Lightsaber Tactic Options
- Defensive Neutral + Flowing River: Tumbling Attack (when needing Defense)
- Offensive Neutral + Flowing River: Precise Flurry (disarming multiple foes)
- The Hurricane + Gale Force: Acrobatic Disarm (for disarming), Frenzied Momentum (for putting the pressure on), Tumbling Swoop (for pass-by attack), Unbalancing Storm (for putting enemy off-balance)
- The Hurricane + Thundering Advance: None
Defensive Neutral + Flowing River (Shii-Cho)
+1 Combat Defense per opponent weapon faced (max lower of Sense or Control); move up to [Lightsabers] yds maximum.
- Shii-Cho Meditation: Catch Your Breath (Greater) + Center of Being (Maneuver) Roll Will. Recover 1 Fatigue per 2 successes as well. Add +1 Defense per opponent weapon faced.
- Tumbling Attack: Acrobatic Defense (Lesser) + Cautious Attack (Lesser). -1D to attack roll. Add double Acrobatics +3 to Defense, +1 per opponent weapon faced.
- Cautious Set-Up: Divided Attack (Greater) + Flash Flood (Maneuver). Costs 1 Fatigue. Divide Fighting (Lightsabers) dice among enemies; reduce target passive Fighting by (Sense). Struck targets take -1D for tests for one round. For each degree, targets take +1 Diff to opponent's next action, and are forced to move 1yd. Add +1 Defense per opponent weapon faced.
- Waiting for the Enemy: Counterattack (Greater). Counterattack action, add +1 Defense per opponent weapon faced.
Offensive Neutral + Flowing River (Shii-Cho)
Add Control to Aim Action bonus; move up to [Lightsabers] yds maximum.
- Precise Attack: Aim (Lesser) + Lesser Attack.
- Aim (Lesser) + Greater Attack. Costs 1 Fatigue.
- Precise Disarm: Aim (Lesser) + Disarm (Lesser) + Disarming Slash (Maneuver) + Crashing Wave (Maneuver): Costs 2 Stamina. Disarm attack add (Control) to bonus dice, and (Alter) to test result.
- Controlling Strike: Aim (Lesser) + Standard Attack (Lesser) + Saber Swarm (Maneuver). Costs 1 Fatigue. Standard attack, add (Control + Alter +1) bonus dice. Strike inflicts -1D to target's next actions; each success forces 1yd of movement.
- Precise Flurry: Aim (Lesser) + Divided Attack (Greater) + Sarlacc Sweep (Maneuver). Costs 2 Fatigue. Divide Fighting (Lightsabers + Control) dice among enemies, plus Aim bonus of (Control +1) bonus dice.
- Singular Flurry: Aim (Lesser) + Divided Attack (Greater) + Falling Leaf (Maneuver). Costs 2 Fatigue. Divide Fighting (Lightsabers) dice among multiple attacks directed at a single enemy, plus Aim bonus of (Control +1) bonus dice.
The Hurricane + Gale Force (Ataru)
Add Acrobatics (max Control) to all Fighting tests; each Degree increases target's Diff for next action by one step; increase Combat Defense penalties from multiple attacks by 1.
- Acrobatic Disarm: Disarm (Lesser) + Disarming Slash (Maneuver) + Crashing Wave (Maneuver) + Acrobatic Defense (Lesser): Costs 2 Stamina. Disarm attack add (Alter + Acrobatics) to test result. +1 Diff to opponent's next action per degree. Add double Acrobatics to Combat Defense.
- Everywhere at Once: Standard Attack (Lesser) + Saber Swarm (Maneuver) + Acrobatic Defense (Lesser): Costs 1 Fatigue. Standard attack, add (Alter) bonus dice, plus (Acrobatics, max Control) to test result. Strike inflicts -1D to target's next actions; each success forces 1yd of movement plus +1 Diff to next action per degree.
