From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Though there used to be an Astoria pack, it departed the area in 1937 because of something called the "Five Families of Astoria". See Randalls of Astoria for more information. They settled down in Auberdeen, WA.
- 1992: The alpha of the Auberdeen Pack, Amarissa, stealthily returns to Astoria on Walpurgisnacht, and experiences the woods around Astoria with a sense of tear-inducing homecoming.
- She takes an oath to the spirits of the Lodge to return home to those woods some day.
- Amarissa begins working to place people in positions where they can watch the dynamic among the Five Families to look for her opportunity to return somehow.
- 1996: As part of her associations with the Cult of the Moon, Amarissa meets Volk, the alpha of the Coastal Range pack. He seems supportive of her desire to return to Astoria.
- 2010: The Five Families contact Amarissa through her contacts (whom she assumed were hidden).
- They indicate they are leaving Astoria permanently, and offer various properties to her for prodigious prices.
- With a little research, she discovers they are all moving to either Seattle or Portland.
- She accepts, and returns to Astoria.
- She is accompanied by her packmates Desmond and Martin.
- Two Coastal Range werewolves leave Volk's pack to join Amarissa: Vanya, who is a close friend of Amarissa's, and Orlando, who grew up in and still maintained family in Astoria.
- That year, Amarissa discovered an Omega named Victor near Saddle Mountain, and invited the young Clatsop man to join her pack. He accepted.
- Surveying the state of the town, Amarissa hits on an idea to revitalize it: the upgrading of the local community college into a full state university.
- With her wealth and contacts, she facilitates this fairly quickly, with its first two years accreditation meeting standards right away, and construction to expand the university's campus area starting immediately.
- 2011: Aedia transfers from Berkeley to the University of Astoria.
- Orlando tells Amarissa of a young man who collapsed from leukemia that he'd grown fond of. She visits him and offers him the Bite; Reese accepts.
- Conflict breaks out between Volk's pack and the Astoria pack, as Volk suddenly and seemingly without cause reverses his decision to support them. He insists his old packmates return, and they refuse.
- In the summer, Volk launches an assault on the Astoria pack. Several of the old pack die defending their alpha, but for naught - Volk kills Amarissa in combat.
- Aedia inherits her mother's alpha status.
- 2011: Aedia and the remnants of her pack manage to chase Volk's pack away.
- He gives her a single year of mourning for her mother (traditional in the Cult of the Moon), but promises to return the next year and destroy them all if they are still in Astoria at the end of that period.
- Aedia ends up giving a bartender named Cecil the Bite that winter.
- 2012: Volk begins expressing antagonism toward the Astoria pack, insisting that they depart. He insists that they join his pack, or leave Oregon forever.
- Predictably, Aedia refuses.
- Volk ends up bullying Reese into joining his pack, however, at the onset of summer.
- When the new term begins, Reese returns to the University. When the Astoria Pack discovers the presence of one of Volk's people there, they begin to harass and attempt to chase him away. He stays, however, as an agent of Volk's.
- On the night of the Harvest Moon, Volk's pack encounters the Astoria pack while they run, and the conflict stumbles into a clearing where a fraternity bonfire is going on. Someone sets off an incendiary device that unleashes gouts of wolfsbane, and many of the werewolves go Feral, biting people there.
- Aedia and Volk compete to recruit the newly turned werewolves while their conflict continues.
- On the Blood Moon, Volk's pack attacks, and Aedia is killed by an ambitious member of his pack, against his wishes.
- Shortly afterwards, when news that the Monk family of hunters has arrived in Astoria, Volk clears his pack out.
- 2013: xxx.
- Bloodhound: 2-5 Pack; Wits •••, Survival •••. Pack spreads out, scenting the air and looking for someone (or their scent trail). This covers a wider area than normal, as they efficiently and instinctively split the terrain among themselves. Main actor gains Teamwork benefits, and the 9-Agains benefit to his perception or tracking roll.
- Can Opener: 2 Pack; Strength ••, Brawl ••. One member claws back worn or natural armor. First actor makes a Strength + Brawl attack that does not damage, but acts as Teamwork, granting dice to second actor, and negating worn or natural armor against the rest of the group's attacks.
- Dog Pile: 2-4 Pack; Strength •••, Brawl •••. Used against a prone enemy, in which the wolves throw themselves atop him, clawing and biting and preventing him from rising. First actor inflicts no damage, but grants Teamwork dice, split evenly among the others in their attacks; they all also add 1 to their damage if they hit successfully. Target must take a Strength + Athletics action to rise, at a penalty equal to the first actor's Strength, plus one for each additional wolf involved in the tactic's use.
