Dr. Elaine Litchfield
Dr. Elaine Litchfield
|Intelligence 4, Wits 3, Resolve 2;|
Strength 3, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2;
Presence 2, Manipulation 2, Composure 3
|Mental: Academics 3 (Anthropology, Research), Investigation 3, Medicine 1, Occult 2(Cultural Beliefs), Politics 1, Science 3(Biology) |
Physical: Athletics 2(Sprinting, Archery), Brawl 1, Drive 1, Survival 1, Stealth 1
|Mental: Professional Training 4 (Professor), Trained Observer 1, Language(Old Norse, Latin) 1, Good Time Management, Library 1|
|Health: 7, Willpower: 5, Size: 5, Speed: 11, Defense: 5 (Armor: None), Initiative: 6|
• Endangering someone who is not already part of the Supernatural
|Harmony: 2, Primal Urge: 3, Essence: 7 max (max)|
Enhancements: Primal: Visual Acuity, TBD Harmony: Hooding the Rookery
Pack Tactics: None
Gifts: Insight (Read the Worlds Loom) (One Step Ahead) (Echo Dream) Death
Rites: Banish (•), Harness The Cycle (•), X (••), X (•••)
|• Essence: 1E to increase Finesse stat by +1 for one scene|
• Regeneration: Spend 1 Essence to heal 1L or 2B wounds
• Senses: +Primal Urge to perception; low light, hearing sensitivity (factor of 10), scent, tracking
• Sustenance: You regain a point of Essence when someone dies near you, or when you spend a scene in conversation or simply quiet reflection with someone who is at death's door. You may also gain this point in the company of those who are grieving the dead within three days of that person's death, as the death still lingers on them.
• Hoards: Archaeological grave goods, human remains, graverobbed jewelry, rubbings of rare tombstones.
Born: Month day, 1979 in Manchester, New Hampshire. Her father is a corporate lawyer and her mother is a University Professor.
Education and Career
- Dual B.S. Anthropology and Biology From Yale 1997-2001
- Masters in Anthroplogy 2001 - 2003
- Doctorate in Bioarcheology from Oxford 2003 - 2006
- Associate Professor of Anthropology
- Professor of Anthropology at University of Astoria 2011 to now
The Irish Dig
While Elaine was finishing her Doctoral Thesis at Oxford, a hiker at the Conigar Bog Natural Heritage Area in Ireland saw a hand sticking up out of one the Peat bogs. Dr. Henry Braddock, Elaine and several other graduate students traveled to Ireland to extract the bodies in order to identify the remains. While there Elaine could not shake the feeling that they were all being watched. During the recovery of the bodies she noticed what appeared to be the remains of some sort of rope that looked to have been used to bind them, either at the time of death or shortly before. The dig to recover the bodies was also plagued by numerous accidents and other incidents.
When they returned to Oxford with the cadavers, Elaine was one of the principal researchers investigating them. She found several anomalies on them, indicating that they were human like but not quite human. I am leaving this intentionally vague so that there is flexibility on what they actually were. When she shared her findings with Dr. Braddock, he insisted that there must have been a mistake in her tests or methodology. Elaine remembers returning to the laboratory to redo her tests yet again. The next thing she remembers was waking up in one of the rooms of Littlemore Mental Health Centre. She was informed that after her discussion of with Dr. Braddock she began behaving strangely. Over the next two days her behavior became increasingly erratic, and culminated in her attacking one of her colleagues.
She spent the next several weeks under observation as she tried to convince her doctors of her own sanity. She even agreed with her doctors that her mental issues must have started before she ran the tests, and that obviously and strange findings were the results of her own delusions. Once she was out she put her name on the paper that Dr. Braddock published, showing that the people in the bog were likely prisoners killed around the 13th century. This paper did not have any mention of any of the anomalies she had found.
Elaine does not have any solid memories of her missing time, but she does have occasional nightmares.
