From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Motivation: Revenge against Vinon Pillaeon, who helped the troopers during Order 66 (Ambition)
- Obligations: Contract with Slayn & Korpil (10)
- Languages Spoken:Verpine, Basic, Ithorian, Mandalorian
- Contract (10): Slayn & Korpil - Has contract with Slayn & Korpil for hiding them and helping them to escape during Order 66
- Revenge (5): Worldseeker Corporation - Is the target of some Worldseeker revenge because of how they kept that salvage navcomp data from them.
- Current Morality: 50
- Emotional Strength: The search for knowledge never ends, and Tr'll is driven to discover all that the galaxy has to offer. Understanding all things and all beings drives Tr'll to seek out wisdom wherever it may be found.
- Emotional Weakness: Tr'll can sometimes spend far too much time considering a matter, seeking opinions from others, and looking for consensus or a majority, unable to make a difficult choice. Faced with a situation that demands immediate reaction, Tr'll may be unable to make any choice at all.
- Mechanics: Mechanics rank +1
- Microvision: The compound eyes of a Verpine are capable of seeing tiny, even microscopic details. When closely examining an object, add to their Perception checks.
- Radio-wave Communication: Verpine can produce and hear radio waves, which allows them to silently communicate with other Verpine and specially tuned comlinks within a 100-kilometer range.
- Toughened 1: Increase Wound Threshold by two per rank of Toughened.
- Gearhead 2: Remove per rank of Gearhead from all Mechanics checks. In addition, the credit cost to add mods to attachments decreases by 50% . This does not increase with multiple ranks of Gearhead.
- Fine Tuning 1: When reducing the amount of system strain a starship or vehicle suffers, reduce 1 additional strain per rank of Fine Tuning.
- Solid Repairs 2: Repair 1 additional hull trauma per rank of Solid Repairs whenever repairing a starship or vehicle.
- Grit 2: Increase Strain Threshold by one per rank of Grit.
- Prime Positions 1: When Tr'll or an ally within short range takes cover, that character increases their soak by one per rank of Prime Positions against ranged attacks until they leave that cover.
- Suppressing Fire 1: Tr'll and each ally within short range may spend on their failed combat checks to inflict one strain on the target per rank of Suppressing Fire. Each character can only activate this effect once per round.
- Uncanny Senses 2 (Force): Add per rank of Uncanny Senses to Perception checks.
- Sense Danger (Force): Once per session, remove from any 1 check.
- Prescient Shot (Force): Add to all Ranged (Light) checks unless the target is immune to Force Powers.
- Basic (10): Shape machine components on a molecular level; May spend to cause one vehicle or starship they are engaged with to recover one system strain. The user may activate this multiple times.
- Control (5): Ongoing effect - Commit . One damaged weapon or item counts as being undamaged.
- Control (10): When making a Mechanics skill check, may roll a Manipulate power check as part of the pool and may spend to gain or (user’s choice) on the check.
|Halo Station Proletariat: Scope: 1 • Expertise: 2 • Debt: 0|
|A union comprising most of the more skilled and better-connected technical and menial laborers throughout the Halo Station.|
One of the mid-level leadership of the Proletariat, Gromis Vash personally works station sanitation down in the Depots, overseeing work crews that keep the station functioning. He is slightly grumpy, although it's something of a cover. He enjoys a good drink and can often be found after-hours in one of the Under-Market cantinas.
Weapons and Armor
- Merr-Sonn Model 53 'Quicktrigger' Blaster Pistol: This is a reliable and easy to maintain pistol which is popular on the fringe as repair materials are hard to come by. It is also easily modified to specifications of the user. Reduce the difficulty of Mechanics checks to repair or modify attachments on it by 1. 1 encumbrance, 4 HP, stun setting (stored on Okugoba)
- Multi-Goo Gun with Pressurized Gas Cartridge: This is an all-in-one spray injector that can be used for repair work and also as a weapon. Gain when repairing droids and vehicles. With result during a mechanics or combat check, the cartridge runs out.
