"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Born at the edge of the Daltes, in an agricultural community.
- When she was 12, as the Ascension War came to a close, she found the site of a skirmish. She was drawn to it by the sounds of something shrieking in pain. She discovered that it was a beautiful courser, terribly injured in battle, and its rider - the famed paladin Sir Eratain of the Dawn - dead.
- Martinique cared for the horse, bringing it back to health despite her fellow villagers insisting that it ought to be killed. Fortunately, she was altogether too stubborn to give up on the animal, who turned out to be a Valexi, with a long history of serving as a mount for Lathandran paladins. Indeed, he himself is one of the faithful.
- For some odd reason, the horse stayed with her, eventually guiding her into a vocation with the church of Lathander.
- When she took her oaths to the church, Gloaming stayed with her, much to the interest of the church's elders. In time, she became a knight-chaplain of the church of Lathander.
- Martinique Knighthood Chapterhouses
- Creed of the Beacon
- Knights of the Beacon
- Maximum # of Prepared Spells: 8 paladin, 12 cleric
- Spells per Day: Cantrips: 5 • 1st: 4 • 2nd: 3 • 3rd: 3 • 4th: 3 • 5th: 2 • 6th: 1 • 7th: 1
- Magic Ability: Charisma (Paladin), Wisdom (Cleric)
Spells marked with one asterix (*) are Domain Spells; those marked with two asterixes (**) are Oath Spells; those marked with a cross (+) are rituals.
- Cleric Spells (12/13): Saving Throw DC: 16 • Spell Attack Mod: +8
- Cantrips: guidance, light*, sacred flame, spare the dying, thaumaturgy
- First Level: burning hands*, faerie fire*, sanctuary
- Second Level: flaming sphere*, scorching ray*, prayer of healing, spiritual weapon, warding bond
- Third Level: beacon of hope, daylight*, dispel magic, fireball*, revivify, sending, spirit guardians
- Fourth Level: divination, guardian of faith*, wall of fire*
- Fifth Level: flame strike*, mass cure wounds, raise dead, scrying*
- Paladin Spells (8/8): Saving Throw DC: 18 • Spell Attack Mod: +10
- First Level: compelled duel, cure wounds, entangling strike**, heroism, protection from evil and good, shield of faith, speak with animals**+
- Second Level: aid, find steed, misty step**, moonbeam**, zone of truth
- Shelter of the Faithful: Called upon to offer ceremonies and services at a temple or shrine, may call upon faith for aid, can receive free healing, care and religious services.
- Divine Sense: Know location of any celestial, fiend, fey, or undead, and presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated w/i 60'; may use (Cha bonus +1 per day)
- Lay on Hands: Gain a pool of [Paladin Level x5] points. Heal by touch, spending 1pt/hit point. Spend 5 pts to cure disease or neutralize poison. Does not affect undead or constructs.
- Fighting Style: Defense: +1 AC when in armor
- Divine Smite: When striking a creature, may expend a spell slot to inflict 2d8 radiant damage + 1d8 radiant damage for each spell level above 1st. Add +1d8 if target is undead or fiendish.
- Divine Health: Immune to disease.
- Oath Spells: ensnaring strike, speak with animals • moonbeam, misty step
- Extra Attack: When taking an Attack action, may attack twice.
- Aura of Protection: Self and allies within 10' gain bonus to saving throws equal to Charisma bonus as long as still conscious
- Light Domain Spells: Cantrips (light); 1st (burning hands, faerie fire); 3rd (flaming sphere, scorching ray); 5th (daylight, fireball); 7th (guardian of faith, wall of fire); 9th (flame strike, scrying)
- Warding Flare: As a reaction, may impose disadvantage on an attacker with a flash of light. Creatures that cannot be blinded are immune. Can be used (Wis mod) times per day. May use to aid a creature within 30' as well.
- Ritual Casting: Can cast prepared clerical spells ritually if they have the ritual tag.
- Channel Divinity: May use a Channel Divinity effect 2/rest.
- Potent Spellcasting: Add Wisdom bonus to cantrip damage
- Divine Intervention: (Level)% chance of gaining divine favor. Can mimic any cleric spell or domain spell if successful.
May use a Channel Divinity Effect 2/rest
- Nature's Wrath: An an action, cause spectral vines to spring up and reach for a creature within 10' that you can see. Creature must make a Strength or Dexterity save or be restrained. While restrained, may repeat save each turn; breaks free on a success.