Game starts in fall 2012
- Dr. Litchfield is sleeping with her TA.
- She moved to Asotria because she was caught screwing a student.
- Dr. Litchfield has spent time in a mental hospital in England.
- Virtue: Explorer, Regain willpower when you make a discovery at risk to yourself.
- Vice: Obsessive, Regain willpower when you focus on main interests to the exclusion of something else.
- Free Talapus(Elaine)
- Meet Another Morrigan (Jeff)
- Acceptance into Lodge (Elaine)
- Integrity: 0 (Fledged)
- Endangering someone who is not already part of the Supernatural Elaine is deeply scared that someone will get hurt because they are too close to her. She can reconcile the risk if someone is already part of the supernatural, as they are already intrinsically in danger.
- Failing the Astoria Pack
- What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to the character? Being Forcibly Confined.
Elaine spent 3 weeks at Littlemore Mental hospital after the Irish Dig Incident.
Former Breaking Points
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? Sacrificing her integrity for advancement or advantage
Elaine Falsified Scientific Research in order to avoid damaging her Career.
- What is the worst thing your character can imagine someone else doing? Witnessing deliberate violence with an intent to harm.
The worst thing my character can imagine and understand is Intentionally causing physical harm to someone. She was a Rugby player. she knows how good violence can feel. Failed
- What has the character forgotten? The sensation of being watched.
My character cannot remember the two days before she was sent to Littlemore. Failed
- What is the worst thing your character can imagine herself doing? Taking sexual advantage of someone Elaine has authority over.
Elaine can picture herself having an affair with one of her students or TA's and she knows that it is unacceptable behavior. She has been tempted more then once. This was transformed into Endangering someone who is not already part of the Supernatural
- Experiencing a gap in her Memory. Waking up in the middle of the woods without knowing how she got there has thoroughly traumatized Elaine.
- Guilty: Over Desmonds death fighting Donaldo.
Professional Training 4: Asset skills are Academics, Science, Investigation.
- 1: 2 Dots of Contacts (Academics, Native American Tribes)
- 2: When making a roll with her Asset Skills, she benefits from the 9-again quality.
- 3: Third Asset skill, +2 specialties
- 4: +1 Investigation, 1 Beat back when an asset skill is raised.
Trained Observer 1: Any time you make a Perception roll (usually Wits + Composure), you benefit from the 9-again quality.
Pack 1: Packbound to Stella, Warner, Thomas, Vanya, Desmond, Neena, Jace, Renee and Miles.
Good Time Management: X
Library 2: X
Shadow Sight: Effect: You are able to see into Shadow at a locus (or Twilight elsewhere) in human form. This happens automatically upon arriving at a locus. You may shift your vision and focus exclusively on one or the other realm with a Wits + Occult roll, at a penalty equal to that inflicted by the local Gauntlet. Drawback: As usual, focusing between the world of men and Shadow is disorienting, inflicting a -2 penalty to all Perception rolls, as well as any Wits-based rolls. You may spend 1 Essence to ignore this penalty for one scene.
Refinement Vision Acuity: All Vision based perception checks have the rote quality.
Rites 1: I can find spirits to teach me rites.
- 1 - Banish:
- 1- Harness the Cycle:
- 2 - Call Natural Hursihim:
- 3 - Shadow Call
Through the Ravens Eye 4: When using your ephemeral manifestation, you may choose your normal manifestation, or you may use this one: your raven-smoke quickly passes through the surrounding terrain until it finds a single corvid of some kind. It then enters the body of the bird, possessing it by spending 1 Essence.
Your consciousness shifts to the corvid's body, leaving your own unconscious and defenseless. While in the body of this bird, you are in complete control of it, and it may travel a number of miles away from your body equal to your Primal Urge in tens of miles. Attempting to travel beyond this distance weakens your Rookery, who abandon the bird's form and return to you immediately. You may retain this control until the sun crosses the horizon again - when this happens, you need not give up control of the body, but you must spend another Essence to retain that control.