- Crafted Light Armor (mechanic's jumpsuit): +2 soak, 1 encumbrance. Tool belt is attached. 1 total encumbrance when worn.
- Tool belt: Wearer counts as having a tool kit. Per encounter, may draw a tool from the belt as an incidental. Tool kit: allows repair of wounds on droids and vehicles without penalty. 3 encumbrance
- Creshaldyne Mk.III Modular Backpack: Frame pack with central compartment and six smaller compartments; each can be sealed and unsealed quickly and silently. +8 encumbrance
- Handheld comlink: Used to communicate between other comlinks. Only viable for extreme distances on planets, reaching up to low orbit.
- Datapad: Handheld device incorporating a variety of functions, such as holo-messenger, computer, database, etc. 1 encumbrance
- Slicer gear: Allows hacking into computer systems, sometimes making an impossible job possible or simply making a routine one easier. 2 encumbrance
- Dataspike: Common tool used by technicians and spies is capable of overloading a computer's security systems. This allows a user to then proceed with hacking with greater ease. Once per round, may expend a dataspike to disable a security program as a maneuver. Reduce the difficulty of subsequent Computers checks to disable the program by 2. The dataspike is then useless. 1 encumbrance
- Multi-Goo Gun refill packs: 2 refill packs. The cartridge of a multi-goo gun runs out on a result during a mechanics or combat check. Each refill pack will replace one cartridge, taking one action to replace.
- Stimpacs(4): Patch or autohypo containing a cocktail of painkillers, anti-inflammatories, bacta, and antibiotics. One use as a Maneuver restores 5 Wounds. Each additional use within the same 24 hour period reduces the amount recovered by 1.
- Glow rod (5): Simple directional handheld light source capable of illuminating out to Short range. 1 encumbrance
- Emergency Repair Patch (4): Patch or autohypo containing advanced silicone and wiring repair for electronic devices. May be used to gain when repairing a device, or may use one as a Maneuver that restores 3 Wounds to a droid. A droid may only benefit from 5 such applications before needing repairs in more typical fashion.
- Slicewire (2): Small carbonite rod which twists open to reveal monofilament cable that can be used to cut through nearly any material, from flesh and bone to duranium and plasteel. Available in small spools containing 10 meters of wire, and can be used to construct traps and weapons, although it is dangerous to work with. 1 encumbrance
Slicewire: Brawl • Dam +2 • Crit 2 • Engaged • Pierce 2, Vicious 3, GM may spend or to inflict weapon damage on user.
- Verpine Bond Gauntlets (1 pair): Gauntlets made of a thin, flexible material that becomes rigid and supportive when current is passed through them, creating artificial stability. Grants to checks made to handle volatile materials or perform delicate work. 1 encumbrance
- Fusion cutter: Small handheld cutting torch that generates powerful plasma beams for cutting through durasteel, duraplast, or other materials. 2 encumbrance. Can be used as a weapon:
Fusion Cutter: Melee • Dam 5 • Crit 3 • Engaged • Breach 1, Burn 3, Sunder, Vicious 3
- Restraining Bolt (3): Device that clamps to a droid's chassis and inject programming that limits the droid's actions. Most droids cannot resist, but unique or strong-willed droids may receive a Discipline () to take actions in spite of it.
Stored on the Okugoba
- Emergency Medpac: Standard on many ships or public spaces. Allows use of Medicine to heal a patient, without penalty. 1 encumbrance
- Merr-Sonn "Rider" Ascension Pistol: Firearm that launches a cable and grapnel. Ranged (Light) check () to secure grapnel on an object at up to Medium range. As an action, may reel in cord. May secure another character for elevation, but must succeed at an Athletics () test to avoid losing grip on character or gun. 1 encumbrance
- Fusion Lantern: Durable and reliable source of light, heat, and power frequently added in collapsable form to travel and emergency survival kits. Has different settings for output of light and heat, with cording that also allows them to power or recharge devices (including energy weapons).