- Frenzied Momentum: Reckless Attack (Greater) + Endless Assault (Maneuver). Costs 2 Stamina. Standard Attack at +1D, add (Acrobatics, max Control) to test result, +1 Diff to opponent's next action per degree; may take up to standard Move. -5 to Combat Defense. For each turn another Reckless Attack is made, cumulative, convert 1 bonus die to a test die, up to lesser of Acrobatics or Control.
- Tumbling Swoop: Charge (Greater) + Hawk-Bat Swoop (Maneuver) + Acrobatic Defense (Lesser). Movement, then Fighting (Lightsabers) attack at -1D, add add Control bonus dice, add Acrobatics (max Control) to test. +1 Diff to opponent's next action per degree. Add double Acrobatics to Combat Defense. Must finish with a Move of normal Move minus Sense in distance.
- Confounding Flurry: Divided Attack (Greater) + Sarlacc Sweep (Maneuver). Costs 1 Fatigue. Divide Fighting (Lightsabers + Control) dice among enemies; add Acrobatics (max Control) to Fighting tests, +1 Diff to opponent's next action per degree.
- Herding Flurry: Divided Attack (Greater) + Flash Flood (Maneuver). Costs 1 Fatigue. Divide Fighting (Lightsabers) dice among enemies; add Acrobatics (max Control) to Fighting tests; reduce target passive Fighting by (Sense). Struck targets take -1D for tests for one round. For each degree, targets take +1 Diff to opponent's next action, and are forced to move 1yd.
- Unbalancing Storm: Divided Attack (Greater) + Falling Leaf (Maneuver). Costs 1 Fatigue. Divide Fighting (Lightsabers) dice among multiple attacks against single enemy; add Acrobatics (max Control) to Fighting tests. For each degree, targets take +1 Diff to opponent's next action.
The Hurricane + Thundering Advance (Ataru)
Add Acrobatics (max Control) to all Fighting tests; making Off-Hand-augmented attacks does not upgrade action to Greater; increase Combat Defense penalties from multiple attacks by 1.
Basic Force Abilities
- Will (Control)
- Commune with Force: You may Test Will (Control) against a Routine (6) Difficulty, to enter a meditative state, heightening your connection to the Force. For each Degree of Success you score, you may regain one (1) spent Force Point. You may only enter this state once per Scene, and requires 1 hour of meditation per Force Point recovered. In addition, while in this meditative state, you may convert one (1) Bonus Die granted form the Sense Specialty into a Test Die.
- Meditative Trance: You are capable of slowing down your body and mind, falling into a near death like state. The character may make a Will (Control) Test against an Automatic (0) Difficulty. Each Degree of Success becomes a multiplier that increases the time period in between Resisting a Hazard (Poison, Disease, Suffocation, Starvation, ect). During this period, the Character may only make Reflexive Ability Tests. The Character remains somewhat aware of their surroundings, but suffers a -1D to all Awareness Tests per Degree of Success Rolled on the Will Test to activate this effect. The Character may choose to end this power at any point, but may not activate it again for the rest of the scene.
- Awareness (Sense)
- Detect Disturbance: The Storyteller may call on you to Test Awareness (Sense) against a Routine (6) Difficulty. If you are successful, you feel a ripple in the Force. For Each Degree of Success after the first the Storyteller may give you a vague piece of information, but should refrain from outright telling you the source.
- Instinctual Reflexes - Force Users are renowned throughout the Galaxy for their near superhuman reaction times. This increased reaction is because of an instinctual understanding of near future events through the Force. Any Character may add their Ranks in the Sense Specialty to their Agility (Quickness) Test Result, up to their Ranks in the Control Specialty, for the purpose of determining Initiative in Combat.
These cost 1 Force Point to activate for one scene.
- Affect Mind: Your ability to influence others allows you to cause an opponent to momentarily believe they heard a sound, saw something out of the corner of their eye, or felt someone tap them on the shoulder. Whatever the minor illusion, your target becomes momentarily distracted, granting you an advantage. Outside of combat this may grant you a Modifier equal to your Ranks in the Alter Specialty to a Test, such as Stealth or Deception, though it may also cause alert guards to sound the alarm or call for reinforcements.
