Born: June 11, 1991
Jace transferred to the University of Astoria last year from DePaul University in Chicago. He had been a freshman in DePaul's Driehaus College of Business, but an interest in green industry, especially renewable energy technology, drew him to the emerging scene in Astoria. He continues to pursue a business degree but also dabbles in environmental and marine engineering.
His looks and somewhat aloof allure quickly made him a fixture in the school's party scene, and it didn't hurt that he always had money, drugs, and alcohol to share when he saw fit. It became clear to many, however, that Jace came from a background of privilege, and no one seemed to meet his standards for anything more than passing acquaintance. By the end of his first year, Jace made few friends and yet everyone knew him.
A few have noted that Jace puts much stock in his possessions, and his dorm room is filled with high end electronics and designer furniture and clothing. He intends to replace his aging silver blue Mustang with a cherry red Ducati Superbike this year. After spending the summer in Astoria to fit a few extra classes in, Jace realized that he has outgrown his dorm room, so he is also on the hunt for an off campus apartment.
Outside of classes and partying, Jace spends a lot of time at the gym honing his physique. He was on the swim team in high school and continues to hit the pool, though he no longer competes. He also boxes, but not with much dedication. Jace finds the ocean comforting, and he sometimes goes crabbing with a few other interested students and faculty members, a group organized by the Dean of Students Tessa Edmonton on her boat The Rain Maid.
- Virtue: Generosity: Although he has had little practice in virtue, Jace finds fulfillment in giving freely to others the things he covets. He is especially drawn to those who have little of their own and come from poverty-stricken backgrounds, which he takes great pains to hide.
- Vice: Superiority: When things really aren't going well, Jace's surest source of solace lies in affirming that he is a person deserving of a status above others. Often, he acts this out through sexual domination, choosing someone he previously rejected to now receive their much desired night. They receive instead a night of sexual humiliation, verbal abuse, and degradation so that they learn they should never have presumed they could have him in the first place.
- Become a member of the Vault
- Remove Harris Clayton from Volk's influence
- Recruit more cam boys
- Have his relationship with Reese outed to the pack (Josh)
- Be accepted into the Cult of the Gibbous Moon
- Be accepted into the Lodge of the Bull
- Breaking Points:
- Passing responsibility off to someone's detriment
- Injuring someone who is threatening his status
- Seeing sexual assault
- Being held down with cologne-like odors present
- Seeing a child in distress who is alone
- Possessions: High end electronics including a laptop and tablet, designer everything, a brand new cherry red Ducati Superbike, and Henry Mulgrew's Harley.
- Weapons: Looks, fists, and scorn
- Other Notes:
Friends and Family
Family seems to be a sore spot. All Jace ever says when pressed is that he intends to make a name for himself, leading many to believe he may be estranged from a wealthy family of note.
The Surprise Bro
As far as unknown family members go, Abe could be worse. This diamond in the rough has already proven himself worthy of the new Evans name, so Jace is okay with him sticking around Astoria. Besides, he listens better than most of the Astoria pack and has a talent for deception. Jace is just annoyed the rest of the pack thinks he should care about Abe just because he's related.
The Bro We Know
Jace is fully aware that he owes his foster brother Cameron quite a lot for destroying the O'Reilly family. If only Cam hadn't come at him guns blazing. And now that Cam is under Alice's claw, Jace knows the bill for his past sins has come due. Still, he hopes to get Cam out of this alive; he never deserved anything that's been done to him.
The Fallen Boy Scout
Jace initially thought Warner was a total chump, but he's developed a protective attitude toward the boy scout. Jace recognizes that they are both dealing with Henry Mulgrew's death, but Jace has so far resisted pushing into Warner's affairs. Still, he worries that Warner might be more heavily weighted by the tragedy than he can admit.