- Foamcast (4): Quick-setting aerosol foam used in construction and building maintenance; hardens to plascrete hardness. May be poured into molds to form shelters and obstacles. Add to checks to repair structures and vehicle hulls. Can be jury-rigged into an explosive with a Mechanics check (; explodes can and covers user in foamcast). 1 encumbrance
Foamcast Explosive: Mechanics • Dam 4 • Crit 5 • Short Range • Blast 4, Ensnare 4, Inferior, Prepare 2
- Shipboard Systems Scanner: Datapad sized scanner used to connect to ship systems to diagnose problems. Remove from checks to remove system strain from vehicles. 1 encumbrance
- Extra reload: Can reload a weapon using a maneuver, when it has run out of ammo due to a critical failure. 1 encumbrance
- Imperial Credits: 10
- Hard Credits: 610
DUM-Series Pit Droid (6)
This small droid is a common sight in docking bays and mechanics workshops. Designed by Serv-O-Droid, this unit has been in service for many decades.
- BR: 1
- AG: 1
- INT: 0
- CUN: 0
- WILL: 1
- PR: 1
- SOAK: 3
- WOUNDS: 2
- M DEF: 0
- R DEF: 0
- Skills (group only): Computers, Mechanics, Perception
- Talents: Fine Tuning 2 (repair additional 2 system strain when repairing ships/vehicles)
- Abilities: Droid, Networking (every 3 DUM series in a group, add 1 boost dice to all group skill checks), Silhouette 0
- Equipment: Built-in Comms Suite
- Discovered as a very young child by Jedi Master Yula Braylon to be force sensitive. Force sensitives are rare among the Verpine and considered to be outside of any hive. Taken to Jedi Academy/Temple to be trained.
- Met and befriended Bas Yagg while at the Academy.
- Was not accepted/did not progress to become a padawan. Instead joined the Jedi Service Corps.
- Was aboard the Jedi Cruiser the Eruditius, along with Bas Yagg, Hastara Xeqedi, Zosa Vuren, and DZ-LL when Order 66 was carried out.
- When Order 66 was given, Bas Yagg overheard the commands given them, including the death of the Jedi and the Medical Corps.
- Frightened, he hid instead of warning Master Mesq or his fellows.
- Exploration Corps archivist and researcher Vinon Pellaeon called out to Master Mesq, but his offer of safety was treachery, as clone troopers were waiting.
- Zosa Vuren fought beside her master, a fight in which her lightsaber was destroyed. She managed to grab her khyber crystal from the wreckage of it, and her master shoved her away into a hiding place...right on top of Bas!
- The two escaped through air ventilation while Master Mesq fought and died.
- While in the ventilation, the two find the tiny Hastara Xeqedi, who is hiding from the scary men with guns. Zosa Vuren and Bas Yagg convince her to come with them.
- Tr'll was hidden by a delegation of Slayn & Kopril technicians. One of their techs had been killed by stray blaster fire, so they garbed him in Tr'll's uniform, and dressed him in one of theirs, hiding him among them.
- From his place among them, Tr'll watched as Vinon Pellaeon betrays other Jedi Service Corpsmen to the clone troopers, who cut them down with blaster fire.
- As the troopers continue to pursue other Jedi aboard the vessel, Bas falls out of the ventilation right into the midst of the Verpine!
- This draws the attention of the clone troopers, who start to come back.
- Tr'll quickly hides the padawan and the little Dathomiri girl in one crate.
- But as the Verpine technician Zix'itz'l is hiding Bas Yagg, Vinon sees them hide the besalisk away. For whatever reason, he doesn't betray him, simply smiling and walking away.
- The Verpine quickly leave, and the clone troopers are content to let them go.
- The traitor Vinon Pellaeon claims the astromech DZ-LL for himself.
- Vinon Pellaeon esconces himself at the University of Lorrd in the aftermath, and DZ-LL becomes more of an archive/data droid than an actual astromech.
Arrival in the Halo Frontier
- The group arrives in the Halo Frontier aboard the Slayn & Kopril freighter.