At four dots, you may control an entire murder of corvids. You may spread them throughout the area covered in your range, shifting "perspective" from one to the next by taking a Reflexive action to do so. You may also direct your murder to attack or otherwise hinder someone, with a Wits + Primal Urge roll - each success either inflicts a point of penalty to a given dice roll the target is attempting, or it inflicts one point of bashing damage (minus Armor, but Defense doesn't apply). If an attacker manages to kill or injure at least 25% of the murder's population, your Rookery flees back to your body.
First Tongue 2:
Bestial Defense: When calculating Defense, use the higher of your Dexterity or Wits, rather than the lower of the two. By spending 1 Essence, your Defense is calculated as Dexterity + Wits + Athletics for 1 turn. Drawback: As this invokes the Rookery, anytime you use this Merit's benefits add 1 Rage.
- Exorcism by Smoke: Banish (•). Dice Pool: Presence + Occult. A Cunning Witchcraft rite in which the ritemaster burns a potent mixture of asafoetida, nettles, and blackthorn cuttings in a lead dish, walking around the space widdershins in which the spirit is known to dwell.
- Blood for the Cake: Harness the Cycle (•). Dice Pool: Wits + Occult. A celebration of solstice and equinox, marked with a few drops of the ritemaster's blood in wine which is then splashed on a simple cake appropriate to the season. Those who eat of the cake then gain the benefits of the rite. This must be performed at a liminal space of some kind: a crossroads, a graveyard, the border between forest and field, the shore, etc.
- The Spirit Winds: Call Natural Hursihim (••). Dice Pool: Manipulation + Expression (+2 for Nature spirits). A form of this rite that is quite old, in which the ritemaster plays a woodwind pipe. Each different Nation requires a different kind of wood (which the ritemaster need not make himself). Interestingly, several other Rites fall into this version - once the ritemaster learns those rites, she also learns how to perform them with the Spirit Winds.
- Nation of Nature Spirits Choirs Known: Birds, Animals
- Pack's Howl Sacred Hunt (••). Dice Pool: Stamina + Expression ().
- The Circle of Flame: Shadowcall (•••). Dice Pool: Presence + Expression. The ritemaster constructs a circular bonfire, usually by digging a circular pit and lighting a fire in a bed all the way around the circled area. Before the fire is lit, chiminage of some kind is left as an offering in the center of the circle. What follows is a minutes-long chant in an old tongue, until the fire flares upward and the spirit appears (if able) in the center of the circle of fire.
- Possessions: Small Notebook, Pocket Tape Recorder, Phone(flip)
- Messenger Bag: Inhaler(Belladonna), Epi-Pen(Belladonna), Epi-Pen(Wolfsbane), Heat Pack (+1 Dice to feral Check)
- House: Yoga mat and Meditative Tape (+2)
- Office: Camera(Film), Gym Bag
- Kevlar Vest: Armor 1/3
- Silver Brass Knuckles (Dmg 0, Init 0, Str 1, Size 1)
- Compound Bow(Dmg 2, Init -3, Str 3, Size 3, Range 40/80/160) 12/12 Silver Arrows, 12/12 Normal Arrows, kept in car.
- Other Notes: X
- Wolfsbane Paste Poison (8 doses)
Friends and Family
- Alexander Litchfield Elaine's Father, a Lawyer in New Hampshire. He runs a small but very successful Family Law practice.
- Dr. Samantha Litchfield-Wolcott Elaine's Mother, A professor of Political Science at the University of New Hampshire (Manchester). Samantha, is very much the model of the modern New England democrat and activist.
- Avery Wendley - UofA Student Advisor. Elaine's friend and occasional lover. He wants something much more serious then what they have. They go out once every couple of weeks or so, if Elaine has the time.
- Dr. Henry Braddock - Professor of Bioarcheology at Oxford. He was Elaines Thesis Mentor, and was there with her at the Irish Incident.
