Born to a merchant family on Corellia, Dash Obrim was not discovered by the Jedi Order until he was four years old. Obrim Enterprises, the family business, specialized in shipping and logistics along the Corellian Run and the Perlemian Trade Route. Time spent onboard the family's space transports account for why the Jedi did not locate Dash at an earlier age.
A childhood spent among the machines, hanger bays and starships of Obrim Enterprises, memories now lost but skills imprinted, explain why Dash has a natural aptitude for Mechanics. The industrious Corellian culture also influenced the young boy: from a young age Inner Core kids raised by Corellian families play with toy gears and cogs, learn from with physical puzzles and tinker with construction sets made for the youngest of children. Thus did Dash begin to learn the fundamentals of construction, measurements and the properties of different materials, training that continued once Dash joined the Jedi Order: he is often seen on the engineer deck and hanger bays, running errands for engineers and assisting Jedi artificers.
At the Jedi Academy, Dash gained a reputation for stopping bullies, befriending outcasts and other protective tendencies (like keeping friends out of trouble, or getting them out of trouble once in). He can be at times exhaustively fastidious, obsessively focused and, most of all, prone to fits of rage when provoked. Rage collides with intentions: he can at times be a bully to other bullies.
His educators know him as a great student when the subject matter interests him and being unmanageable when it does not. Fortunately, his interests lie in being a defensive swordsman, mechanical aptitude, feats of great athletics, disciplined willpower, and all aspects of The Force. Prone to perpetual training and athletic exercise, Dash does not understand why his tutors reject emotion when passion promotes such great focus.
Dash knows his history at least when it comes to legends of ancient battles and secrets of the force. He supplements his study with extracurricular holovids about wars and conflicts long forgotten, occasionally running across historical accounts in his research.
The young Padawan is not very creative in the artistic sense or particularly apt in forming a strategic game plan for offense, but he is risk-averse and ever vigilant, always watching for the fastest escape route, defensive positions and likely avenues of enemy approach. Dash never sits with his back to the door. He always knows the location of the nearest escape pod and medical facility. While not particularly perceptive, his Vigilance casts a wide view for dangers, threats and maximum strategic and tactical defense.
When not doing extra training, willpower concentration exercises or watching his holovids, Dash volunteers for "hall monitor duty" to watch over his fellow students, emergency evacuation training and late-night mess hall duty where he reconstructs and reenacts famous battle scenes using overturned tables, chairs and strategically placed furniture.
- Familiar With Tech
- Motivation: Ambition
- Specific Type: Expertise (Defensive Guardian & Defensive Tech)
- Strengths: Bravery and Curiosity
- Weaknesses: Anger and Obsession
- Positive: Driven, Disciplined, Risk-Averse
- Negative: Fastidious, Temper, Unrulable
Weapons & Gear
- Encumbrance Threshold: 8 (5 + Brawn)
- Current Encumbrance: 5 (Jedi Armored Robes, Jedi Concealing Robes, Pride Saber, Vundra Edai's Saber)
- Pride Saber (Standard Lightsaber): 4/5 HP • Dam 6 • Crit 3 • Breach 1, Sunder • Encumbrance 1
- Attachments: Sorian Crystal: When you use Parry against a foe with a lightsaber powered by this crystal, you gain a +1 Boost Die to your next attack against them. Potential Mods: Damage +1 (x3), Disorient +1 (x1), Innate Talent: Parry +1 (x1) (4 HP)
- Attachments NOT Installed: Blue Ilum Crystal (Vicious +1 [0/2] • Damage +1 [0/4] • Crit -1 [1/1])
- Dash's Shield: 2/4 HP • Dam 0 • Crit 5 • Defensive 1, Deflection 2, Knockdown • Encumbrance 0 (Reduced by Weapon Sling)
- Attachment: Weapon Sling: Reduce Enc. by 1 • Quick Draw mod (1 HP)
- Attachment: Stimpack Dispenser: Carry 4 Stimpacks • Quick Draw mod (1 HP)
- Vundra Edai's Saber (Standard Lightsaber): 3/5 HP • Dam 9 • Crit 2 • Breach 1, Sunder • Encumbrance 1
- Attachments: Superior Hilt: Superior Quality (Dam +1 and gain free Advantage) (1 HP)
- Attachments: Adegan Focus (Dam +2 and Concussive 1) (2 HP)
Reduce the Encumbrance of worn garments by 3. Total garment Encumbrance: 3 (Armored Robes and Concealing Robes)
- Basic Padawan's Uniform: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0 The padawn's uniform is a basic tunic and breeches, in brown and dun coloration.
