Ahkeron of Clan Darkfell
"The way I see it, there are only three kinds of people in this world: Bad ones, ones you follow, and ones you need to protect.." - Amos - The Expanse
Ahkeron of Clan Darkfell
Nephew and adopted ward of of Ahmadar of the Seven Runes - Lord of Clan Darkfell in the Far Hills and Runemaster of Citadel Adbar.
His twin sister is Ahmera, Lieutenant of the Black Iron Watch of Glaerune Hall and his grandmother, Teshura is the Reagent Mother of Glaerune Hall.
Ahmadar never speaks of their father - an estranged outcast that had been involved with the Iron Ring of Skullport over a century ago. What little they do know came from their grandmother, that Ahkhalan was a troubled soul, consumed by jealousy for his brothers magic and driven to madness by it. He had allied with dark forces from the depths of Undermountain and though Ahmadar had tried to bridge the gap between them, Ahkhalan's spite never allowed for it. It's unknow what became of Ahkhalan - they had not heard from him in decades until they received a message from the Husteem family of Waterdeep that a "parcel" had been left in their care for Ahmadar to personally come and receive. This parcel were baby twins. The Husteem's refused to share any information regarding how they came to be in custody of the children, only that they were indeed the children of Ahkhalan, which Ahmadar knew from the moment he laid eyes on them.
Ahkeron spent most of his youth living in both Glaerune Hall and Citadel Adbar, his uncle making frequent trips between the two via teleportation circle and felt his wards would benefit from experiencing life in both regions. While Ahkeron and his sister received an education at Citadel Adbar, they trained in martial combat by Darkfell's Black Iron Watch. As young adults they were sent to stay with their "Auntie" Demisante in Silverymoon where she taught them religion, history and arcana from a less limited dwarven mindset.
Demisante had tested both dwarves for their fathers talent for magic and when Ahkeron showed promise, Ahmadar initially took it upon himself to see to his nephews training. This proved ineffective, Ahmadar was largely absent and never knew quite how to relate directly to his brother's children - after two years of reading books on magic and practically no training whatsever, Ahkeron was instead entrusted to one of Ahmadar's oldest and most successful apprentices, Whorbi Worldthrone who lived and worked in the city of Waterdeep.
How Ahkeron went from being Whorbi's apprentice to Harper Agent working for the Darburl Family is another story.
- Darkvision 60'
- Dwarven Resilience
- Two Weapon Fighting
- Second Wind
- Action Surge
- Weapon Bond (2x battleaxe)
- Cantrips: Booming Blade, Minor Illusion
- Spellbook: Find Familiar, Protection from Good & Evil, Shield
- Extra Attack
- Safe Haven
Harpers • Rank 2
- Sponsor (Whorbi Worldthrone)
- Signs at Twilight
- Magic Access
- Proficient in Smith's Tools.
- Ignite: As an action, can ignite an object within 10 feet. Must be flammable, and fire starts in a circle no larger than 1 foot in diameter.
- Fire's Friend: Resistance to cold damage.
- Dual Wielding:
- Coins: x cp • 4 sp • x ep • 143 gp • x pp • Other coins: x
- Gems: x
- Harper pin
- Giantdodging Chainmail (attuned)
- Periapt of Wound Closure
- In Hand: Ascûd and En-Sagh (weapon bonded battleaxes)
- Worn: Giantdodging chainmail, Darkfell signet ring, Harper pin (buckle), fleece bracelet, periapt of wound closure,
- Belt: dagger, 2x manacles, beltpouch (coin), pouch of silver & iron dust
- Harness: 3x blackwood javelins, another handaxe, healing potion
- Backpack: bedroll, tower shield, mess kit, iron kettle, tea leaves, tinderbox, 10x chalk, 10x torches, 8x rations, waterskin, 50' hemp rope, smith's tools, calligraphy tools, whetstone, healer's kit, 2x blackwood javelins, 2x familiar incense, copy of Ostorian king (Kong rune) crypt in Sword Mts map & various lore, orc drums, 3x empty vial
- Saddlebags: cheese-churner, 6x sacks (group loot)
- Menagerie: Baraka (familiar), Ubara (pony), Rullok (mule), Garnum (mule), Shokmug (goat), Second Goat (goat), Gwaerd (mastiff), Huffar (shepherd), Klem (canary), Pigeon and Sparrow (chickens)
- xxxx: (x gp/day)
- Baraka: familiar (default forms: squirrel, raven (day), owl (night), octopus)
- Whorbi Worldthrone: mentor
- Ahmera Darkfell: sister, Black Iron Watch of Glaerune Hall
- Ahmadar of the Seven Runes, Lord of Clan Darkfell & Runemaster of Citadel Adbar: uncle
- Teshura Darkfell: grandmother, Thane Dowager of Glaerune Hall
- Auntie Demisante: family friend
- Ahkhalan: birth father
Faction & Organization Lore
The following are locations and people you know are associated with the Darburl, and to whom you can go should you be in the area. Other areas may have Darburl representatives, but they are not currently known to you. (Mothers & Fathers are leaders in the organization; Aunts & Uncles are lieutenants, each usually with a specialty of some kind.)