- Renee McDonnall - Anthropology and English Major. Very bright but she doesn't apply herself in class the way she could. Elaine is deeply worried about Renee with the passing of Henry, and concerned that her involvement in the pack could get her killed.
- Linda Denison - Former Student of Elaine's. See Romantic Interests.
- Desmond - Desmond disappoints Elaine. She sees some potential for him to step up and take charge of the pack but he has failed to do so. She rather likes him as a person, but feels that he isn't someone who is willing to step up as a leader. Goddamn it Desmond, why did you have to get yourself killed.
- Vanya - See Romantic Interests below
- Victor -
- Resse - Elaine dosen't fully trust Reese.
- Jerome -
- Stella - Friend. Packmate. Former Pot Source. Waaaaay to straight laced. Elaine is worried that Stella might be losing it.
- Warner - Packmate. Warner is a good kid. He took Henry's death too hard, but he seems to be dealing as best he can. As much as he might argue about not really being a boy scout anymore, he rather is.
- Jace - Packmate. Jace is a complete Ass, but Elaine rather likes that about him. To be honest he is the only newer werewolf who seems to have a realistic view on things. Also, she is rather fond of his website. He has killed Alice, and become the pack Alpha, a move that Elaine strongly supports.
- Neena - Elaine's TA. And a relative to the former Pack leader. Elaine still hasn't fully forgiven Neena for spying on her.
- Abe - Jace's little brother. Abe seems to be a good kid if needlessly afraid of Elaine. But she would never do anything to hurt him, she just wants to help him learn how to control his obvious abilities. For his own good.
The Former Friend with Benefits
UofA Student Advisor. Avery used to be Elaine's Friend and occasional lover. Elaine dumped him after realizing that being near her could very well get him hurt or killed. She still cares for him but avoids him like the plague.
The Werewolf Cross-Country Coach
Elaine higly approves of Vanya grade werewolf cuddle piles. While deeply attracted to Vanya, Elaine dosen't want to disrupt the Pack dynamic or cause issues between her and Linda.
Bartender @ The Crossroads
Elaine is attracted to Stephanie, but has no intention of hitting on her as that might put her at risk.
Student, Were Owl
A Were Owl and Elaine's girl friend. Elaine likes Linda quite a bit, but she is still somewhat cheeped out by the fact that she is a student. She would
- Swallalahoost: Nation Unknown • Rank Unknown. A thunderbird allied with Talapus that dwells in the vicinity of Saddle Mountain's potent locus.
- Chain Reaper (Kar Kar Sum): Tools (Saws) • Hursah (Rank 2). A tool-spirit of lumber chainsaws. The one Elaine encountered was driven mad by its habitation of a forest that was once extensively logged, but is no longer such.
- Consuming Fire (Hanzerih): Fire (Flames) • Hursah (Rank 2). The spirit of flame that consumes physical things, a spirit hungry for violence and quick destruction.
- Fallen Brethren (Ses'hissu): Animals (Wolf) • Hursah (Rank 2), Ensih (Rank 3), or Ensah (Rank 4). The spirit of werewolves whose Feral Wolf fled the captivity of their body upon death. Benefits: Influence (Werewolves 2 - 4)
- Wolf-Brother (Ura'khal): Animals (Wolf) • Hursah (Rank 2). The spirit of wolves in their proudest and strongest manifestation in nature. Noble hunters and defenders of their territory. Benefits: Influence (Wolves 2) • Can teach Rite of the Sacred Hunt
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Downtime Condition: Studious. Elaine spends most of her time buried in books, while shee spends most of her time Combing through the Randall library, she still makes time to keep up with the most relevant articles in current academic Journals.
- Money: Elaine has little spare money. Most of her salary is going into her house, and the rest of it tends to be put into books and clothing.
