From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Rotation Period||25 standard hours|
|Orbital Period||378 local days|
|Atmosphere||Type I (breatheable)|
|Primary Terrain||Ocean, savanna, mountain, grassland, steppes|
|Native Species||Dantari (endangered)|
|Immigrated Species||Humans, Selkath, Chalactans, Sullustans, Ithorians, Duros, Mandalorians, Rodians, Pacithhips|
|Primary Language||Galactic Basic Standard and Dantarian|
|Government||Tribal (Dantarian) • Oligarchy|
• Human 35%
• Dantari 18%
• Other 47%
|Major Cities||Garang (capital), Khoonda, Eol Sha Colony|
|Major Imports||Technology, luxury items|
|Affiliation||Dantaris, Galactic Republic, Jedi Order|
- During the Old Sith Wars, the Galactic Republic began a full-scale colonization campaign on Dantooine. While the Republic by itself had virtually no military on the planet, the settlers were protected by the Jedi Order.
- By at least 3997 BBY, a Jedi training enclave was established by Master Vodo-Siosk Baas, although ruins of an even older Jedi structure could be found on the planet. Many great Jedi of the Great Sith War were trained on Dantooine.
- Bol: Mammal used in the production of milk and for riding. Wild specimens are sometimes hunted for their hides. Long snout, curving horns, rough hide, four legs, thick tail.
- Brith: Airborne mantas frequently seen riding the winds above Dantooine's grasslands and savannahs.
- Carniverous snail: Hand-sized biting snails. Considered pests. Prey on fabools.
- Fabool: Baloon-like creatures often impaled (and deflated) by thorns of the blba tree. Native Dantair often make pouches of their hide.
- Graul: Bipedal top-heavy apex predators. Similar to rancors in size and temperament.
- Huurton: Slender canine creatures with armored backs, long claws. Very aggressive.
- Iriaz: Docile quadripedal horned creatures. Herbivores, but possess claws for defense. Preferred prey for most hunters on Dantooine.
- Kath hound: Quadripedal hooved creatures about the size of a dog. They grow small tusks and are not hostile unless provoked. There is an offshoot known as the horned kath hound that grows large forward-curving horns known for a higher tendency toward violence.
- Kinrath: Species of large, non-sentient arachnoids. Viper kinraths are very venemous and tougher than others of their species. Hive kinraths are subterranean and subservient to a powerful female hive matriarch. Blind, but can sense heat.
- Laigrek: Large predatory insects with six sickle-like legs and gleaming black exoskeletons with red and white undersides. Eel-like heads possess a pair of horns.
- Piket: Large, brontosaurus-like herbivores that move in herds. Slow-moving but quick to defend one another.
- Quenker: Small armored hopping rodent whose jaws secret an acidic bile for defense and eating.
- Sickle-back mantis: Native mantis of particularly sinister appearance.
- Thune: Massive elephantine creatures, with thick grey hide and a pair of long trunks. Their heads have a halo of thin, full ears like a flower's petals, constantly in motion to cool them down.
- Voritor lizard: Two-meter long venemous reptile with a fan-like dorsal spike. Known for charging their prey with incredible speed.
- Blba tree: Fat trunked-trees with scrawny branches. Covered in thorns that occasionally impaled birds and fabools.
- Kibla greens: Nutritious vegetables of a dark green color. Exported all over the galaxy.
- Tritacale: Another exported vegetable whose inclusion enhances the flavors of dishes it is added to.
- Vincha: Small tubercled plants of a white color no larger than a human thumb. Used by the Dantari for its anesthetic properties.
- Yot bean: Legumes frequently exported. They have flavor-enchancing properties similar to the tritacale.