- Heighten Senses: Instead of a Hidden Opponent Testing Stealth against your Passive Awareness, you may make a Reflexive Awareness (Sense) Test against a Challenging (9) Difficulty. If you succeed, your opponents are denied the +1D Due to Surprise. Unlike normal Persistent Powers, this Effect is always "on" and does not require you to activate it.
- Sense Force: Once purchased, this power grants you the ability to actively Sense the Force. You may make a Standard Test using your Awareness (Sense) against a Routine (6) Difficulty. Each Degree of Success grants you a piece of information, from within Close Range of your Character based on below:
- 1 Degree: Presence or Absence of Life
- 2 Degrees: Presence of Force Sensitives / Presence of Dark Side Points
- 3 Degrees: Comparative power level (Targets Force Points is Greater or Less than yours)
- 4 Degrees: Number of Force Benefits they possess
- 5 Degrees: Number of Force Powers they possess.
- Telekinesis: You can move small objects at will in your general vicinity with nothing but your mind. This allows you to use Ability Tests at Close Range (30 feet) away without actually touching them, but suffer a -1D to the Test. You may lift and manipulate 1lbs per Rank you possess in the Alter Specialty. Objects lifted in this fashion cannot be used as a weapon, as they are not propelled with enough force in inflict harm. In addition to the above effects, a Jedi may retrieve an object, usually their Lightsaber, from any point up to Close Range as a Lesser Action on their turn. This means that, in most situations, a disarmed Jedi only remains disarmed until the start of their next turn.
There some who have learned to call on the Force to shield them from harm.
- Persistent: Once learned, this power allows you to resist minor levels of harmful energy. Whenever you are exposed to an energy based Hazard (Radiation and Heat are common examples) you may add your Ranks in the Control Specialty as a Modifier to your Endurance (Resilience) Test.
- Force Shield: You may call on the Force and wrap yourself in a protective shield. As a Lesser Action, you may Test Will (Alter applies) against a Routine (6) Difficulty. Each Degree of Success grants you a point of AR, up to your Ranks in the Control Specialty. This effect last for a number of Turns equal to your Ranks in Presence.
- Absorb Energy: A more active form of defense, this power allows you to attempt to absorb incoming energy damage and dissipate it harmlessly away. In place of a Dodge Action, you may instead Test Will (Control). This result becomes your Combat Defense against weapons with the Energy Quality.
- Manifestation: With great will and concentration, you may erect an semi-solid barrier purely out of the Force. To activate this power you must spend a Force Point and as a Greater Action Test Will (Alter Specialty Applies) against a Challenging (9) Difficulty. The barrier counts as an Obstacle providing Cover for a number of Characters equal to the Degrees of Success, up to a maximum of your Ranks in the Control Specialty. While this power is in effect your character may take no action other than to maintain the power, and you may hold the Barrier active for a number of rounds equal to your Ranks in Will before it collapses and you must activate it again.
- Persistent: You may cloak yourself in the Force to hide your Force Sensitivity from others. Make a Standard Will (Control) Test against a Routine (6) Difficulty. Each Degree of Success increases the Difficulty for any Sense Force attempts against you by one step.
- Force Concealment: By using your skill in the Force to conceal yourself, you may go unnoticed by others. When testing the Stealth Ability, you may add your Ranks in the Control Specialty to your Ranks in the appropriate Specialty. These Bonus Dice that may exceed your normal Limits. This power has no effect on mechanical devices, or observers using technology.
- Blink: This power can be called upon in Combat, granting the Jedi increased defense as their form blurs. Whenever you take a Move Action during your turn, you may add your Ranks in the Stealth Ability, up to your Ranks in the Alter Specialty, to your Combat Defense until the start of the next combat round.
- Manifestation: Beyond simple Stealth, this power grants you the ability to avoid detection altogether. Cameras, Sensors, even Beasts will be unable to see or find you. On occasion this may even manifest as a form of invisibility. By spending a Force Point, you may make Stealth Test unopposed against a Difficulty set by the following:
Sentient Individuals – Routine (6) • Living Creatures – Challenging (9) • Technology – Formidable (12)
Force Users are well known for their ability to recover from all but the most grievous of wounds.