Jace made it a point to find one of the best drug dealers in Astoria when he arrived in town, which led him to Dane. The man had other, longer term customers, so Jace ensured his priority by offering a little more than money in return. Some oral here and there, even the occasional overnight, keeps Jace flush with recreational substances. Of course, knowing his fellow students' scorn toward the old hippie, Jace demands discretion in their exchanges. Still, he himself has a soft spot for the man, who represents a reprieve from the constant maintenance of his image at school.
|Melissa "Sissy" Thompson|
The Former FWB
Melissa spent the better part of last year trailing Jace at parties, but he ignored her. However, after a disastrous Chemistry midterm in the spring, Jace finally gave into her advances to work out some of his frustration. She surprised him by being a far more willing participant in her own degradation than expected, and Jace has seen her several times since. She confided that her childhood nickname was Sissy, which Jace gleefully started using in their encounters, and she has adopted its use more broadly since. Sissy respected Jace's requirements for their relationship and is apparently not bothered that Jace has moved on to other hook ups, so he is rewarding her by supporting her ambitions to enter the UofA's high society.
Former Study Partner
A sophomore that Jace met last year, Harris was a bright student that Jace recruited for JayCannon.com and to help him study. Harris was bitten during the Bonfire Party and kidnapped into Volk's pack. Jace intends to get him back from Volk somehow.
|Thomas Michael Craig|
Jace bumped into Thomas at a party during Freshman orientation while sharing a joint. He inexplicably took a shine to Thomas, showing more than his usual amount of warmth. Of all the friends that have left Astoria, at least Thomas went of his own accord. He'll always have a place in Jace's pack.
Yeah, boy, we did it together. Hey, stay down! (He still gives great side eye, too).
|Lysa Amber Godfrey|
Veterinary Medicine Major (Sophomore)
The quiet one of Aedia's former group, Lysa is actually a clever and very likeable young woman. She is a good planner and coordinator of people who loves animals (and they love her right back). Though she had a reputation of having an unfortunately low self-esteem and a tendency to get "white girl drunk," Lysa has approached the Winter Term of school with a strong attitude and a winner's bravado. Jace has tagged her as a rising star in college society, so he's steadily bringing her into his orbit as he climbs the social ladder.
Engineering Major (Sophomore); Cross Country, Rugby, Wrestling (Captain), ATO
Jace once intended to make the late Henry Mulgrew the king of ATO, but now he's decided that Carter will make a suitable replacement to fashion into a power player in the frat scene and part of Jace's inner circle.
Potential Romantic Interests And The People Actually Getting The D
Jace was attracted to Davis when he met him, but it was seeing him in action at the Bonfire party that really turned Jace on. Jace has never been keen on the idea of actually dating men, but his deepening connection with Davis can't be denied. He started to present Davis publicly as his boyfriend along with a little image polishing for the Marine veteran, but now that Davis is back with his family, Jace is in the awkward position of being semi-single again.
The Chew Toy
Reese has recently fallen under Jace's influence, taking up Sissy Thompson's role as Jace's sexual servitor. That he is also a werewolf is a bonus allowing Jace to experiment with the more bestial side of weresex. They both share a bond with fallen Henry Mulgrew, which strengthens their ties with each other. However, Jace has no intention of developing any deeper intimacy with Reese beyond packmate with benefits.
The Sugar Momma
Dean Tessa Edmonton helped Jace transfer to the University of Astoria, and they were involved sexually until Jace revealed the supernatural world to her. Tessa is more important to him than he openly admits because she's the first person he's ever felt he can rely on, and any glimmer of hope that there are good people in the world started with her. Since then, he's started believing in others, especially Davis Monk and the late Henry Mulgrew, but his recent reconciliation with Tessa is the best event of the new year.
Whoever this fucking guy is, his timing couldn't be worse. Jace is hurting over the loss of his boyfriend, and in waltzes some sexy dude who might be able to help get Harris back, so Jace can't ignore him entirely. Jace already has Tessa and Reese, he doesn't need a rebound, Gary. Only . . . fuck you, we need to talk.
The Lab Partner and Hookup
Jace may not be able to admit it, but he harbored far deeper feelings toward Henry than he ever had for anyone else. That specter hasn't passed yet.
The Sorority Princess
There's no point in regretting what's passed with the dead, but Jace has a lingering curiosity about Aedia the Alpha, the side of his fallen paramour he never knew.