- The Delimbiyr Vale: Daggerford: Mother Arcric, the halfling barkeep at Tyrmora's Cup.
- Nightstone: Uncle Dunlis Arcri, stablemaster at the inn in Nightstone.
- The Dessarin Valley: Westbridge: Father Thentilyr, a half-orc who runs a local slaughterhouse
- Triboar: Aunt Klethja Thentilyr, a gnome farmer at the Goldshine Farm, who specializes in recruitment.
- Yartar: Uncle Discretion Thentilyr, a tiefling fence and smuggler, who operates a message and package courier service
- The Sword Mountains: Leilon: Mother Thentilyr, a dwarf woman who runs an eatery
- Waterdeep: Aunt Alindue Thentilyr, a festhall opera singer who specializes in contacts
- The Silver Marches & Delzoun: Everlund: Mother Dlarhund, a genderfluid half-elf innkeep
- Sundabar: Uncle Kentar Dlarhund, a dwarven washerman
- Neverwinter Wood: Helm's Hold: Father Dlarhund, a rotund human fighter who teaches combat skills
- The Frozenfar: Mirabar: Father Arcri, a young human finesmith
The following locations have a discernible Harper presence capable of providing assistance and support to Harper agents. Other places may have a few agents or Watchers, but these are places Harpers can go when they need aid or sanctuary.
- Delimbiyr Vale: Daggerford: Though Those Who Harp do not have a strong presence in Daggerford, Filarion Filverdonson is a local trader who also wears the pin. He makes his home open to his fellow Harpers in need of aid or simply a friend.
- Loudwater: Harpers in need of sanctuary or support know to seek out the Smiling Satyr, and to ask for Gharwin Umbryl.
- Dessarin Valley: Triboar: The Lord Protector of Triboar, Darathra Shendrel, is a Harper, although she is not an active agent at current. She does offer a welcome to Those Who Harp, however, as well as santuary and what aid she can.
- Yartar: The Harpers of Yartar operate sub-rosa as much as they can. Most folk in town know that the raucous festhall called the Bared Maid (otherwise known as "the Chilly Wench" for its featured naked musicians) is said to hold Harpers or those who can contact them with the right pass-phrases.
- The Frozenfar: Mirabar: A Harper safehouse operates out of a sage's stone tower in this city. The dwarven sage, Emeryldyn Weskyr, specializes in the history of metallury, and is the head of the local Harpers.
- Neverwinter Wood: Neverwinter: A creaky old three-story rowhouse acts as a meeting place and safehouse for Harpers in Neverwinter. A candle in the window gives permission to those watching nearby to come in by the back alley entrance.
- The Silver Marches: Everlund: Moongleam Tower is a keep of black stone, which serves as an open Harper stronghold and the center of its operations in the North. Several senior Harpers remain in residence here, including Daviana Yalrannis, one of the High Harpers (bearing the title "Moonlord," given to those put in command of Moongleam Tower).
- Silverymoon: Many Harpers operate openly in Silverymoon, including the court harpist Emerdale Silverharp, a companion of the High Mage. For those who are not operating openly, there is a more subtle welcome awaiting them at the temples of any of the Harper gods: Mielikki, Mystra, Oghma, Selûne, or Tymora. These temples maintain connections to the Harpers, and can offer them secret sanctuary and quick exits via hidden passages.
- Sword Mountains: Waterdeep: The Harpers of Waterdeep have perhaps a greater presence than any other site in the North, save only Everlund. Lady Remalia Haventree is a public member of the Harpers, and agents in need of contact or succor from the Waterdhavian Harpers need only come to the gate of Ulbrinter House, in the North Ward.