- Persistent: Using the Force, you may suppress your nerves and pain receptors. You may Test your Will (Control) against a Routine (6) Difficulty. Each Degree of Success removes the Penalty applied from one Injury or Wound. You remove the Penalties from Injuries first, then from Wounds. Keep track of how many Degrees of Success you achieve from the activation of this Power, as Injuries and Wound Penalties received after you activate this Effect are mitigated until the number of Penalties exceeds the Total Degrees achieved. This Effect may only be used once per scene.
- Detoxify: You are capable of using the Force to remove poisons and diseases from your system. Once you have been exposed to a Poison or Disease, you may make an Will (Fortitude Specialty Applies) Test, increasing your Ranks in Fortitude by your Ranks in the Control Specialty, and these additional Bonus Dice may exceed your normal limits, against a Challenging (9) Difficulty. Each Degree of Success reduces the Toxicity of Poisons or number of Days the Character is ill by one. You may only make a Detoxify attempt once each day.
- Heal Injury: You may call on the Force to recover from Injuries instantly. When you activate this power you may immediately make an Endurance (Fortitude) Test, increasing your Ranks in Fortitude by your Ranks in Control Specialty, and these additional Bonus Dice may exceed your normal limits, as if you had waited the required time per the normal recovery rules. You may activate this Power once per Scene. Dark Side Points cannot be used to Activate this Power.
- Manifestation: With increased effort and concentration, you may recover from severe injuries that would prove potentially fatal to others. You may Spend a Force Point to and invoke the Heal Injury effect above, except now you may recover from Wounds instead.
- Apocrypha: Rumors circulate that extremely knowledgeable Force Users have achieved immortality…
- Persistent: You have learned to harness the Force to supply you with additional reserves when you need them. When you take a “Catch Your Breath” Action during Combat you may add your Ranks in the Control Specialty to your result. In addition, you also remove 1 Point of Fatigue per Degree of Success rolled.
- Enhance Ability: You have learned to call on the Force to strengthen your body or quickening your reflexes. When you activate this Effect, choose an Athletics or Agility Specialty. You may your Rank in the selected Specialty by your Rank in Control Specialty, and Bonus Dice gained in this way may exceed your normal limits.
- Force Leap: Your connection to the Force allows you to jump far greater distances than would normally be possible. When testing Athletics (Jump), you increase your Ranks in the Jump Specialty by your Ranks in the Control Specialty, which may exceed the normal limits. In addition, your Target Difficulty is always 0 and you increase the number of yards you leap per success by your Ranks in the Alter Specialty.
- Intuitive Piloting: You have learned to call on the Force to hone your reactions in the cockpit. When you activate this Effect, choose a Piloting Specialty. You increase your Ranks in the chosen Specialty by your Rank in Control, and these dice may exceed your normal limits.
- Manifestation:You can call on the Force to Guide your actions, making you capable of performing feats of accuracy that would otherwise be impossible. By Spending a Force Point, you may now add number of Bonus Dice from your Fighting or Marksmanship pool into Test Dice, equal to your Ranks in the Sense Specialty.
- Apocrypha: Even with their superb physical mastery, some Force users have been rumored to be capable of lifting tons with their bare hands, or to instantly move from one point in space to another…
- Jedi Utility Belt: Leather utility belt. They usually consisted of their lightsaber, which was traditionally worn on the left, survival rations in the form of capsules, a Hush-98 comlink, a fibercord grappling hook and/or a grappling spike launcher, a holoprojector (such as an Imagecaster), a holomap, an A99 aquata breather, and other specialized equipment.
Droid (Class Two • Archaeology) • Secondary Character Tehlvin's parents had an archaeology droid when they died. Over the years, he has significantly added to and augmented the little droid.
