Difference between revisions of "Lobelia Hamson"
From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 138:||Line 138:|
Revision as of 07:27, 20 July 2019
The life of spies is to know, not to be known. - George Herbert
All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him. - Sun Tzu
- Ability Score Increase Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
- Lucky When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
- Brave You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
- Halfling Nimbleness You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
- Lightfoot Traits:
- Ability Score Increase Your Charisma score increases by 1.
- Naturally Stealthy You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
- Expertise Thieves' Tools & Stealth
- Sneak Attack Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe’s distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.
You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
- Thieves’ Cant During your rogue training you learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves’ cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.
In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves’ guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
- Cunning Action Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
- Roguish Archetype Assassin
- Uncanny Dodge Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.
- Bonus Proficiencies: You gain proficiency with the disguise kit and the poisoner’s kit.
- Assassinate: You have advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn in the combat yet, and any hit you score against a creature that is surprised is a critical hit.
- Skill Proficiencies: Animal Handling and Perception
- Tools: Dice Set and Flute
- Criminal Contact:
- You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
- Sponsor: Rank 1+. Zhentarim Argot learned
- Song Training: Rank 2+. Performance
- Harper's Pin: Rank 3+. Fully acknowledged agents of the Harpers receive a Harpers pin.
- Harper Cell: Rank 3+. Deep Cover agent. Currently unassigned, on loan to Dusken Glade
- Continuing Training: Rank 5+. Harp & herbalism kit
- Squat Nimbleness
- • Increase your DEX score by 1. Increase your walking speed by 5 ft. You gain proficiency in the Acrobatics skill, and you have advantage on any Acrobatics check you make to escape from being grappled.
- Coins: 0 cp • 0 sp • 0 ep • 53 gp • 0 pp • Other coins: 0
- Gems: 0
- Lobelia's Studded Leather
- Ever-Armed: Pieces of the armor can be used to assemble a dagger by spending an action. This reduces the AC of the armor by 1 until the dagger is returned to the armor. When the wearer completes a long rest, the pieces automatically return to the armor, even if the dagger was lost or stolen.
- Masquerading: Armor changes to fit disguises, granting advantage when using disguise kit.
- Lobelia's Assassin Shortsword
- Assassin's: Bearer may add proficiency bonus to damage rolls dealt during a surprise round.
- Gloves of Thievery
- These gloves are invisible while worn. While wearing them, you gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) checks and Dexterity checks made to pick locks.
- Lobelia's Elvish Cloak - Cloak of Elvenkind
- While you wear this cloak with its hood up, Wisdom (Perception) checks made to see you have disadvantage, and you have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide, as the cloak's color shifts to camouflage you. Pulling the hood up or down requires an action.
- Guardian The item whispers warnings to its bearer, granting a +2 bonus to initiative if the bearer isn't incapacitated. (Common Magic Item effect)
- Harper Pin Wondrous Item, rare (attunement) -- Disguised as brass pin of a mastiff head in silhouette
- Wrought by certain finesmiths and enchanted by Harper magicians, the Harper pin provides a number of benefits to the attuned wearer based on their standing within the Harpers as a faction. Pins manifest power based on their attunement to Harper bearers. An un-attuned pin is referred to as being dormant.
- Basic Abilities: No ranking. Harper pins, even those which are dormant, are themselves immune to divination magics. They never register as magical to spells or spell-like abilities.
- Rank 1+ The Harper attuned to the pin may, as a bonus action and mere act of will requiring neither speech nor gesture, command the pin to change its shape into another piece of jewelry. It never appears to be worth more than 5gp, although this value can be for a piece that is obviously costume jewelry. If the wearer is in any way targeted by a dispel magic, even if the pin is not the target of that spell, it automatically reverts to its normal harp-and-moon shape.
- Rank 3+ In addition to the above abilities, the pin functions as a ring of mind shielding, without the soul-retention property of that ring.
- Rank 4+ Harpers with some experience can learn to invest their pins with a fragment of personality. Instead of causing mind-reading to simply fail (which is suspicious), they can cause the pin to "loop" a set of thoughts of their choice, usually setting a cycle of thoughts appropriate to their current cover story. A pin's thought loop can be reset during a short rest.
- Rank 5+ The pin is capable of playing a counter-tune when the attuned Harper encounters spells that would charm them, granting the bearer advantage on all saves against such spells and abilities. The pin also drinks in the power behind magic missiles, rendering the bearer immune to them. Either of these effects cause a shapechanged pin to revert to its normal, harp-and-moon shape.
- Rank 6+ The pin protects the bearer from electrical attacks, granting resistance to lightning damage. This effect causes a shapechanged pin to revert to its normal, harp-and-moon shape.
- Lobelia's SOS Lobelia's Harper pin can send an SOS message to her handler. This is a one-way sending that only alerts Lobelia's handler that she is in danger and needs extraction.
- In Hand: Shortsword
- Worn: Studded Leather
- Belt: Dagger, Hand Crossbow
- Backpack: Explorer’s Pack
- Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
- Poisoner's Kit
- Disguise Kit
- Crossbow Bolt Case
- 1 dose Drow Poison (Injury) 200gp. This poison is typically made only by the draw, and only in a place far removed from sunlight. A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 hour. If the saving throw fails by 5 or more, the creature is also unconscious while poisoned in this way. The creature wakes up if it takes damage or if another creature takes an action to shake it awake.
- 1 dose Huld (Injury) 250gp. Referred to as “Leap” or “Deathdance” by sages and alchemists in the Realms, this odourless oil causes severe muscle spasms leading to loss of motor control, balance and speech and causing a victim to become helpless as it thrashes and moves about rapidly and wildly. This poison is a favourite of the Fire Knives of Westgate and it is whispered that the wizard Sandar “Silkenvoice” Kathklan of Daerlun provides huld to unscrupulous Sembians for stiff fees.
- A creature subjected to this poison must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or become incapacitated and unable to speak for 1d6 minutes. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each if its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Potion of Healing x2 (2d4+2)
- Modest: (1 gp/day).
|Sasha - War Mastiff
Known Poison Formula
- Huld (Injury) 250gp.
- Referred to as “Leap” or “Deathdance” by sages and alchemists in the Realms, this odourless oil causes severe muscle spasms leading to loss of motor control, balance and speech and causing a victim to become helpless as it thrashes and moves about rapidly and wildly. This poison is a favourite of the Fire Knives of Westgate and it is whispered that the wizard Sandar “Silkenvoice” Kathklan of Daerlun provides huld to unscrupulous Sembians for stiff fees.
- Vescaras Ammakyl - The Harper whom I work for.
- Vaeser Osznar - Lobelia and Vaeser don't actual know each other's names but they have crossed paths on many occasion. They have met at a few meetings and have been involved in the same operations but only know each other by code names. These days they just call each other by "friendly" insulting nicknames.