- Take Down: 2-5 Pack; Strength ••, Brawl ••. Used by at least two pack, who hit the target high and low simultaneously. Main actor takes the Leg Sweep attack (-2 penalty), but gains Teamwork benefits, and opponent halves his Defense against the main actor.
Pack Combat Merits
- Vanya: Fighting Finesse (Claws, ••); Relentless Assault (••)
- Victor: Defensive Combat (Brawl, •), Unarmed Defense (•), Efficient Killer (•••)
- Reese: Close Quarters Combat (••), Defensive Combat (Brawl, •), Grappling (•), Unarmed Defense (••); Relentless Assault (•)
- Jerome: Defensive Combat (Brawl, •), Unarmed Defense (•)
- Warner: Defensive Combat (Brawl, •), Unarmed Defense (•)
- Jace: Boxing (••••), Fighting Finesse (Boxing, ••)
Other Pack Resources
- The Randall Books, a collection of journals kept by the Randall lineage of werewolves, with a variety of Rites included in their pages.
Cross Country Coach, Art Teacher, Werewolf
Vanya is a coach and art instructor at University of Astoria, and a werewolf in the Astoria pack. She has admitted to being the one who Bit Warner Pelt on the night of the Bonfire Party, and has vowed to help him in any way she can, whether or not he joins their pack.
Common Locations: University of Astoria (Athletics Center, Forestry Zone), Kaffe
Wildlife Conservation (Sophomore), Werewolf
Victor is a UofAstoria student (part of the PSN fraternity), and a werewolf in the Astoria pack.
Common Locations: PSN Fraternity House, University of Astoria (MERTS Campus, Delphis Hall).
University Freshman (Music Production), Werewolf
Turned during the Bonfire Night full moon, and kidanpped by the Coast Range Pack, Jerome has gotten his freedom from them in recent days. He is now a part of the Astoria pack, learning to control his Feral Wolf.
Common Locations: University of Astoria, the House of Running Water
|Amarissa Randall (Deceased)|
Amarissawas the pack alpha of the Astoria pack, and Aedia's Mother. She was a member of the Black Forest lodge. She was killed a little over a year ago by Volk.
Arc 2: At the start of the Arc we spotted a Wolf spirit that looked exactly Like Amarissa's wolf. We learn that Amarissa had traveled to Astoria because she felt called by the spirits of the Forest. She was seeking to free Talapus, the the Protector of the Clatsop People.
Common Locations: ?
|Aedia Randall (Deceased)|
Aedia was the pack alpha of the Astoria pack, whom the pack has gone to great lengths to protect after her mother - the pack's first Alpha - was killed a little over a year ago by Volk. She was killed during the Hunter's Moon by Volk.
Common Locations: University of Astoria
|Orlando Guerra (deceased)|
Head Librarian, Werewolf
Orlando was the head of the University of Astoria library, and a werewolf in the Astoria pack. He was killed by Donaldo.
Common Locations: University of Astoria (Library), his City Center house
|Martin Dane (Deceased)|
Park Ranger, Werewolf
Martin was a park ranger for Clatsop State Forest, and a werewolf in the Astoria pack. He was killed by Alice and Sasha.
Common Locations: Clatsop State Forest (Astoria Basin; woods or ranger stations therein), Navy Heights apartment.
|Cecil Eversley (Deceased)|
Bartender at the Crossroads. Werewolf
Cecil was one of the werewolves at the Bonfire. Elaine saw him as disemboweled as a wolf and then took photos of him as he transformed back into his human form.
Common Locations: Crossroads, his City Center apartment
Head of Security, Werewolf
Desmond is head of security for University of Astoria, and a werewolf in the Astoria pack.
Common Locations: University of Astoria
Brother (Status ••); Archaeology Major (Junior); Wrestling & Rugby
A young man who was Bitten by the Astoria pack's first alpha, but ended up joining Volk's pack. He is known to have been responsible for Biting Henry Mulgrew. Reese is a good guy: a member of the ATO and a good athlete, a solid low-As student (majoring in Archaeology, with a minor in Mass Communications), he's well-liked by most of the people he knows. Reese plays hooker position in rugby.
• Season One: Reese was revealed to be a member of Volk's pack, and engaged in a shadow war with the Astoria pack. After the Bonfire Night, when he bit Henry, he started to have second thoughts, and was eventually captured by and then rejoined the Astoria pack.
Common Locations: Unknown