Jay Cannon Boys
|Zev Caldwell porn alias Johnny Brick|
Former Coast Guard
Zev was the first recruit in the new lineup for JayCannon.com. He's former Coast Guard and an aspiring electrician, but he's making more money through the website than anywhere else. Jace will make sure the money keeps rolling in for Zev to keep him around until the Jay Cannon roster is more solid.
|Clyde Griffon porn alias Griff Kidd|
Portland Burnout, Hipster Twink
Once a weekend go go boy in Portland, Clyde moved to Astoria to "take a break from it all" after his relationship with a sugar daddy went sour. He's pursuing an unfocused interest in craft brewing now and is all too happy to collect an easy paycheck from JayCannon.com to fund it. As Griff Kidd, Clyde fulfills the needs of Jay Cannon customers looking for a younger, fresher face. Jace is happy to have a cam boy who doesn't care about the seedier aspects of camming and is motivated by fast money.
|Darnell Wilson porn alias Danny Truth|
Darnell put himself forward to Zane Connley when he learned about recruitment for JayCannon.com. An internet blogger, he has argued for sex positive portrayals of gay men in media and felt called to step up to the plate when the opportunity arose. He also supports himself as a traveling reiki practitioner along the coast based out of Astoria.
|Tommy Halloran porn alias Tommy Hightower|
The Comeback Kid
A good-looking townie in his early twenties who has returned to JayCannon.com now that the blackmail situation is resolved. Because he was a popular performer, Jace is planning some special shows featuring the return of Tommy Hightower to JayCannon.com.
|Kay Sutton porn alias Coby Slater|
The Former Blackmailer
Originally responsible for blackmailing Tommy, Kay was in the closet throughout high school and beyond. He saw Tommy on a site he frequented, and tried to blackmail him. Zane sussed out who was responsible and has since not only helped him come out, but convinced him to work for JayCannon.com as Coby Slater.
Marketing Major (Sophomore); member of GSA
Zane claimed to be working for JayCannon.com to gain access to the Vault. Jace was not happy when Zane revealed this, but because Zane promised to help market the site and deliver several new cam boys, Jace has let it go for now. He has suspicions that Zane may have been Tommy's blackmailer, however, so the young drag queen isn't in the clear yet. Jace has been careful to present a mix of promised violence and sensuality to keep him under control.
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Downtime Condition: None
- Money: Jace always has plenty of cash on hand for a college student, a never ending supply to most students' eyes.
- Clothing & Jewelry: Jace favors skinny jeans, leather pants, Ed Hardy or plain but expensive white t-shirts, designer tank tops, tight v necks (when he bothers to wear a shirt at all), baseball caps, and sunglasses in a broader range of circumstances than necessary. It's also usually evident that he wears fashion briefs.
- Communication: Text, chat, e-mail, all non-committal.
- Food: No carbs, lots of protein and veggies
- Housing: Youngs River Lofts: A lavish three story loft that Dean Tessa Edmonton gifted to Jace, but he passes it off as an allowance from his parents. It is a much more convenient location for Jay Cannon performances than Jace's old dorm room.
- Days: Classes and pack training. Jace has adjusted his old schedule to allow for more pack-oriented activities. He now starts his day with an early morning jogging patrol of the Astoria territory partnered with the more athletically inclined of the Astoria pack, typically Vanya Simonson, Reese Tavis, Warner Pelt, or Elaine Litchfield. In addition to classes, he trains with the UofA's boxing team, though he doesn't compete. On days off from boxing, he trains with Davis Monk in hunter and military techniques.
- Fall 2012 Classes: BUS 301 - Prescriptive Business Analytics, ECON 303 - Financial Management, MARENG 231 - Wave and Fluid Mechanics, MGMT 301 - Organizational Behavior, PHYS 101 - Physics Fundamentals
- Evenings: If there are any worthwhile parties at night, Jace is likely to be there. He's a regular at the Crossroads, where everyone goes to put in face time. Jace spends as much time as he can studying, but he also has to devote a few hours a night performing for and maintaining JayCannon.com. He covers this activity by pretending to hate being interrupted while studying.