- Jedi Armored Robes: Def 1 • Soak 2 • Enc 5 • HP 2 Armored Robes are durable, hard-wearing robes draped over standard sue Jedi tunic and pants which are upgraded with plasteel plates that provide heavy battle armor protection.
- Concealing Robes: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0 A deep hooded, flowing over-robe that hides the identity of the wearer, inflicting a to those attempting to identify or notice the wearer. These can be worn over the padawan's uniform or the training garb.
- Padawan Training Garb (Not Worn): Def 0 • Soak 2 • Enc 4/6 • HP 0 The standard padawan uniform is a heavy-duty padded armor, and bulky arm and leg armor. They train strength, especially when worn with inserted weights on arms, legs, and chest (Encumbrance 6). Young padawans are often expected to wear the bulky suits constantly for their first year or so.
Jedi Utility Belt
This utility belt is standard issue for all Jedi. It is a wide belt with a clip for a lightsaber on the left side, a variety of precise containers for the standard issue equipment (noted below), and a variety of small but secure pouches along the back of it. It increases a Jedi's Encumbrance threshold by 1.
- A99 Aquata Breather: Enc 0 A small device that uses tiny tanks of supercompressed oxygen and built-in filtrations to allow the user to breathe in harsh environments, including underwater, in space, and in noxious gas.
- Jedi Beacon Transceiver: Enc 0 A small encoded subspace receiver beacon with a display screen and communications transceiver. It can receive broadcasts from the Jedi Beacon in the Temple on Coruscant, or from other Jedi Beacon Transceivers. A Jedi can quickly transmit an Emergency Code Nine-Thirteen, to any beacon transceiver in range, calling for immediate assistance.
- Lightsaber Maintenance Kit: Enc 2 A small multitool for electronics work. It qualifies as a tool kit for the purpose of making Mechanics tests, and grants an automatic to all rolls to repair or build lightsabers.
- SoroSuub Corporation Hush-98 Personal Comlink: Enc 0 A handheld communications device that allows vocal transmission and reception. It is equipped with variable frequencies, encoding, a locator, silence projectors that create a field of white noise around the user (allowing for private conversations) and can also be used to transmit complex data by connecting it to other devices. Those assigned to Jedi are set up to access the secure frequencies used by the Jedi Order, and to transmit using the encrypted protocols used by the Order (which are updated every time one of these comlinks is brought near a Jedi cruiser or similar ship). They have a range of 100 km, though all Jedi cruisers and larger ships have significant boosters to expand that range tenfold, and many planets with a strong Jedi presence have satellites in orbit that provide orbital and planetary range for the little devices.
- SoroSuub Corporation Imagecaster Holoprojector: Enc 0 A small circular holoprojector with small arms that can be used to stand it on level surfaces. It holds up to 100 minutes of holo recordings, and can be used to play or record holo recording, though it cannot be send or receive images. It can, however, be connected to other transmission devices (including the Hush-98) to do so. These are usually loaded with holomaps of destinations where Jedi are being sent on mission.
- Stimpacks (4): Enc 0 Simple injectors with several doses of a medical cocktail that includes stimulants, anti-inflammatories, coagulants, and similar ingredients. Each use of one (which takes a Maneuver) heals 5 wounds, minus one wound per additional stimpack the user has already injected that day.
- Survival Rations: Enc 0 Capsules with super-charged nutrient compounds. Each utility belt carries 30 capsules.
- Other Equipment: Datapad
Holocron: Dhell Gosall
- Skills: Athletics, Mechanics • Knowledge (Lore). You are considered to have both of these Skills as Career Skills for the entire time you are actively engaged in study of this holocron.