- Clothing & Jewelry: Elaine typically wears slacks and a silk blouse with a few pieces of antique silver jewelry. Some of her jewelry was inherited from her grandmother. She keeps a gym bag in her office with a running outfit and shoes.
- Communication: Elaine has a cheap older flip phone. She will communicates via phone or email, but much prefers to talk to people in person. She corresponds with several friends across the country via email. She also carries around an old iPod which she uses to play music while she runs.
- Food: She has a love of spicy food, and eats take out Thai food on a regular basis.
- Housing: Elaine lives in a small Victorian House located at X and X. She has only recently moved in to the house, and it is still filled with numerous boxes. Bookshelves line most bare patch's of wall,
- Days: Elaine starts her day with a morning run. While at work she splits her time between the classroom, her office, and her small lab in the Richmond Science Centre. She typically eats lunch in her office or at a table near the quad. She tends to stay at the campus in her lab or her office until fairly late in the evening, working to the sound of Metal and Punk music.
- Elaine is the Faculty adviser for the Gay Straight Alliance.
- Evenings: Elaine spends most evenings at home, reading a wide variety of nonfiction books and papers, mostly focused on her fields of study. She watches next to no TV, and what little she watches is either British or a documentary.
- Current Classes: Winder 2013 Class Source
- Anthropology 241, Anthropology of Religion - Large Lecture Class. Cross-cultural survey of beliefs and practices dealing with the supernatural, magic and religion. Conceptualization of the supernatural. Sacred specialists, their function and social position. Theories of comparative religion in light of anthropological data.
- Anthropology 350, Introduction to Biological Anthropology - Small Laboratory Class, Introduces the subfield of anthropology that focuses on the natural history of humankind. Through lecture and laboratory, the course surveys a range of materials that focus on the diversity of the Order Primates with emphasis on human and primate variation, adaptation and evolution.
- Anthropology 4xx, Seminar - This class is offered for the Anthropology Majors who are helping in the dig.
- Former Classes: Fall 2012
- Anthropology 200, General Anthropology - Large Lecture Class. Introduction to the four subfields of anthropology (sociocultural, biological, linguistic and archaeology) through analyses of the cultural, social and biological dimensions of human variation. Appropriate first course for students considering major or minor in anthropology as well as nonmajors fulfilling general education requirement.
- Anthropology 230, Human Sexuality and Culture Large Lecture Class. This course examines aspects of sexuality from a cross-cultural viewpoint and traces the development of an individual's sexuality and sexual identity. Sexual anatomy and functioning, gender roles and the interplay of behavior and sexual ethics are discussed.
- Anthropology 352, Skeleton Keys: Forensic Identification - Small Laboratory class. Survey of forensic anthropology, an applied field of biological anthropology, focusing the wider scope of skeletal biology on problems of medicolegal significance, primarily in determining personal identity and cause of death from human remains.
|• Current Beats: 3 Studious: 0 Primal: 0|
• Unspent Experiences: 0 XP 0 Primal
• Spent Experiences: 30 + 1 Studious + 1 Primal
|• June 25th: 1 beat|
• July 9th: 3 beats
|Composure 3, Language(Old Norse and Latin) 1, Pack 1, Good Time Management 1, Professional Training 4, Archery Specialization, Occult 2, Primal Urge 2, Shadow Sight 2, Rites 1, Through the Ravens Eye 2, Library -1, Pack Territory 1, Stealth 1, Presence -1(gift Purchase), Insight Gift(Read the World's Loom), Through the Ravens Eye 4, Harmony 2 (Hooding the Rookery), Rite(Harness the Cycle), Integrity -1, Insight Gift(One Step Ahead), Rites 2(Call Natural Hursihim), Rites 3(Shadow Call), Erode Striking Looks -1, First Tongue 1, Resources -1, First Tongue 2, Rite(Sacred Hunt), Status -2, Gift(Echo Dream), Library 1, Bestial Defense 2, Primal Urge 3, Library 2|