"Quote goes here." - Whosaid
Work in progress
- Menga Krits was discovered and taken by the Jedi very young
- was a youngling with Viebbas
- chosen by Jedi Master Siflwyn (squib) to become his padawan
- Siflwyn preferred to spend his time in remote regions of the Outer Rim, often dealing with and becoming ensnared in unraveling criminal schemes, he was both loved and hated by the hutts depending on which hutt's planes he'd derailed and as a result emboldened their rivals
- Menga had a pet blarth he named Rupert
- by the time the Jedi purge had reached them, Siflwyn had already concocted a reasonably viable and backed up account surrounding the death of himself and his padawan at the hands of an allied hutt on Vodran. But the hutt he had conspired with betrayed him, handing him over to the Empire in exchange for money and favors. The hutt guaranteed Siflwyn's cooperation in the betrayal by still keeping Menga a secret from the Imperials, claiming to have already killed the padawan - and presented some other poor gungan the hutt had murdered as part of the farce. The Imperials accepted the story and executed Siflwyn immediately upon acquisition from the hutt.
- the hutt likely intended to keep Menga as a slave, sport, curio or something to barter, but whatever their plans, they were never allowed to come to fruition as Menga and numerous other prisoners escaped when an angry trio of bounty hunters bombed the hutt's home
- Menga, now going by the name Bol Zu - spent years on Vodran, he and a fellow escapee, a rodian named Gil found work in a warehouse, then they were managing a series of warehouses, then smuggling through a larger series of warehouses, then managing the accounts of the warehouses owners, while still using them to smuggle goods, then scamming the accounts and smuggling goods, then pulling off their biggest scam, marrying Gil into the family they'd been scamming over the years.
- Then Gil exposed everything he and Bol had been doing for years to his new mother-in-law, pinning it all on Bol.
- Bol stole a ship and fled Vodran
- Bol's new ship was boarded and stolen and he was recruited as a pirate after convincing their captain he was exceedingly more valuable as a crew member than he was as space flotsam
- Bol wormed his way into becoming the pirate captain's first mate
- during a mutiny, the captain was killed and Bol escaped with his pet blarth, Rupert II, into an escape pod that landed on an unknown swamp planet (Marca)
- after fleeing from a tribe of primitive spear wielding lizards (sekct) that ate Rupert II, Bol was discovered and captured by Dynamic Synergetics forces from their hyperbaride synthesis plant.
- he convinced them that he was an important Naboo diplomat escaped from pirates and that they should contact his embassy to arrange his return home and their GENEROUS reward
- then he stole a ship and fled
- he made his way to the moon Nar Shaddaa, sold the ship, bought a new blarth, and was enjoying a brief respite at a cantina while considering his next move when Panopticon bounty hunters jumped him
- he was taken prisoner on their ship and they headed offworld, orphaning poor Rupert III
Weapons & Gear
Encumbrance Threshold: xx/xx
Equipped: resplendent robes, lightsaber (curved hilt [Defensive +1], hilt masking kit [Fail 4], superior, ilum crystal [Crit -1], Dam +2), scanner goggles, SH-9 slugthrower pistol, cutlass
Carried: comlink, breathmask, datapad, handscanner, binders, 2x stimpaks
Stored (on ship): xxx
Smuggler • Captain of the Gladius
A man who used to work for the Hutts, you knew Suldane by reputation originally, and then befriended him two years ago. He was part of a liberation raid of a Hutt slave camp that recruited your old ship's crew for help: they could raid the vaults, while he freed the slaves. He's got a reputation as being willing to do what it takes to liberate people from slavery, despite knowing that there's nothing he can do about slavery as an institution. He's stubborn, charismatic, and a daredevil.
An Umbaran cyborg, Daella was freed from slavery by Maris, and has been at his side ever since. He considers her something of a daughter figure, and she considers his crusade essential enough to continually risk her own life on his behalf, which drives him crazy. She is a fierce hand with a vibrosword.
Mechanic & CoPilot of the Gladius
The chadra-fan Tanzee is Suldane's friend and co-pilot. It was Tanzee who originally saved him from slavery at the hands of the Hutts, absent-mindedly tinkering his shock-collar free. In return, he led the revolt and secured them a ship, and has fought to make sure that Tanzee and folk like her do not suffer under the yoke of Hutt slavery any longer than he has the ability to ensure.