- Radiance of the Dawn: As an action, present holy symbol. Dispels any magical darkness within 30'. Each hostile creature within 30' must make a Constitution save or take 2d10 + (cleric level) radiant damage (save for half). A creature with total cover is protected.
- Turn the Faithless: Utter ancient words that are painful for fey and fiends to hear. Each fey and fiend within 30' must make a Wisdom save. If it fails, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage. Must spend its turns trying to escape, can't willingly move to a space within 30'. Will use Dash actions to escape, or Dodge actions if it can't go any further. Additionally, if the creature's true form is concealed by illusion, shapeshifting or other effects, its true form is revealed while it is turned.
- Turn Undead: As an action, present holy symbol. Each undead within 30' must make a Wisdom save. If it fails, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage. Must spend its turns trying to escape, can't willingly move to a space within 30'. Will use Dash actions to escape, or Dodge actions if it can't go any further. Undead of CR 1 or lower are destroyed instead.
- Heavy Armor Master (4th): Increase Strength by +1 • When wearing heavy armor, reduce bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage from non-magical weapons by 3.
- Mounted Combatant (8th): While mounted: Advantage on melee attacks vs unmounted creatures smaller than mount • Force an attack targeted at mount to target me • Mount forced to make Dexterity save to take half damage on a failed save, none on a successful save
- Coinage: 81 copper, 86 silver, 9 electrum, 436 gold, 5 platinum
- Stored in Malnova: 0 cp, 0 sp, 0 ep, 7400 gp, 0 pp
- Party Fund: 4000 gp
- Gems: 5 diamonds (300 gp ea), 2 diamonds (500 gp ea)
- Worn Magic Items:
- sword of burning (attuned)
- gauntlets of ogre power (Str 19; attuned)
- ring of animal influence (silver, with small green gem carved as frog)
- sentinel shield (adv on initiative & Perception)
- dwarven plate (House Glitterbeard; +2 AC; reduce forced movement by 10')
- potions of healing: x4
- holy water: x4 (2d6 radiant vs undead)
- Extra Magic Item
- daggers +1
- alchemical copper splint mail +1 (requires attunement)
- Solaris (requires attunement)
- Stored (Malnova)
Sword of Burning
- Damage caused by strikes can only be healed through long or short rest.
- 1/turn may declare a Burning attack. This causes that creature to take 1d4 radiant damage at the start of each of its turns.
- Multiple invocations stack. After damage is suffered, creature may make a DC 15 Constitution save to end all wounding effects.
- Creature or allies may also take a DC 15 Medicine action to end all wounding effects.
- Carried: Adventurer's kit, bedroll, travelers' clothes (x3), holy symbol of Lathander (given by elder in faith, blue/yellow stone), Quarrels (40) in case, holy water (x4), healing kit x2
- Stored: x
Modest (1 gp/day).
Large beast, lawful good
- Armor Class: 11 or 16 (Half Plate barding)
- Hit Points: 25 (3d10 + 3)
- Speed: 60 ft
Str 18 (+4) Dex 12 (+1) Con 13 (+1) Int 8 (-1) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 7 (-2)
- Senses: Passive Perception 11
- Languages: -
- Challenge: 1/2 (100 xp)
- Paladin's Mount: Gloaming can use the thaumaturgy cantrip.
- Trampling Charge: If Gloaming moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature right before hitting it with a hooves attack, the target must succeed on a DC 14 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the horse can take a bonus action to make another attack with its hooves against the target.
- Hooves: Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5ft, one target.
- Hit: 2d6+4 bludgeoning damage
- Has a younger sister who is xxx.
- Being trained as a knight by Martinique.
- breastplate +2, blue color scheme, shapechanging in form
- dagger +1
Knights of the Beacon Chapterhouse, Katrica City
- Novice Office & Hall: An outward hall intended to be the public face of the Order. The office is always occupied by a pair of knights, ready to speak on behalf of the Order to visitors, to accompany them within, or to rouse other knights to deal with emergencies. Beyond that door is a gathering-hall for novices to the Order, and several washrooms. A set of stairs leads to the Novice barracks above. Usually overseen by the Master of Novices.
- Entry & Guard Room: The entry to the keep is over a drawbridge that spans the river-moat, with three portculli: one at each entrance, and another in the center. An entry to the adjacent guard room is a the back of the hall, with a spiral staircase that leads to the Guards' Hall above.
- Stables: The stables here are tended by the Master of Horse and his assistant Novices.
