From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Scion of Artemis
- Biologists were excited when the wolf pack run by a massive she-wolf they named Lupa appeared in Yosemite park. For years, they caught sight of her occasionally, here and there, though she was very good at avoiding their notice. They knew she was denning somewhere in the state park, but could not find out exactly where.
- Lupa was not merely a large she-wolf, but a minor creature of Legend.
- Her strength and power won her the accord of Zeus, and he appeared to her as Zeus Lycaion, the Wolf Zeus.
- They mated, and a handful of months later, a girl-child - of human form - was born to Lupa.
- For three years, Lupa raised her as a cub in the pack, and she learned to survive, loved by her pack.
- Then one day, the biologists who occasionally studied the Yosemite pack discovered this naked, feral human girl among them!
- The authorities were quickly involved, and they managed to get the girl "to safety" away from the wolf pack, although they were furiously set on by Lupa when they did so.
- Lupa and her pack left Yosemite park that day, and never returned.
- For her part, the girl was brought into the foster care system, with some difficulty.
- She was given the name Larentia Parker.
- Her first name was chosen after the wolf who nursed Romulus and Remus; her last name the state adoption agency worker thought was a clever play on the fact that she was found in a state park.
- She's always been somewhat feral and ferocious, but also distinctly cunning. She took no shit while in the system, and quickly got a reputation as a loner not to be fucked with.
- When she was sixteen, she was moved to a new group home.
- Shortly after arriving there, she discovered that one of the workers was pimping out the girls in the program to johns who paid well for the privilege, using an old trailer on the back part of the foster home's property, behind some woods for the tricks.
- When he tricked her into coming out there with him, only to find a john waiting, she beat the john half to death with her fists, nearly gutted the worker with an old length of broken glass lying inside the dilapidated trailer and then fled.
- She has been on the run ever since, dodging authorities for her suspected role in the savage assault on two men.
- She was eventually found by her old pack, somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, and the led her to Lupa, who was dying of a gunshot wound.
- As Lupa passed, though, the she-wolf called to the moon one last time, and Artemis answered the call.
- She agreed to adopt Larentia as one of her own Scions.
- Fergus: x
- Agatha: x
- Suresh: x
Artemis (Adopted; original Zeus)
- Associated Powers: Epic Dexterity, Epic Perception, Arete, Health, Moon
- Abilities: Animal Ken, Awareness, Empathy, Fortitude, Marksmanship, Survival
- Calling: Wolf Girl on the Run; Nature: Survivor
- Attributes: Str 3, Dex 4, Sta 4; Cha 2, Man 2, App 3; Per 4, Int 2, Wits 3
- Abilities: Animal Ken 3, Athletics 4, Awareness 4, Empathy 2, Fortitude 3, Integrity 2, Investigation 2, Melee 5, Stealth 4, Survival 3, Thrown 5
- Willpower: 7
- Virtues: Expression 1, Intellect 1, Valor 3, Vengeance 4
- The Wolf Spear (Birthright •••••): Acc +0, Dam +4L, Def +2, Spd 5 (Tepoztopilli base stats)
- Design: Moon Purview, Summonable, Ranged (Legend x5 yds base; 120 yds, 180 yds 1 Legend), Returning, Reduce die penalty for multiple actions by 1
- Mantle of Lupa (Birthright •••••): Soak +2L/+4B, Mob 0, Fat 1 (Hide/leather base stats)
- Design: Animal Purview, Lupa's Pack linked to mantle, Completely regenerate Followers, +1/+1 armor; reduce Mob pen by 1
- Lupa's Pack (Birthright •••): Pack of wolves (10 total, stats as berserks)
Legend: 3; Legend Pool: 9
Epic Attributes & Knacks
- Strength ••: +2 succ, +2 yd jumping/throwing, quadruple thrown range, +1000 lb lifting
- Hurl to the Horizon (double thrown ranges), Mighty Heave (triple throw, 1 Legend), Holy Bound (double leaping distances)
- Dexterity •: +1 succ, +1 yd Move, +2 yd Dash, +1 DVs
- Untouchable Opponent (1L - double EpDex bonus to DV)
- Stamina •: +1 succ, -1 wound penalties, +1B/+1L/+1A, one week w/o food, water or sleep, hold breath twice as long
- Damage Conversion (1L - convert all L damage to B)
- Perception •: +1 succ
- Predatory Focus (tracking), Supernal Hunter
- Wits •: +1 succ
- Rabbit Reflexes (double applicable DV vs unexpected attacks)
Purviews & Boons
- Arete: Awareness •, Melee •, Stealth •
- Animal (Wolf): Animal Communication •
- Moon: Smoking Mirror •, Tidal Interference ••
- Join Battle: 7
- Soak: 8B/4L/3A; Armor (Mantle of Lupa): +4B/+2L/+2A, Mob: 0, Fat: 1
- Dodge DV: 5/6; Parry DV: 6/7
- Move: 5 yds; Dash: 13 yds; Jump: 16 yards vertical, 32 yards Horizontal; Lift: 1650 lbs.
- The Wolf Spear Acc 10, Dam 7L, DV 4, Spd 5; Ranged 136yd/204yd 1 Legend, returning; Reduce multiple action penalties by 1.
- Health Levels: -0 / -1 / -1 / -2 / -2 / -4 / Inc.
- Languages Known: x
- Other Notes: x
- Bonus Points: Extra Birthrights (8), +7 Ability Points (7)
- Attributes: Str 4, Dex 3, Sta 4; Cha 0, Man 0, App 2; Per 4, Int 2, Wits 3
- Abilities: Athletics 2, Awareness 2, Brawl 3, Investigation 1, Presence 2, Fortitude 3, Stealth 2, Survival 4
- Join Battle: 5
- Attacks: Bite: Accuracy 7, Damage 6L, Parry DV --, Speed 5
- Soak: 4B/2L/2A, Dodge DV: 2
- Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Inc
- Willpower: 5
- Scott Thompson, info tech
- Sam Stone, journalist
Spent: 35; Unspent: 21