- Abilities: Agility 3, Awareness 4 (Notice 1B), Cunning 3, Endurance 3, Knowledge 5 (Education 2B), Mechanics 4 (Repair 1B), Stealth 3
- Combat Defense: 9 • Stamina: 9
- Customizations: Alternate Propulsion (repulsor lift + spider legs)
- Defects: xxx
Tehlvin designed a battle gauntlet, combining some of the traits of a shield gauntlet (of the sort used by Killian Rangers and some Mandalorians) and a lightsaber gauntlet (the plans for which he found in the archives). He has used techno-sorcery to create a strange melding of the two, resulting in a sleek gun-metal grey gauntlet with a cortosis casing. It has three modes: passive, defensive, and offensive.
- Passive: In passive mode, the gauntlet provides simple datacomm and computing processes, including a holoprojector for interactions and consultation of information such as charts, documents, maps, and schematics.
- Defensive: In defensive mode, the gauntlet generates a small buckler-sized field of greenish force.
- Specialty: Shields • Training: 2B • Damage: Athletics -2 • Qualities: Defensive +3, Energy
- Offensive: In offensive mode, the gauntlet generates a short lightsaber blade that projects over the back of the wearer's fist, katar-style.
- Specialty: Lightsaber • Training: 3B • Damage: Agility -1 • Qualities: Defensive +1, Off-hand +2, Fast, Dangerous, Piercing, Energy
- Thin young human, about 5'4" tall, and about 120 lbs
- Plain brown hair, hazel eyes and unassuming appearance.
- Born to parents Jaediq and Landia Ohmidarr, both archaeologists with the Great University Quarter of Coruscant.
- They specialized in the study of lost civilizations, with an emphasis on the Rakata and the Kwa of Dathomir.
- Spent most of his childhood in their family home in the luxurious collegiate district where they lived, or aboard the Erudite, his parent's home-away-from-home which served as their base of operations for various explorations and archaeological digs.
- His childhood memories of the ship involve lots of time playing with the excavator and archeological droids the family maintained.
- When he was six years old, his parents were exploring a set of Rakatan ruins on Dathomir when they ran afoul of a pack of rancors.
- Unfortunately, his father did not make it back to the ship.
- His mother did, and tried to lift off, but before she could get the engines running, the big pack-mother of the rancors tore into a side of the ship, damaging its lift capabilities.
- The ship took off, only to crash again nearby, the pack of rancors hot on its tail. They began to tear into the damaged ship.
- Tehlvin's mother was either killed or rendered unconscious by the crash.
- Tehlvin was saved by a canny archaeology droid who loaded the boy into an escape pod and fired it away from the ship. It landed in the Rakatan ruins, where Tehlvin hid from the rancors (who seemed loathe to enter the ancient ruins).
- Tehlvin spent the next four years of his life in the ruins.
- He eventually salvaged enough technology from both his parents' ship and the ruins to put one of his family's archaeology droids - a Class Two droid with four delicate spider-legs that allowed it to move lightly over ruins without disturbing anything and wielding an array of basic excavation tools and examination sensors to archive findings - named AR-4L3.
- "Arf" became his constant companion, and Tehlvin treated him as the dog his parents would never get him.
- Tehlvin continued to tinker with the tech he found in the ruins, sometimes able to get things to work, but not always.
- During this time, Tehlvin was forced to occasionally leave the ruins to find fruit and set mechanical traps for small birds and edible beasts.
- The sheer number of dangers of doing so, however - from rancors to ssurians to whuffa worms to night-hunting gaping spiders - forced Tehlvin to be quick on his feet.
- He unconsciously drew on the Force in this way, channeling it through his body to perform feats of strength and speed beyond what a small child ought to normally be capable of.
- Four years later, a Jedi archaeologist named Kudorr Ran came to Dathomir to examine the planet's odd Force emanations, its history of hosting Force-wielding races and found the boy.
- When the boy's size, Force-enchanced speed and knowledge of the ruins proved a combination too effective to catch the boy, Kudorr Ran eventually lured him out with the promise of sweets and conversation.