- Armory: In the center of the courtyard, the single-story armory building is where arms and armor are stored. It is overseen by the Master at Arms.
- Servants & Shed: A two-room servants quarters, with a tower chamber for the Order's Cook.
- Chapel: A chapel dedicated to Lathander, with a door that opens onto the courtyard, and available for anyone to use, save when it is being used for a knightly vigil.
- War Room: A room intended for the purpose of gathering the senior knights of the Order to discuss their goals and missions.
- Office: An office for one of the senior members of the Order.
- Library: The Order's modest library, stocked with various manuals, history books, etc.
- Foyer: A central foyer that opens onto the courtyard. Decorated with the shields of fallen members of the Order.
- Gardens & Postern Gate: The back gardens are planted with flowers, and walkways. There is also a postern gate with a short set of stairs down to a modest dock tied with a couple of small river boats.
- Pantry & Well Room: The pantry stores, with shelves high up off the floor and ground-level loaded up with crates, bags, and barrels. There is a small side room with well access, and a staircase down to the cellars.
- Kitchen & Larder: The kitchen is staffed by servants responsible for preparing the meals for the keep.
- Novice Barracks: A long hall laden with bunk-beds intended as communal sleeping space for the Order's novices. It has a small balcony that looks out on the river and the city.
- Stables Hayloft: Above the stables is a hay loft, accessed by a staircase that leads up the outside of the stables.
- Guards' Hall: The knights on duty as guards are barracked here, providing them easy access to the guard chambers below. There is also a spiral staircase that leads up to the guard's walk above.
- Servant Dorm: A large dormitory, with a small tower quarters for the keep's Chamberlain.
- Solar & Offices: Just off the Great Hall is a Solar, set up salon-style as an informal gathering spot to host guests or allow the senior knights of the order to gather. Two doors lead to offices for two of the Order's senior officers.
- Great Hall: A large two-story chamber with a massive hearth at one end. A balcony looks down on it from the Marshall's Outer Office above, as well as a gallery opposite it. A single table acts as a high table for guests and senior knights, and another, larger trestle table for the rest of the knights in the Order. Squires serve at the table, though Novices take that duty once a week.
- Knights' Salon: A gathering social spot for the knights of the Order.
- Servery: Food from the kitchens below are brought up to here and staged for meals before being brought up to the Great Hall.
- Squires Barracks & Bath: The barracks for squires who are either housed in the keep, or for visiting squires.
- Guard Hall: The topmost barracks space for the keep's guards.
- Watch Tower & Wall Walk: The top of the walls have a soldier's walk, and a watch tower.
- Marshall's Offices: x
- Gallery: x
- Barracks & Bath: x
- Marshall's Suite: A suite accessed by the spiral staircase from the Marshall's offices below. The central chamber is appointed for entertaining, with a pair of doors that lead to a bedroom and a baths, with an in-floor bathing tub.
- Officers' Wing: A wing with three bed chambers, intended to house officers of the Order. It also connects to a large baths for the use of those officers.
Solaris, the Golden Sword
- Longsword +2. Requires attunement
- beacon p143 but light is true sunlight (keep in mind that everything in Manix is considered to suffer from sunlight sensitivity against true sunlight - the wielder is unaffected, but unfortunately her friends are)
- Additional 1d8 radiant damage to fey, elementals, primordials/aberrations, hiklos, undead, demons, devils, daemons and creatures of the Shadowfell
- Increases spell DC & spell attack rolls by +2
- Each die of healing spells gains a +2.
- Lay on Hands pool calculated as (Paladin Level x7)
- Improved darkvision 120' and can see through magical darkness.
- Advantage on all fear and charm effects by undead, fiends and creatures of the Dark Infinity
- Bearer cannot knowingly tell a lie.
- Cannot end the life of one who is innocent of bloodshed (they can still hack them down, but the blow that would normally kill will only incapacitate them (hp = zero).
- Solaris was terribly weakened by the Folly, but like Vanguard...he remembers - and being wielded by one who is worthy and returned to the world, he is likely to grow stronger again.
- Intelligent. Voiced by John Cleese.
- Solaris has some goals of his own for his bearer:
- She is to find the lost true descendant of Daltes, of Efalia's bloodline and make them monarch
- She is to depose the false Steward
- She is also to establish (or reestablish) a knightly order that is led by morality, not kings.
- She is to restore the true sun to the sky and banish Shar's "blessing" from the world.