Dark Room Vivian Blackstone
- 1976: Events of Maple Shade
- 1977: x
- 1978: x
- 1979: x
- 1980: Mt. St. Helens erupts.
- 1981: Vivian Dies of lung cancer
- 1982: x
- 1983: x
- 1984: Surprise bitch!
- Virtue: Uplifting. Regain all spent Willpower when you motivate or uplift someone.
- Vice: Selfish. Regain one spent Willpower when you look out for number one.
- find out what has happened to my friends and family
- Learn more about The Ladder
- Learn more about the Astral Realm and the creature I met there
- Understand the Salon
wits/investigation rolls: 3 successes: 11
- Possessions: paintings, art supplies, art books
- Weapons: service pistol
- The Serene Nook: Meditation Alcove. A small comfortable, sound-neutral space perfect for meditation, granting a +2 equipment bonus to meditation rolls.
- The Evocatory Patten: Perfected Item •• (Path Tool). A pentacle Path tool crafted of siderite, aligned with Pandemonium. It grants a +2 tool Yantra bonus to spells concerning strengthening or protecting.
- The Flickering Pendant: Mana Battery •••. A garnet pendant set in blackened pewter. It is a mana battery •••, capable of holding up to six points of Mana. The more Mana within it, the brighter the flickering glow in the heart of the pendant.
- The Theater of Umbral Wisdoms: Grimoire •••. A spinning shadow theater whose shadows projected on the wall include Atlantean runes that are the formulae for a series of rotes. Rotes:
- Mental Scan (Mind •, Empathy)
- Isolation (Space •, Subterfuge)
- Dream Reaching (Mind ••, Socialize)
- Break Boundary (Space ••, Stealth)
- Read the Depths (Mind •••, Investigation)
- Co-Location (Space •••, Stealth)
- Other Notes: x
- Soul Stone
- psychic friends network
- .38 Special DMG 2 Range 20/40/80 Capacity 6
Under the effects of:
- machine invisibility - 24 hours - machines do not recognize us (constructs too) - supernatural detections invoke clash of wills (five dice)
- Mental Shield (1 day)
- Incognito Presence (1 week)
condition: attuned- when using mage sight get a +2 bonus - whenever used condition is resolved, take a beat
- Striking Looks 2
- Japanese 1
- Meditative Mind 2
- Barfly 2
- Trained Observer 3
- Table Turner
- False Identity 2
- The Dark Room 5
- Dream 2 - Once per chapter, char can dig in dreams for answers to primordial truths
- Supernal Watcher 2 - rank 1 entity, when you attempt to summon only requires 5 successes instead of 10, when activating mage sight can spend 1 pt of will to have it be present (casting path tool yantra  for Mind casting)
- High Speech 1
Dark Room Paintings
The paintings that Viv does as a mage, using the strange black powder of the Dark Room, have the potential for use as magical sacraments.
Opacity: 2 • In order to begin to scrutinize the Mystery, the viewer must have one of Viv's paintings before them, and have an Expression •• (Painting).
Surface Information: This is the result of any successful Revelation test done before the Mystery's Opacity has been unraveled completely.
- The painting was created by Viv, shortly before.
- No specific Arcana were used in its making, but it somehow resonates very strongly with them. The painting isn't itself magical, so much as it is the result of magic.
Deep Information: This is the result of a successful Revelation test done after the Mystery's Opacity has been unraveled completely.
- Ritual Creations. Viv is capable of creating a painting as part of a spellcasting ritual. This requires the use of newly-mixed paint using the dust of the Dark Room (technically, the void outside of the Archway).
- This acts as a spellcasting Yantra of +2, and the resulting painting has a Strong sympathetic connection to Viv as well as any target of the spell in question. This ritual spellcasting cannot be cooperative.
- Sacramental Functions. If she wishes, Viv may tap into the creative power she has invested in one of her black powder paintings. The painting must have some kind of symbolic resonance with the spell being cast, up to and including its sympathetic connection (which means that all of Viv's paintings can be used if she is the target of the spell).
- Creating Paintings. Viv is assumed to create a number of these paintings per week of downtime equal to her Expression (not all her work qualifies) if that is all she does, or only a single painting per week if she spends it doing other things.
- If she makes a painting during on-screen time, she may make a Dif 2 Wits + Expression (Painting) test to successfully craft one.
- Additionally, any paintings she creates as part of a Ritual Creations (above) ritual qualify for Sacramental Functions.
Friends and Family
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Money: knows how to make "starving artist" look like "Bohemian Grande Dame"
- Clothing & Jewelry: Caftans, scarves, fascinators, big jewelry
- Communication: phone, in person
- Food: basic when not entertaining
- Housing: art and scarves and beaded curtains, incense always burning
- Days: whatever
- Evenings: she wants
Group Portrait (Viv, Harry, Carol, Rose, Natalie, Chua)