- Tr'll is given low-rate contract work with Slayn & Kopril.
- They are not an actual employee of the company, but frequently works outsourced jobs that are particularly menial or dangerous for them.
- Makes ends meet by taking on other mechanics and engineering jobs, particularly doing repair work for the various services of the Halo.
11 IC - Pacification of the Halo Frontier
- The Empire arrives in the Kanz Sector, and the Halo Frontier Systems Force is dispatched to oversee its pacification.
- The oligarchs of the Halo Station put up a degree of resistance, but the invasion of the station by stormtroopers and the public execution of those oligarchs ends that quickly.
- As part of their contract with Slayn & Kopril, Tr'll is working salvage on the forest world of Kruzim.
- Among the ruined Clone Wars-era ships, they find a much older ship. Salvaging it, they find a still-working navcomp array, which contains navigational data that seems to suggest a destination within the Void of Chopani!
- One of the other salvage workers calls in a standing bounty on the data with the Worldseeker Corporation, and tries to take it from Tr'll, who evades them.
- Desperately, Tr'll calls in help from Zosa Vuren to get them off Kruzim with it.
- Zosa Vuren and Tr'll have a running fight with mercenaries hired by Worldseeker to recover the data, culminating in a rescue by Torvall Kres, who gets them back to the safety of the station.
- Tr'll hides the data after finding that it is incomplete.
- The Worldseeker Corporation offers a hefty bounty for the discovery of a new planet within the Void of Chopani.
- This instigates a big "world rush" by those anxious to win that bounty for themselves.
- Halo Board member Lesla Bille announces that he's seen a vision: the new planet within the Void will be found by holy searchers from the Sokrinti Disorthodoxy!
- They continue to harass Tr'll for the data, even breaking into their rooms several times hunting for that data from the Kruzim salvage find.
- Hastara Xeqedi is given a NESTT-class light freighter named the Okugoba by her adoptive mother, Teemah, who jokes that she's going to need a ship if she's the owner of an astromech now.
- After a check-up, Hastara Xeqedi starts making simple cargo runs and other tasks, occasionally calling on friends as needed.
- She also provides transport for some of Zosa Vuren's hunts.
18 IC - Discovery of Parvassis
- A few weeks later, when doing some routine data profiling on his own memory, DZ-LL makes a startling discovery: there is a correlation between the Kruzim navcomp data pattern and the pattern on the Nightsisters artifact!
- Using it, Hastara Xeqedi and DZ-LL are pretty certain they can find the destination both sources refer to, but they'll need some time to do some hunting.
- Hastara Xeqedi approaches the others, asking them to come along as crew on the trip. Tr'll acts as mechanic, Bas Yagg as medic, and Zosa Vuren works as "heavy."
- While searching, the Worldseeker Corporation's own search team send out a medical distress call, which reaches Bas Yagg's comm.
- After a moment of hesitation, he ignores the summons.
- The Okugoba arrives on the temperate plains-and-forests world, and have been there doing planetary scans and basic surveying when a ship from the Sokrinti Disorthodoxy arrives.
- While the Gandrians are recording their victorious "discovery," the crew of the Okugoba shows up and invites them over to their encampment, ruining their assumption of victory being live broadcast back to the Halo Frontier.
- It is a moment of distinct humiliation for Lesla Bille and the Disorthodoxy, though it makes the crew of the Okugoba rather beloved by many in the Frontier. (Even while it makes several of them very uncomfortable, thanks to the public attention).
- Upon returning to Halo Station, the crew applies with Worldseeker Corporation for the reward bounty, only to discover they have accidentally signed away any rights to the planet in exchange for a pittance.
- While in station, the Okugoba is trashed by unknown assailants. The Worldseeker bounty is just enough to get her up and running again...mostly.
- Nonetheless, the crew of the Okugoba uses the new-found attention to get jobs and keep getting paid.
21 IC - Light in the Void Chronicle Begins
- Though it has only been three years, everyone seems to have forgotten the Okugoba and their crew entirely. Ah, fickle fame.