- Powers: Enhance, Suppress. You may reduce the cost to purchase the Basic ability of one of these Powers by 5 XP. You may gain this benefit for the purchase of only one of the Powers.
- Special: Unknown • Holocron XP Spent: 40/60
- Unlocked Talents (2/3): Force Protection (10xp) • Inventor (15xp)
- Unlocked Skills (1/1): Knowledge (Lore)
- Unlocked Secrets (0/1): x
- History: Dhel Gosall was well-renowned in his day for his mechanical skills. He often labored in his laboratories, which varied from place to place, at least until his work defending those who were in danger was called upon. He often lent his skill with machinery to his wards' safety, ensuring they were well-prepared and adequately equipped with what they needed to improve their chances of survival. In his later years, he was often a guest speaker at the Corellian Academy of Engineering.
- Personality: Battle-scarred and prone to fits of hermit-like solitude, Master Dhel Gosall believes that only the Work is worth focusing on. He gave his everything to all he did, though his one weakness was Corellian opera.
- Rumors: It is said that the Corellian University of Engineering has a databank of unique blueprints for a wide variety of Master Dhel's works, conferred to them and made accessible to any of his students who come bearing the passcodes.
Racial Experience: 120 XP (includes +10 from Morality)
Starting Experience Expenditures:
- +1 Willpower: 30 XP
- +1 Willpower: 40 XP
- +1 Brawn: 30 XP
- Soresu Defender Talent (Parry): 5 XP
- Soresu Defender Talent (Defensive Stance): 5 XP
- Force Power (Enhance): 10 XP
- Total: 120
Sept. 23 Game Session Experience (15 XP):
- Protector Specialization: 10 XP
- Protector Talent (Body Guard): 5 XP
Feb. 7 Game Session Experience (15 XP):
- Knowledge (Education): 5 XP
- Protector Talent (Physician) (Tier 2): 10 XP
Feb. 21 Game Session Experience (15 XP):
- Banked/Saved Exp: 5 XP
- Protector Talent (Parry) (Tier 2): 10 XP
March 6 Game Session Experience (15 XP):
- Protector Talent (Reflect) (Tier 3): 15 XP
March 20 Game Session Experience (10 XP):
- Banked/Saved Exp: 10 XP
April 3 Game Session Experience (20 XP):
- Protector Talent (Circle of Shelter) (Tier 4) 20XP
- Skill (Mechanics 1): 5XP from Banked XP (Tuvant Holocron XP)
- Skill (Mechanics 2): 10XP from Banked XP (Tuvant Holocron XP)
April 17 Game Session Experience (25 XP):
- Force Power (Seek): 5XP (Holocron Discount and Tuvant Holocron XP)
- Force Power (Sense): 10XP
- Force Power Upgrade Sense Control (Tier 2): 10XP
May 15 Game Session Experience (10 XP):
- Force Power Enhance Control Upgrade (Force Leap): 10XP (Gosall Holocron XP)
May 29 Game Session Experience (10 XP):
- Skill (Athletics 2): 10XP (Gosall Holocron XP)
June 12 Game Session Experience (10 XP):
- Banked/Saved Exp: 10 XP
June 26 Game Session Experience (10 XP):
- Force Power Enhance Control Upgrade (Vertical Leap): 10XP (Gosall Holocron XP)
- Force Power Enhance Range Upgrade (Leap Range): 10XP from Banked XP (Gosall Holocron XP)
July 24 Game Session Experience (20 XP):
- Skill (Athletics 3): 15XP (Gosall Holocron XP)
- Force Power (Suppress): 5 XP (Holocron Discount and Gosall Holocron XP)
The knight Vundra Edai is an artist, first and foremost. To him, the fact that fewer and fewer Jedi seek to truly master the lightsaber arts now that they aren't used in open conflict is a tragedy; he believes that only divorced from actual battle can the lightsaber styles truly rise to the level of an actual art form. He is impressed with your skill at the lightsaber, and seeks to foster in you a respect for the many Forms of the lightsaber art.