From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Spend a point of Willpower to:
- Gain a +3 dice to a test. Because this reflects a character bending their efforts towards success, the character must be aware of the test in some way. (As such, breaking point checks do not qualify for this, nor do checks to notice something unless the player has stated the character is being deliberately watchful.)
- Gain +2 to a static Resistance Attribute (Resolve, Composure, Stamina) anytime that trait is being subtracted from a dice pool by an opposing figure of some kind.
A character can recover Willpower in one of several ways:
- By resting for a full night's sleep. This recovers one Willpower.
- By fulfilling the conditions for invoking their Virtue. This recovers all Willpower. This may be done once per game session.
- By fulfilling the conditions for invoking their Vice. This recovers one Willpower. This may be done once per scene.
- If you achieve a significant goal or perform an impressive feat.
- If you resolve an Aspiration during a scene, recover one Willpower.
- If you gain an exceptional success that doesn't grant a condition or any other benefit, you may recover one Willpower.
- Recover all Willpower at the end of a chapter.