- For his part, Tehlvin remembered viewing the exotic Jedi with a boy's wonder, so he agreed to go back with Master Kudorr to Coruscant. He gathered up a few of his prized possessions - Arf, a holoalbum with recordings of his family's time together, a datastick with his parents' work to date, a chunk of the gold-green Dathomiri amber he'd found by the shore of a nearby lack - and went with him.
At the Temple
- Despite his familiarity with the Force that allowed him to survive, Tehlvin had a very difficult time with the use of intentional manifestations of the Force.
- He found meditation difficult and frustrating, but his mentors noted that he found the same degree of peace and focus while performing lightsaber forms. He took to the physical forms of lightsaber combat with incredible aptitude remarkable in someone so young.
- Tehlvin's skill with telekinetic effects is all but nonexistent, and his skill with extrasensory perceptions seems limited to intuitive rather than intentional uses.
- On the other hand, his ability to boost his bodily abilities to leap, jump, climb and lift is remarkable, and he has some talent with stealth that some of the masters seem to believe is related to the Force as well.
- Tehlvin discovered - entirely by accident - that he was a subject of some concern among the Masters.
- They feared that is exposure to the Force emanations of Dathomir had affected his potential for wielding the Force in some way.
- The Rakatans were known to harness the Dark Side of the Force for their strange machines, and the boy spent four years surrounded by and tinkering with the mechanisms.
- Indeed, some of the sensitive Masters reported that they could see strange greenish wisps, like fog off a lake, rising from him when he was most in-tune to the Force. This was a cause for concern, but none could say they sensed anything wrong or Dark-sided with the boy, so it was decided to allow him to continue his training as a Jedi.
- Tehlvin found it difficult to make friends at the Jedi Temple among the other younglings, instead retaining Arf as his almost-exclusive companion for two years.
- Eventually Tehlvin did make friends, though he is still a quiet introvert among Jedi.
- In time, Tehlvin decided that he wanted to eventually join the Academy of Jedi Archaeology, to honor his fallen parents, his friend Master Kudorr Ran and to continue his exploration of Rakatan technology.
- When Tehlvin participated in the Gathering in the caves of Ilum, he was a valuable asset to the team.
- Unfortunately, once they reached the caverns, he searched and searched for his crystal, to no avail, even staying past the point where the cavern entrance froze over (fortunately, his strength and will permitted him to escape).
- The boy was heartbroken as his perceived failure.
- Encouraged by Master Kudorr Ran, he accompanied groups of younglings on two more Gatherings, each ending the same way: him contributing greatly to the success of the group as a whole, but entirely failing to find his own crystal.
- Finally, when he returned home after his most recent failure, the boy sat in contemplation, attempting to clear his mind of the humiliation and grief he felt, without success.
- Because the piece of Dathomiri amber he'd brought to Coruscant with him helped him in his meditations, he took up the stone, and realized that it was the perfect shape and size for the setting in the interior of his lightsaber.
- Acting on the inspiration, he fit the stone in the hilt, closed it back up, paused for a moment, and ignited his blade.
- The lightsaber was a strange greenish color: it wasn't the vibrant green of those with green Ilum crystals, but was a pale, sickly hue. Moreover, a strange wispy mist seemed to drift off of the blade, almost bubbling and roiling off it into the air, where it faded away entirely. As he swung the blade, it left faint contrails in the air of the weird mist.
- Tehlvin was horrified at the outcome, fearful that it portended the worst fears of the Masters.
- He practically hid for two days, before resolving to come clean with the outcome.
- He presented himself to his teachers, explaining that he knew about their fears, and showed them the strange lightsaber.
- He surrendered himself and the lightsaber to their further examination, but in the end, they found both uncorrupted; the Dathomiri crystal was simply not as efficient as regular lightsaber crystals, resulting in a shorter blade.
- Once he secured his own blade, Tehlvin has demonstrated an even greater proficiency in lightsaber combat, studying the ways of shoto (short-bladed) lightsabers, and of the Ataru (Form IV) style of lightsaber battle.
Unspent XP: 14 • Total XP: 94 • Destiny Awarded: 1
- 04/14/2015: Character Redesigns, + 80xp + 1 Destiny
- x: x
- Droid Companion: -