat with a VC. While I was being choked out my best friend Dean Southerland came in at the last second and bashed the yellow’s head in. Now we’ve been friends every since. When we got home he went on the becoming a police chief and I went back to all I knew; fixing cars. I hope someday to own my own shop, have a family some day with Nancy, and raise a family. But to be honest, things just haven’t been the same since I got back from the war. I can’t sleep, I just keep hearing bombs going off, seeing young children and their mother’s frying from the napalm. I’ve hit the bottle harder than I’d like and even gone back to coke to help me wind down. Sometime I like to blow off steam on the track with my baby, my cherry red Ford Mustang, Stella.
- Virtue: Competitive. Regain all spent Willpower when you engage in a competition or take up a challenge.
- Vice: Escapist. Regain one spent Willpower when you escape or avoid stressful situations rather than face them.
- To impress Nancy and her family and show he isn't a fuck up
- To rebel against Father in Law and express my true self
- Figure out why i have so many bad memories of war / struggle to sleep at night
- Integrity: 5
- Breaking Points:
- surprise 1:1 combat
- Explosions or large fires
- Encountering Ghostly Activity, losing body or mind control
- being confined in a cell
- Possessions: Ford Mustang (red), Mechanic tools
- Weapons: two small pistols
- Other Notes:
Red Ford Mustang
- Dice Modifier: –1
- Size: 10
- Durability: 2
- Structure: 12
- Speed: 140
- ward - Nancy and baby Natalie
- Swoon - Barb, Natalie
- Ambidextrous (3) - no penalty for attacking with off hand weapons
- Professional Training (1) (craft / Driving) - Two dots of connection related to job
- FireFight (1) - First shot - if gun drawn, add firearms score to his initiative
- Crack Driver (2) - add composure to any rolls to Drive. Any rolls to disable his vehicle suffer a penalty equal to his composure as well.
- Favored Weapon (2) - gain +2 on Resolve + Composure rolls when weapon is easily accessible or on the character's person
Friends and Family
Love of my life, High School Sweetheart. Cheerleader, faithful wife, and great cook. She works down at the diner half time.
Sister in law, Journalist, high school friend and dart player. She mean well, but damn she has a stick up her ass sometimes.
Former City Commissioner, and a solid guy. We both Love the Blazers, but he's a damn Yankee fan. He is just so up tight and conservative some times.
best friend and vet buddy. We drink together and watch the game regularly. He likes cars too and we often talk shop about them. He is a police officer downtown.
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Money: Don't have a lot to spare, it just always seems to fly out of my wallet and into my cup or nose.
- Clothing & Jewelry: Gold chain, flannel shirts, jeans, carharts, mechanic jumpers.
- Communication: Not very available, angers easily, struggling with PTSD
- Food: Whatever Nancy is making
- Housing: Small apartment, 6 month old daughter Natalie
- Days: Work full time at the Auto Shop, Ray's Automotive. Work 8-4:30 Tuesday - Saturday
- Evenings: Working on Stella (my mustang), watching sports, or hanging with my buddies by the track.
- 1 experience points held in reserve
- 0 merit points held in reserve