Wine, Waves and War
Theme Song: Tomorrow Never Comes, by VNV Nation
This should be our finest hour.
House V'neef: The youngest of the Dynastic Houses of the Blessed Isle.
V'neef herself is a Dragon-Blooded of exceptional bloodline, a Wood-aspected matriarch at the tender age of sixty. Her house, made up of six Exalted children, their spouses and the few grandchildren sired so far, is tiny but influential. V'neef had the favor of the Scarlet Empress, and was clearly being groomed for something major before the Empress disappeared without a trace.
But V'neef has no illusions: the Scarlet Throne is beyond her grasp. She simply wishes to make sure that she rides the tide well, and maintains the prosperity of her growing house, a sure thing considering its interests. V'neef owns the only vineyards in the Blessed Isle, and the vintage they craft is in high demand. They also have managed to hold on to their Satrapies in the South, and their coffers continue to fill from those endeavors.
But the biggest point of power for the V'neef is also the biggest source of contention among the Great Houses. In effort to shake up the status quo a bit, the Scarlet Empress granted House V'neef control over the Imperial Merchant Navy, a massive trading fleet that oversees the huge majority of commerce between the Blessed Isle and the Threshold. As a result, V'neef coffers overflow dramatically...and the jealousy of the other Great Houses burns brightly.
The characters will begin on the Threshold, tending to the needs of the Satrapies and the Merchant Fleet.
- V'neef Atufu: Wood Aspected Master Vintner and Maker of Babies. Played by A.J. (Wonders)
- V'neef Jiana: Wood Aspected Satrap of the Varang City-States. Played by Link (Locations)
- V'neef Kenet: Fire Aspected Child of Shameful Origins. Played by Mandy (Storyteller Characters)
- V'neef Tatewaki: Water Aspected Bastard of the Admiral. Played by Chillos (Experience Totals)
- V'neef Ashuru: Wood Aspected Legionnaire. Played by Keith (Soundtrack)
- V'neef Aola: Air Aspected Tempestuous Demonologist. Played by Chris (Timeline)
Varang City-States (The South)
- Dragon-Blooded of Varangia
- Notables of the Wizarat
- Personnel of the Scarlet Hall Satrapy
- The 34th Legion, stationed in the Varang City-States
The South (Threshold)
- The Delzahn Empire, also called the the Great Southern hills, from Chiaroscuro along the coast down to the Desert Wall Mountains, just before the Great Desert of the South begins.
- Varang City-States, a vast nation of allied city-states joined by a common culture noted for its caste system, its reliance on astrology and its fascination with clockwork mechanisms. The Varang City-States are one of the few V'neef Satrapies.
- Harborhead, a tribal nation to the north of the Varang City-States. Well known as a nation of cattle-raiders and warlike tribal clans, Harbourhead has an uneasy peace with the Realm. Though the Satrap of Harbourhead has significant legal power, it is still not enough to quell the worship of Ahlat, the Southern God of War and Cattle. His temples - and the elite warrior-priestesses known as the Brides of Ahlat - wield a cultural influence that the Immaculate Philosophy does not dare to attempt to quash.
The Blessed Isle
- The Vineyards, in the Qishi Prefecture, the closest thing the V'neef have to a home province.
- V'neef Wing of the Imperial Palace, Imperial City
- Wine, Waves and War Character Creation Rules
- The Imperial Year, a look at the social and institutional calendar of the Great Houses
- The Spiral Academy, an examination of the Academy and how it operates
- The Thousand Scales, a look at some of the Ministries that make up the Thousand Scales
- Betrothal Rules, for establishing betrothals for Dynastic children
- Abscissic Mechanics for bound demons
- Imperial Heraldry Colors, for the House colors of the Great Houses
- Yozi Hierarchy
- Imperial Legions